Author Topic: Bernie Protesters: "Hell No We Wont Vote For Hillary"  (Read 14575 times)

Plane

• View Profile
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 0
Re: Bernie Protesters: "Hell No We Wont Vote For Hillary"
« Reply #45 on: August 02, 2016, 10:39:36 PM »
  Does having White privilege mean that white people aren't ever broke?

I will certainly grant you that life in general is less convenient to the poor.
      But not that this effect is restricted to Minority persons.

sirs

• View Profile
  • Liked:
« Reply #46 on: August 03, 2016, 12:07:12 AM »
Sure wasn't restricted to my single mother and us 3 pale white children
"The worst form of inequality is to try to make unequal things equal." -- Aristotle

kimba1

• View Profile
  • Liked:
« Reply #47 on: August 03, 2016, 01:28:45 AM »
I think you proved my point if the concept of not able to pay for a id escapes you. I said personally in my youth it was difficult. If it wasn't for you than I'm living proof it was. $5 was a lot of money to me once

Plane

• View Profile
  • Liked:
« Reply #48 on: August 03, 2016, 05:08:31 AM »
I think you proved my point if the concept of not able to pay for a id escapes you. I said personally in my youth it was difficult. If it wasn't for you than I'm living proof it was. $5 was a lot of money to me once

I have been there.

Xavier_Onassis

• View Profile
  • Liked:
« Reply #49 on: August 03, 2016, 11:45:34 AM »
$5 plus the lack of a day's pay would be worse.\
Worse than that old poll tax from the Jim Crow days.
"Time flies like an arrow; fruit flies like a banana."

sirs

• View Profile
  • Liked:
« Reply #50 on: August 03, 2016, 01:02:29 PM »
And yet my Mom managed under both scenarios.  I guess it was because she was white.....right?
"The worst form of inequality is to try to make unequal things equal." -- Aristotle

kimba1

• View Profile
  • Liked:
« Reply #51 on: August 03, 2016, 01:29:58 PM »
But that does not mean everybody did. I said was very difficult to me at the beginning. It totally does not mean everybody else can without help. I did say ID should be free . Out of all the things our tax dollars pay for this should be the basic.

sirs

• View Profile
  • Liked:
« Reply #52 on: August 03, 2016, 02:43:53 PM »
But that does not mean everybody did.

Precisely.....my mother CHOSE to make the extra effort.  To get whatever help was needed, be it time off without pay, or .... whatever.  Everyone has the right to vote.  Not everyone exercises that right, for whatever reason.  Sometimes that reason is increased financial hardship.  And as such, I can completely sympathise with that situation, having lived it with my mother.  Yet my mother still managed to, which refutes the utter nonsense that voter ID laws are somehow racist by design

kimba1

• View Profile
  • Liked:
« Reply #53 on: August 03, 2016, 04:27:27 PM »
An id means access to social services so i really doubt they are choosing to not have a id.

sirs

• View Profile
  • Liked:
« Reply #54 on: August 03, 2016, 04:47:34 PM »
Point being, they do what they need to do to obtain a valid ID.....regardless of race

Plane

• View Profile
  • Liked:
« Reply #55 on: August 04, 2016, 05:04:36 AM »
But that does not mean everybody did. I said was very difficult to me at the beginning. It totally does not mean everybody else can without help. I did say ID should be free . Out of all the things our tax dollars pay for this should be the basic.

No objection.
An id means access to social services so i really doubt they are choosing to not have a id.

True , getting an ID to these people should be a higher priority than merely protecting the right of voting without ID.

Xavier_Onassis

• View Profile
  • Liked:
« Reply #56 on: August 04, 2016, 09:07:28 AM »
Whatever you think, the fact is that this requirement was determined by Republican legislatures, based on census and other 0data, to prevent people who normally vote for Democrats from voting. Voter impersonation is very rare and hardly a problem.
"Time flies like an arrow; fruit flies like a banana."

kimba1

• View Profile
  • Liked:
« Reply #57 on: August 04, 2016, 11:55:17 AM »
On our economic end it easy to say just get it but lately I know close people who are homeless and to me just to come up with that amount does not seem possible to me. Thiers a certain kind of change in mindset thats happens which makes thing even more difficult in thier lives. It's one of thr factors why it looks like they want to live like this.

sirs

• View Profile
  • Liked:
« Reply #58 on: August 04, 2016, 12:39:36 PM »
Good gravy....look at all these racist actions.  Looking forward to the left denouncing each and every one

kimba1

• View Profile
  • Liked:
« Reply #59 on: August 04, 2016, 03:22:53 PM »
Thats doesn't even counter a thing . Chart also points out all the other things needed for id.

Im just saying a people with extremely very limited economic resources may not be able to afford a valid id. And that group tend to stereotypically be minorities. I also said make id's free but never once said said the requirements different so with the exception of cost.

I did state i did came up with the money fir the id but stand my proposal to make it free due to the difficulty i once had. That list is so long i think it support id needs to be free of cost.