Author Topic: Norway  (Read 9395 times)

kimba1

• View Profile
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 0
Re: Norway
« Reply #60 on: July 28, 2011, 12:05:59 PM »
I still remember one movie he was buried in his truck and he poured beer on himself to wake up and drove out of the ground .he was a texas ranger in that movie long before walker

Xavier_Onassis

• View Profile
  • Liked:
« Reply #61 on: July 28, 2011, 02:04:48 PM »
Chuck Norris was not that bad as an actor, but he acted in a huge number of very silly films which were credible only to the preteen boys on the short bus.

Because he had a box office draw, he was typecast as a hero of moronic macho movies, possibly the shortest guy ever chosen to do so.

Bruce Lee was also short, but Chinese are not expected to be tall. In kung fu films, the really big guys tend to be mindless goon accomplices of the bad guys, at least in the films I have seen.
"Time flies like an arrow; fruit flies like a banana."

Kramer

• Repeal ObamaCare
    • View Profile
  • Liked:
« Reply #62 on: July 28, 2011, 05:19:21 PM »
Chuck Norris was not that bad as an actor, but he acted in a huge number of very silly films which were credible only to the preteen boys on the short bus.

Because he had a box office draw, he was typecast as a hero of moronic macho movies, possibly the shortest guy ever chosen to do so.

Bruce Lee was also short, but Chinese are not expected to be tall. In kung fu films, the really big guys tend to be mindless goon accomplices of the bad guys, at least in the films I have seen.

guess you never heard of Micky Rooney.
ya big dummy

http://movies.netflix.com/WiMovie/Ambush_Bay/70023256?trkid=2361637

Amianthus

• Bring on the flames...
    • View Profile
    • Mario's Home Page
  • Liked:
« Reply #63 on: July 28, 2011, 06:20:47 PM »

5' 10" - I can think of lots of action stars that are shorter than he is. Sly Stallone, Tom Cruise, Johnny Depp, Mel Gibson are all shorter than he is.
Do not anticipate trouble, or worry about what may never happen. Keep in the sunlight. (Benjamin Franklin)

Plane

• View Profile
  • Liked:
« Reply #64 on: July 28, 2011, 09:47:11 PM »
If every person who owned a gun that could carry it around with him all the time were to do so, I am pretty sure that a lot more people would get shot.

That is the assumption that I have in reverse.

I have heard several times of a mad gunman seeking a campus or a post office or somewhere elese that forbids the ordinary people to be armed.

Does anyone know of an instance when a mad gunman sought out a hunting camp , maybe a gun show?

Kramer

• Repeal ObamaCare
    • View Profile
  • Liked:
« Reply #65 on: July 28, 2011, 10:10:16 PM »
If every person who owned a gun that could carry it around with him all the time were to do so, I am pretty sure that a lot more people would get shot.

I have heard several times of a mad gunman seeking a campus or a post office or somewhere elese that forbids the ordinary people to be armed.

Does anyone know of an instance when a mad gunman sought out a hunting camp , maybe a gun show?

who in their right mind would stick up a gun shop?

Xavier_Onassis

• View Profile
  • Liked:
« Reply #66 on: July 28, 2011, 11:50:52 PM »
What I meant was a lot of people with short tempers are a lot more threatening if they are armed. I said nothing about any gun shop or gun show.

Kramer

• Repeal ObamaCare
    • View Profile
  • Liked:
« Reply #67 on: July 29, 2011, 12:27:43 AM »
What I meant was a lot of people with short tempers are a lot more threatening if they are armed. I said nothing about any gun shop or gun show.

you are forever putting words in my mouth.

kimba1

• View Profile
  • Liked:
« Reply #68 on: July 29, 2011, 01:21:20 AM »
Not sure this is a good example.
A lone Hmong hunter wiped out a hunting group by himself.but since he's by himself I'm pretty sure it's self defense.

Plane

• View Profile
  • Liked:
« Reply #69 on: July 29, 2011, 04:33:41 AM »
Not sure this is a good example.
A lone Hmong hunter wiped out a hunting group by himself.but since he's by himself I'm pretty sure it's self defense.

I remember that, pretty unusual case.

Last time I went to a hunting camp we all had rifles and the casualty rate was zero.
       Amazeing eh?

kimba1

• View Profile
  • Liked:
« Reply #70 on: July 29, 2011, 07:25:28 AM »
this remind me of a stocktan man who set his car on fire and went to a grade school to shoot up vietnamese children and shoot himself afterwards. they found in his apartment wall the words "death to satin". I`m spelling it correctly

it was in the 80`s

Xavier_Onassis

• View Profile
  • Liked:
« Reply #71 on: July 29, 2011, 01:15:07 PM »
Death to satin.

He was apparently confused about the origins of satin (which does not, to my knowledge, normally come from Vietnam) or the fact that Satan is spelled with two a's and Satan was apparently created as a creature whose lifespan is entirely controlled by God according to some rather complicated prophesies.

Satan started out as a talking reptile who apparently walked erect and was capable of convincing at least one woman to make an extremely poor culinary choice. Satan's demise is stipulated in the Book of Revelation, in which Jesus returns, rules the Earth in harmony for 1000 years (which I surmise have not yet occurred) and then turns it all over to Satan, who makes a mess of things and is destroyed. Why he needs to be put in charge seems illogical, but like the rest of the Book of Revelation, makes no sense.

The connection between the fabric and/or the murder of Vietnamese children seems to me to be extremely tenuous.

It is a tossup whether this guy or the Book of Revelation is nuttier, but only one has been certified by the Church as Holy Writ.

Plane

• View Profile
  • Liked:
« Reply #72 on: July 29, 2011, 08:50:23 PM »
  Reguardless of the reason that a nut might cite.

It would always be better for the nut not to be the best armed around.

Plane

• View Profile
  • Liked:
« Reply #73 on: July 29, 2011, 09:11:51 PM »

who in their right mind would stick up a gun shop?

Right mind doesn't apply for these mad shooters, but most of them seem canny enough to make it to an unarmed croud.
     I have seen a "No Guns Allowed" sign posted in the post office, I wonder if even one shooting has ever been prevented this way?

kimba1

• View Profile
  • Liked:
« Reply #74 on: July 30, 2011, 10:02:18 AM »
I just googled it and got nothing.

it was pretty much assumed the guy was just a bad speller and thought killing vietnamese children was a good idea.