Author Topic: Marriage is now allowed for gays in Florida.  (Read 13547 times)

Xavier_Onassis

• View Profile
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 0
Re: Marriage is now allowed for gays in Florida.
« Reply #90 on: January 18, 2015, 11:37:42 AM »
The US can easily deal with gays, as we do not have any problem reproducing ourselves. If the entire nation were gay, we could easily maintain the birthrate through artificial insemination. Gays are not against having children, they simply do not prefer heterosexual sex as a form of recreation. Modern technology could easily permit an entirely gay culture to sustain itself. Of course, this is a moot point, since no such culture is going to exist. Perhaps a totally gay planet culture might make an interesting Star Trek The Newest Generation episode. Any society that includes both men and women of childbearing age can reproduce itself with or without actual heterosexual relations.

Permitting women to decide the fate of their pregnancy is entirely unrelated to Democracy. Perhaps fewer unwanted births would affect income disparity and the crime rate. Unwanted children are more likely to be unproductive and criminal individuals. When BC pills were introduced, there was a seriousl drop in the crime rate two decades later.
"Time flies like an arrow; fruit flies like a banana."

Plane

• View Profile
  • Liked:
« Reply #91 on: January 18, 2015, 12:35:24 PM »
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Forever_War

That actually does make a very good story, I read it years ago , recommend it for a rainy day.

Reproduction is more than procreation, we could be raising clones in barracks if we didn't care that they would all turn out to be agnostic Democrats.

Reproduction should include a reasonable indoctrination to faith and reason that can result in an orderly society without need of tyranny.

Do we really know what we risk by smashing our family structure?

Xavier_Onassis

• View Profile
  • Liked:
« Reply #92 on: January 18, 2015, 12:39:34 PM »
I seriously question that having gay parents smashes "family structure" . Two parents of any sexual orientation is almost certainly better than one or none.

Children with two gay parents are almost certainly going to be more tolerant of homosexuality. Other than that, they are like children of any other types of parent.

Plane

• View Profile
  • Liked:
« Reply #93 on: January 18, 2015, 12:48:56 PM »
  As far as we know,I guess, lets experiment , lets experiment totally, what is there to loose?

Xavier_Onassis

• View Profile
  • Liked:
« Reply #94 on: January 18, 2015, 01:34:49 PM »
I see nothing wrong with allowing any American to marry anyone he or she wishes. I don't see this as an experiment.

I don't think that any sane Supreme Court judge would rule to make all the gays who have already married in 36 states to be unmarried. I don't see how any state can refuse to recognize people married in a different state, either.

The main problems children have when growing up stem from poverty, a lack of educated parents, and being unwanted.
Two gay parents are more likely to be able to support a child than one, as two people are likely to earn more.
Typically, gays and Lesbians marry and adopt at a later date than hetero couples. They are far more likely to have children because they actually want to have them.

The child of gay /Lesbian parents is statistically likely to be more wanted, have a better attitude to education, and to not be poor than the child of a teen mother.

sirs

• View Profile
  • Liked:
« Reply #95 on: January 18, 2015, 01:55:12 PM »
I think the difference is that some of us think of democracy as a long term project , multigenerational , but a failure if individual rights in the present are not as respected as the future.

Abortion is a failure of individual rights .
Gay marrage is a failure of long term sustainability

BINGO!!
"The worst form of inequality is to try to make unequal things equal." -- Aristotle

sirs

• View Profile
  • Liked:
« Reply #96 on: January 18, 2015, 02:00:50 PM »
Welp...1st Pregnant nurse response is back.  An apparent yet-to-be born bouncing girl.  Apparently not a fetus, not a mass of cells, not a "potential" human, but an unborn baby girl.  There's about 3 other Nurses I need to inquire to

A Woman deciding to have an abortion absolutely harms the unborn child....kills him or her...literally

---------------------------------------------------

Xo tactic 102, arguing a point never made.  FYI, I have no rules of debate to follow, so there's no need to abide by something, that doesn't exist.  The only rule I have....for me personally, is just a quid-pro-quo of responding.  Respect in posting, respect in responding.  If I get disrespected in a post, I have no obligation to be respectful in responding.  My rule only, that you're not obligated to abide by

2nd & 3rd reports back from the hospital.  Both staff, 1 a nurse, and 1 a nurses aide, both carrying ....... wait for it.......1 an unborn baby girl, the other an unborn baby boy.  Apparently not a potential boy or girl, not a fetus, but an unborn child, as in human.  There's still 1 more Nurse I need to speak with, but I won't be back to work now until Tues.  I have a feeling though, I know what her answer's going to be.  Stay tuned
"The worst form of inequality is to try to make unequal things equal." -- Aristotle

Xavier_Onassis

• View Profile
  • Liked:
« Reply #97 on: January 18, 2015, 02:01:12 PM »
I reject your Bingo as stupid and idiotic, sirs.

sirs

• View Profile
  • Liked:
« Reply #98 on: January 18, 2015, 02:02:41 PM »
The main problems children have when growing up stem from poverty, a lack of educated parents, and being unwanted.

The main reason children grow up in poverty, is women who continue to have them out of wedlock, without being fully educated, and without a father figure in the home

sirs

• View Profile
  • Liked:
« Reply #99 on: January 18, 2015, 02:04:18 PM »
I reject your Bingo as stupid and idiotic, sirs.

And once again, its not my bingo.  It's acknowledging the point that PLANE MADE.  Your apparent beef is with him      ::)

Xavier_Onassis

• View Profile
  • Liked:
« Reply #100 on: January 18, 2015, 03:56:38 PM »
Note that the topic here is NOT abortions.

sirs

• View Profile
  • Liked:
« Reply #101 on: January 18, 2015, 04:38:29 PM »
That hasn't stopped you from injecting it, in this thread.   Nor have you referenced how "stupid" Plane's point was.  Or are we to abide by your rules to debate, where you get to decide when tangents are allowed to be debated?      :o

Xavier_Onassis

• View Profile
  • Liked:
« Reply #102 on: January 19, 2015, 12:12:24 PM »
I think just saying that an idea is stupid is adequate. And I did not inject the topic of abortion, you did.

sirs

• View Profile
  • Liked:
« Reply #103 on: January 19, 2015, 12:25:21 PM »
You REALLY need to pay attention to what you post.  In particular post #12, to see who "injected abortion" into this thread.

So, no, not only are you aiming incorrectly with the stupid idea, since you applied it specifically to me, when I was simply acknowledging someone else's idea, demonstrating your ingrown effort to try and use me in your ineffectual attempt to discredit a point someone else made, you can't even recall that YOU injected a tangent, that you're now trying to wiggle away from.

Your rules for debate are quite screwy 

Xavier_Onassis

• View Profile
  • Liked:
« Reply #104 on: January 19, 2015, 12:59:10 PM »
Oh who cares?

Your foolish opinions on gay marriage are being washed away. 
Of course, the issues that you think are so tremendously crucial (abortion, gay marriage, guns, the use of rhetorical statements) are really minor matters in the progress of this country, mere distractions to the fact that a very teensy percentage of individuals are gaining more and more of the wealth of this country, and that the current capitalist system is unsustainable.