Author Topic: FC v. T&SL  (Read 5894 times)

Knutey

Re: FC v. T&SL
« Reply #15 on: August 08, 2008, 10:10:19 PM »
The SS thing is nonsense - every penny of SS has ALWAYS been invested in T-Bills, meaning, every penny of SS has always been loaned to the govt. You cant all be that ignorant.

Do you know what a T-Bill is?

It is short for Treasury Bill which is a short-term obligation of the US Govt .I KNEW you were a moron!

Plane

• View Profile
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 0
« Reply #16 on: August 08, 2008, 10:18:45 PM »
The SS thing is nonsense - every penny of SS has ALWAYS been invested in T-Bills, meaning, every penny of SS has always been loaned to the govt. You cant all be that ignorant.

Do you know what a T-Bill is?

It is short for Treasury Bill which is a short-term obligation of the US Govt .I KNEW you were a moron!

This is something like getting money by writeing a check for yourself, the government owes the government a lot of money , they have been writeing poast dated checks to themselves too long.

Amianthus

• Bring on the flames...
    • View Profile
    • Mario's Home Page
  • Liked:
« Reply #17 on: August 08, 2008, 10:19:33 PM »

I guess if you consider 30 years to be "short term".

Now explain how it works without using the term "and the government spends the money".
Do not anticipate trouble, or worry about what may never happen. Keep in the sunlight. (Benjamin Franklin)

Knutey

« Reply #18 on: August 08, 2008, 11:11:08 PM »

I guess if you consider 30 years to be "short term".

Now explain how it works without using the term "and the government spends the money".

You are everybit as ignorant as I thought . A T-Bill is a shoty-term govt obligation.Anything over 10 ten years is called a T-Bond, stupid. This includes 30 years in  case you still miss the point.
http://financial-dictionary.thefreedictionary.com/Treasury+Bond+(T-Bond)
A part of the reason Bill was able to wipe out the deficit is that he changed the govt financing to as much near term as possible because the rateswere lower. It was a simple , but brilliant move. We need brilliance instead of the existing stupidity in the Executive Branch.
http://www.ed.gov/PressReleases/08-2000/wh-0805.html

Amianthus

• Bring on the flames...
    • View Profile
    • Mario's Home Page
  • Liked:
« Reply #19 on: August 09, 2008, 03:55:01 AM »
You are everybit as ignorant as I thought .

According to the Social Security Administration "These SI securities are of two types: short-term certificates of indebtedness and long-term bonds." If you look at the current investments detailed on this page from the SSA (put in a year and submit it, it will return the data for that year) you will see that virtually all of the SS investments are held in long term bonds. I'll give you a hint - the longer numbers are larger values.

A part of the reason Bill was able to wipe out the deficit is that he changed the govt financing to as much near term as possible because the rateswere lower. It was a simple , but brilliant move. We need brilliance instead of the existing stupidity in the Executive Branch.

Your provided link only mentions Social Security in a brief sentence about dedicating more of the SS income to Medicare. Says nothing about moving the SS trust fund into short term notes.

Now, can you please explain how the system works without using the term "and the government spends the money," (which you have yet to do). After all, my contention is that the government spends the money. Just because they call it something else before they spend it does not mean that it was not spent.
« Last Edit: August 09, 2008, 03:56:48 AM by Amianthus »
Do not anticipate trouble, or worry about what may never happen. Keep in the sunlight. (Benjamin Franklin)

Knutey

« Reply #20 on: August 09, 2008, 10:53:30 AM »
You are everybit as ignorant as I thought .

According to the Social Security Administration "These SI securities are of two types: short-term certificates of indebtedness and long-term bonds." If you look at the current investments detailed on this page from the SSA (put in a year and submit it, it will return the data for that year) you will see that virtually all of the SS investments are held in long term bonds. I'll give you a hint - the longer numbers are larger values.

Your provided link only mentions Social Security in a brief sentence about dedicating more of the SS income to Medicare. Says nothing about moving the SS trust fund into short term notes.

Now, can you please explain how the system works without using the term "and the government spends the money," (which you have yet to do). After all, my contention is that the government spends the money. Just because they call it something else before they spend it does not mean that it was not spent.

You asked me what a T-Bill was I told you, you wrongfully and stupididly denied and now you want to obfuscate your imbecility by fogging the issue which is a typical RW bullshit manuever. Go pound sand up your stupid ass. I'm not playing your silly little fascist games.

« Last Edit: August 09, 2008, 11:06:36 AM by Knutey »

Amianthus

• Bring on the flames...
    • View Profile
    • Mario's Home Page
  • Liked:
« Reply #21 on: August 09, 2008, 11:13:52 AM »
You asked me what a T-Bill was I told you, you wrongfully and stupididly denied and now you want to obfuscate your imbecility by fogging the issue which is a typical RW bullshit manuever. Go pound sand up your stupid ass. I'm not playing your silly little fascist games.

