Author Topic: FC v. T&SL  (Read 5888 times)

Amianthus

• Bring on the flames...
    • View Profile
    • Mario's Home Page
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 0
Re: FC v. T&SL
« Reply #30 on: August 09, 2008, 06:04:59 PM »
You are a liar as well as a fool. I said nothing of the sort. . All I said was that the SS trust funds are invested in govt obligations, predominately t-bills under Clinton. You are regurgitating some RW nonsense.
I notice you never use sources. Try it this time. You might learn something.

I always use sources, but you knew that, liar.

Anyway, the government spent the SS trust fund money. You admitted it. Thanks for agreeing with me.

And , secondly, of course the govt already spent that money. That is what a debt obligation is!
Do not anticipate trouble, or worry about what may never happen. Keep in the sunlight. (Benjamin Franklin)

Knutey

« Reply #31 on: August 09, 2008, 09:54:31 PM »
You are a liar as well as a fool. I said nothing of the sort. . All I said was that the SS trust funds are invested in govt obligations, predominately t-bills under Clinton. You are regurgitating some RW nonsense.

I always use sources, but you knew that, liar.

Anyway, the government spent the SS trust fund money. You admitted it. Thanks for agreeing with me.

And , secondly, of course the govt already spent that money. That is what a debt obligation is!

You sure havent given any sources to support whatever this moronic point you are trying to make in this thread. If you think I agree with you it is because you havent the faintest clue as to what I am talking about. You know nothing of finance or govt it appears.

Amianthus

• Bring on the flames...
    • View Profile
    • Mario's Home Page
  • Liked:
« Reply #32 on: August 09, 2008, 10:24:35 PM »
You sure havent given any sources to support whatever this moronic point you are trying to make in this thread. If you think I agree with you it is because you havent the faintest clue as to what I am talking about. You know nothing of finance or govt it appears.

Link to the SSA website with info on the long term bonds into which they "invest" the trust fund. Since you have admitted that the money in these bonds is spent by the government, those two points together show that the government has already spent the entire "trust fund". Since those trust funds are not included in the deficit / surplus calculations, they need to be subtracted from Clinton's "surplus" and hence yields a deficit under Clinton as well.

Any moron should have been able to follow it, but I guess you don't even reach that high on the IQ scale.
Do not anticipate trouble, or worry about what may never happen. Keep in the sunlight. (Benjamin Franklin)

Knutey

« Reply #33 on: August 09, 2008, 10:43:08 PM »

Link to the SSA website with info on the long term bonds into which they "invest" the trust fund. Since you have admitted that the money in these bonds is spent by the government, those two points together show that the government has already spent the entire "trust fund". Since those trust funds are not included in the deficit / surplus calculations, they need to be subtracted from Clinton's "surplus" and hence yields a deficit under Clinton as well.

Any moron should have been able to follow it, but I guess you don't even reach that high on the IQ scale.

You are just babbling on to get the last word now. you have provided no source for this deep understanding of finance and govt I can only assume you have none and are a hopeless retard( With apologies to all the real retards who are not probly as arrogant as you)

Amianthus

• Bring on the flames...
    • View Profile
    • Mario's Home Page
  • Liked:
« Reply #34 on: August 09, 2008, 10:48:59 PM »
You are just babbling on to get the last word now. you have provided no source for this deep understanding of finance and govt I can only assume you have none and are a hopeless retard( With apologies to all the real retards who are not probly as arrogant as you)

Well, I guess you can prove me wrong by simply showing how the government has not spent the SS trust fund. You have yet to do so, even though that was your initial claim.

Knutey

« Reply #35 on: August 10, 2008, 12:03:59 AM »

Well, I guess you can prove me wrong by simply showing how the government has not spent the SS trust fund. You have yet to do so, even though that was your initial claim.

Since you cannot prove anything you have said at least show me that I ever claimed any that. All I have said is that the SS trust fund is invested in  treasury securities which at least in  the past before the moron Bushidiot was "elected" was considered an extremely safe investment.

Amianthus

• Bring on the flames...
    • View Profile
    • Mario's Home Page
  • Liked:
« Reply #36 on: August 10, 2008, 12:52:01 AM »
You are a liar as well as a fool. I said nothing of the sort. .

The SS thing is nonsense - every penny of SS has ALWAYS been invested in T-Bills, meaning, every penny of SS has always been loaned to the govt. You cant all be that ignorant.

• Very little of the SS Trust Fund has ever been invested in T-Bills.
  • It was loaned to government and spent. So the money is no longer "held" by the government.

All I said was that the SS trust funds are invested in govt obligations, predominately t-bills under Clinton. You are regurgitating some RW nonsense.

Under Clinton (all numbers in $B):

Percent in
YearT-BondsT-BillsT-Bills

All numbers provided by the SSA.

