Author Topic: Bernie Protesters: "Hell No We Wont Vote For Hillary"  (Read 14576 times)

sirs

• View Profile
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 0
Re: Bernie Protesters: "Hell No We Wont Vote For Hillary"
« Reply #60 on: August 04, 2016, 05:14:38 PM »
Yes.....NEEDED.  voting is fundamental to the function of this country.   And contrary to popular lefist opinion, voter fraud is occurring country wide.  Report was just published here in CA, at the epidemic of dead people apparently voting.  That couldn't happen with a photo ID (unless you had an identical twin who had passed away)
"The worst form of inequality is to try to make unequal things equal." -- Aristotle

Plane

• View Profile
  • Liked:
« Reply #61 on: August 04, 2016, 06:09:08 PM »
Thats doesn't even counter a thing . Chart also points out all the other things needed for id.

Im just saying a people with extremely very limited economic resources may not be able to afford a valid id. And that group tend to stereotypically be minorities. I also said make id's free but never once said said the requirements different so with the exception of cost.

I did state i did came up with the money fir the id but stand my proposal to make it free due to the difficulty i once had. That list is so long i think it support id needs to be free of cost.

I totally agree.

The solution is getting IDs to those who need them.

Including those white guys who are trying to get off the grid in remote Idaho, you might have to bring an armed regiment to make them take the ID.

Why is it that"that group tend to stereotypically be minorities"?

I might like to hear that White people are never stupid , but I don't quite believe it.

kimba1

• View Profile
  • Liked:
« Reply #62 on: August 04, 2016, 07:15:40 PM »
Lol

Crazy stupid irony here I am talking about people too poor to get an id and just found out a bunch of my coworker got suspended for letting their guard cards lapse for a few years. By law thier not allowed to work . it's not about money. They get paid over $26 hr. I can't and won't defend this. Some even claim economic hardship. I'm not buying it

sirs

• View Profile
  • Liked:
« Reply #63 on: August 04, 2016, 09:32:48 PM »
Which goes back to my point of making choices.  This isn't one where the choice is one starves or one votes.  My Mom managed.  I have very little sympathy for others who claim it too hard financially, to get a bloody photo ID, when its required to do so many other things, including access to social services
"The worst form of inequality is to try to make unequal things equal." -- Aristotle

kimba1

• View Profile
  • Liked:
« Reply #64 on: August 05, 2016, 12:37:00 AM »
I don`t see as a counter for it still . also it still a worthy thing for our taxes to pay. it`s not a character builder.

sirs

• View Profile
  • Liked:
« Reply #65 on: August 05, 2016, 01:10:06 AM »
With all due respect, Kimba, having something subsidized by tax payers, isn't what I would consider "character building"

kimba1

• View Profile
  • Liked:
« Reply #66 on: August 05, 2016, 03:25:59 AM »
But would get the ball rolling and not have it used for an excuse. The preferance of obstacles to overcome is a very flawed system. We're talking about a government issue id not free money to the poor.

Plane

• View Profile
  • Liked:
« Reply #67 on: August 05, 2016, 05:24:02 AM »
But would get the ball rolling and not have it used for an excuse. The preferance of obstacles to overcome is a very flawed system. We're talking about a government issue id not free money to the poor.

meh

Making cheating easy is a bigger flaw.

kimba1

• View Profile
  • Liked:
« Reply #68 on: August 06, 2016, 04:00:21 AM »
Cheating? Im only talking about free id's nothing requirement to get a id's that never changed.
I Thought the idea that everyone doesn't have to pay for id would be popular but the notion that poor people get it free is the deal breaker. Wow

Plane

• View Profile
  • Liked:
« Reply #69 on: August 06, 2016, 04:20:08 AM »
Cheating? Im only talking about free id's nothing requirement to get a id's that never changed.
I Thought the idea that everyone doesn't have to pay for id would be popular but the notion that poor people get it free is the deal breaker. Wow

Backwards.

The free IDs are a great idea I would be firmly in favor.

The resulting loss of opportunity to cheat would make this idea unpopular with Democrats.

Xavier_Onassis

• View Profile
  • Liked:
« Reply #70 on: August 06, 2016, 08:38:42 AM »
They will not make ID's free. Maybe you think they will, but that won't happen. I would favor it, but they would have to be free even if stolen, and all changes of address would also have to be free and simple as well.

The rightwingers have always been against a national ID card, like what is called a carnet or cedula. They would not go for this.
Again, this is an issue designed to PREVENT specific people (ones who are perceived as belonging to a group that votes for Democrats) from voting. If you refuse to recognize this, then you are just being silly.
"Time flies like an arrow; fruit flies like a banana."

sirs

• View Profile
  • Liked:
« Reply #71 on: August 06, 2016, 10:40:07 AM »
Naaa....being silly is making this about something its not (the flawed concept that its supposed to be some racist endeavor to keep blacks from voting), and ignoring what its solely about (impeding the effort at voter fraud)
« Last Edit: August 07, 2016, 05:14:23 PM by sirs »

Plane

• View Profile
  • Liked:
« Reply #72 on: August 07, 2016, 04:34:17 PM »

Again, this is an issue designed to PREVENT specific people (ones who are perceived as belonging to a group that votes for Democrats) from voting. If you refuse to recognize this, then you are just being silly.

I think it silly for you to call black people stupid.

But I don't know how I could stop you.

If IDs are easier to get  then the stupid white people will get them too.

I suppose there are many fewer stupid white people , if this situation is as you maintain.

But the stupid must vote .

Xavier_Onassis

• View Profile
  • Liked:
« Reply #73 on: August 07, 2016, 08:42:43 PM »
People who share the same economic status tend to vote the same way. be they Black or White.  I did not say anyone was stupid.
But there are people who vote against their interests: Teabaggers (lumpenproletarians) do this because it makes them feel superior to Blacks and to people they consider to be 'trailer trash". Trump rallies are replete with such dipshits.
"Time flies like an arrow; fruit flies like a banana."

sirs

• View Profile
  • Liked:
« Reply #74 on: August 07, 2016, 09:08:58 PM »
So hysterical coming from you.  It's literally a completely accurate description of liberal guilt mind think.  Especially with the superior than thou reference.   Brilliant