Then I guess it was just that you were incorrect in the beginning, because you claimed that the SS trust fund in invested in T-Bills, when it's not.

Knutey

« Reply #22 on: August 09, 2008, 12:01:25 PM »

Then I guess it was just that you were incorrect in the beginning, because you claimed that the SS trust fund in invested in T-Bills, when it's not.

I will not play your stupid little game, but I will play mine by allowing you to keep your arrogant weaseling stupidity at the top of the page. It was you that didn't know what a T-Bill was. Whether all was invested in them is irrelevant and just another deflection by a wrongheaded idiot(you). BWAHAHAHAHA!
« Last Edit: August 09, 2008, 12:31:39 PM by Knutey »

Amianthus

• Bring on the flames...
    • View Profile
    • Mario's Home Page
  • Liked:
« Reply #23 on: August 09, 2008, 01:23:47 PM »
I will not play your stupid little game, but I will play mine by allowing you to keep your arrogant weaseling stupidity at the top of the page. It was you that didn't know what a T-Bill was. Whether all was invested in them is irrelevant and just another deflection by a wrongheaded idiot(you). BWAHAHAHAHA!

Yup, you didn't know that the SS trust fund was invested in long term treasury notes. We got that already. You also don't seem to know that also means that the government spent that money already.

sirs

• View Profile
  • Liked:
« Reply #24 on: August 09, 2008, 01:27:38 PM »
Don't try to make him think, Ami.  He could blow a gasket
"The worst form of inequality is to try to make unequal things equal." -- Aristotle

Amianthus

• Bring on the flames...
    • View Profile
    • Mario's Home Page
  • Liked:
« Reply #25 on: August 09, 2008, 01:31:04 PM »
Don't try to make him think, Ami.  He could blow a gasket

She's done that already.

sirs

• View Profile
  • Liked:
« Reply #26 on: August 09, 2008, 01:33:46 PM »
good assumption, at this point
"The worst form of inequality is to try to make unequal things equal." -- Aristotle

Knutey

« Reply #27 on: August 09, 2008, 05:20:16 PM »

Yup, you didn't know that the SS trust fund was invested in long term treasury notes. We got that already. You also don't seem to know that also means that the government spent that money already.

You really do love showing your stupidity, dont you?
First of all , not all of the funds were in long term t-notes.
:    Question

Do the Social Security Trust Funds earn interest?

Answer

Yes they do. By law, the assets of the Social Security program must be invested in interest-bearing government securities or in securities guaranteed by the government as to both principal and interest. The Trust Funds hold a mix of short-term and long-term government securities. The Trust Funds can hold both regular Treasury securities and "special obligation" securities issued only to federal trust funds. All the securities in the Social Security Trust Funds are special obligations.

The rate of interest on special issues is determined by a formula  enacted in 1960. The rate is determined at the end of each month and applies to new investments in the following month.

The numeric average of the 12 monthly interest rates for 2007 was 4.656 percent. The effective interest rate (the average rate of return on all investments) for the OASI and DI Trust Funds, combined, was 5.3 percent in 2007. This higher effective rate resulted because the funds hold special-issue bonds acquired in past years when interest rates were higher.

http://ssa-custhelp.ssa.gov/cgi-bin/ssa.cfg/php/enduser/popup_adp.php?p_sid=Xc4wXUaj&p_lva=&p_li=&p_faqid=404&p_created=963406743&p_sp=cF9zcmNoPTEmcF9zb3J0X2J5PSZwX2dyaWRzb3J0PSZwX3Jvd19jbnQ9MywzJnBfcHJvZHM9JnBfY2F0cz0mcF9wdj0mcF9jdj0xLjI4JnBfcGFnZT0x

And , secondly, of course the govt already spent that money. That is what a debt obligation is!

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Government_debt

Amianthus

• Bring on the flames...
    • View Profile
    • Mario's Home Page
  • Liked:
« Reply #28 on: August 09, 2008, 05:28:17 PM »
And , secondly, of course the govt already spent that money. That is what a debt obligation is!

Thank you. So, they spent the money while still counting it as part of their "trust fund". That's why Clinton didn't have a "surplus" - his budgets spent the money that was counted as being part of the "trust fund" as well.

Knutey

« Reply #29 on: August 09, 2008, 05:48:52 PM »
And , secondly, of course the govt already spent that money. That is what a debt obligation is!Duh!

Thank you. So, they spent the money while still counting it as part of their "trust fund". That's why Clinton didn't have a "surplus" - his budgets spent the money that was counted as being part of the "trust fund" as well.
You are a liar as well as a fool. I said nothing of the sort. . All I said was that the SS trust funds are invested in govt obligations, predominately t-bills under Clinton. You are regurgitating some RW nonsense.
I notice you never use sources. Try it this time. You might learn something.