Please point out which year under Clinton the investments were "predominately t-bills".

Amianthus

• Bring on the flames...
    • View Profile
    • Mario's Home Page
  • Liked:
« Reply #37 on: August 10, 2008, 12:58:58 AM »
Ha! Caught you changing your post while I was responding!

You originally wrote "predominately t-bills under Clinton" (which you also claimed earlier) and changed it to "invested in  treasury securities".

You also removed the claim "I notice you never use sources. Try it this time. You might learn something." which is pretty easy to debunk. I've posted the link to SSA website twice now.

Amianthus

• Bring on the flames...
    • View Profile
    • Mario's Home Page
  • Liked:
« Reply #38 on: August 10, 2008, 01:01:36 AM »
All I have said is that the SS trust fund is invested in  treasury securities which at least in  the past before the moron Bushidiot was "elected" was considered an extremely safe investment.

About three years ago, Lanya posted an article about the Feds defaulting on T-Bonds issued to other countries in 1998 or 1999.

Of course, a moron like you probably thinks that is the fault of Bush as well...

Knutey

« Reply #39 on: August 10, 2008, 09:10:37 AM »
All I have said is that the SS trust fund is invested in  treasury securities which at least in  the past before the moron Bushidiot was "elected" was considered an extremely safe investment.

About three years ago, Lanya posted an article about the Feds defaulting on T-Bonds issued to other countries in 1998 or 1999.

Of course, a moron like you probably thinks that is the fault of Bush as well...

I am glad to see you are finally attempting to source  something instead of just talking out of your ass. It still does not mitigate the fact that you did not know squat about Treasury Securities by saying T-Bills go out 30 years. I will concede that I should have said US Govt Securities instead of t-bills in my first post. However, your assertion that somehow Bill's surplus did not count because they were invested in these is moronic in  the highest. The SS surplus is invested in these now just as it was then. Your arguments are usually from outer space, but this one is really pulled out of Uranus.

Amianthus

• Bring on the flames...
    • View Profile
    • Mario's Home Page
  • Liked:
« Reply #40 on: August 10, 2008, 11:51:55 AM »
However, your assertion that somehow Bill's surplus did not count because they were invested in these is moronic in  the highest. The SS surplus is invested in these now just as it was then. Your arguments are usually from outer space, but this one is really pulled out of Uranus.

So, where is that money safely stored?

Hint, it's not, it's been spent. Which was my point.

You're not only in outer space, but you left your helmet off if you can't understand that.

Amianthus

• Bring on the flames...
    • View Profile
    • Mario's Home Page
  • Liked:
« Reply #41 on: August 10, 2008, 11:54:04 AM »
I am glad to see you are finally attempting to source  something instead of just talking out of your ass.

And any post of mine where I quote facts, I provide a link. Like both of my posts that contain links to SSA trust fund information.

But since I formatted my links properly (which you seem to be too much of a moron to do) you probably couldn't find those links.

Amianthus

• Bring on the flames...
    • View Profile
    • Mario's Home Page
  • Liked:
« Reply #42 on: August 10, 2008, 11:57:02 AM »
I am glad to see you are finally attempting to source  something instead of just talking out of your ass. It still does not mitigate the fact that you did not know squat about Treasury Securities by saying T-Bills go out 30 years.

And actually, since you're so good at sourcing your information, please provide a link where I said that T-Bills are 30 year investments.

I remember saying that the SS Trust Fund is invested in 15 and 30 year instruments, but I didn't say they were T-Bills.

Knutey

« Reply #43 on: August 10, 2008, 12:04:12 PM »
However, your assertion that somehow Bill's surplus did not count because they were invested in these is moronic in  the highest. The SS surplus is invested in these now just as it was then. Your arguments are usually from outer space, but this one is really pulled out of Uranus.

So, where is that money safely stored?

Hint, it's not, it's been spent. Which was my point.

You're not only in outer space, but you left your helmet off if you can't understand that.

I said nothing about the money being "stored" only invested. And besides the real point is that it is  invested the same way now as it was when Bill was Pres and had nothing to do with his surplus or lack thereof as you said.
At least my helmet isnt made of tinfoil like yours

Knutey

« Reply #44 on: August 10, 2008, 12:09:32 PM »
I am glad to see you are finally attempting to source  something instead of just talking out of your ass. It still does not mitigate the fact that you did not know squat about Treasury Securities by saying T-Bills go out 30 years.

And actually, since you're so good at sourcing your information, please provide a link where I said that T-Bills are 30 year investments.

I remember saying that the SS Trust Fund is invested in 15 and 30 year instruments, but I didn't say they were T-Bills.

You make false statements so much, I dont archive the worthless pieces of shit.The gist was you asked if I knew what T-Bills were. I said short-term givt debt and you said if you consider 30 years short-term Remember or do you have short-term memory loss like almost all Repuds do?