Author Topic: transgender BS  (Read 21349 times)

Xavier_Onassis

• View Profile
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 0
Re: transgender BS
« Reply #105 on: April 13, 2016, 02:05:30 PM »
This would be because this law is perceived to ba a haters' law and corporations do not want to be blacklisted or boycotted. People that buy  music are intolerant of intolerance.
"Time flies like an arrow; fruit flies like a banana."

Plane

• View Profile
  • Liked:
« Reply #106 on: April 13, 2016, 03:07:55 PM »
  That must be like being a Goose allergic to down.

sirs

• View Profile
  • Liked:
« Reply #107 on: April 13, 2016, 03:11:03 PM »
This would be because this law is perceived to ba a haters' law and corporations do not want to be blacklisted or boycotted. People that buy  music are intolerant of intolerance.

It's only perceived that way by those who can't tolerate anything that goes against their predominant pathological political correctness.  To the rational minded its simply that guys are to go into the guys room, and girls are to go into the girls room.....period.  The notion we actually need a law to make that clear is the real story
« Last Edit: April 13, 2016, 11:30:51 PM by sirs »
"The worst form of inequality is to try to make unequal things equal." -- Aristotle

Christians4LessGvt

• View Profile
    • "The Religion Of Peace"
  • Liked:
« Reply #108 on: April 13, 2016, 03:12:52 PM »
oh boy!

"Mr. Gorbachev, tear down this wall!" - Ronald Reagan - June 12, 1987

sirs

• View Profile
  • Liked:
« Reply #109 on: April 13, 2016, 03:16:01 PM »
  That must be like being a Goose allergic to down.

So...with China on the verge of outlawing gay marriage, is the Obama administration about to stop all trade with China?  Are our entertainment performers cancelling all their pending shows in China?

Or is it just easier to try and bully a small state?
"The worst form of inequality is to try to make unequal things equal." -- Aristotle

Xavier_Onassis

• View Profile
  • Liked:
« Reply #110 on: April 13, 2016, 07:02:22 PM »
I don't think the US will bully anyone over this.  Eventually, gay marriage will be legal everywhere

sirs

• View Profile
  • Liked:
« Reply #111 on: April 13, 2016, 07:45:03 PM »
Oh, you think China will quake in its boots, and acquiesce to gay marriage. if the Boss doesn't play another version of Born in the USA, in Beijing?  Or more so, which entertainers are lining up to boycott playing in China, for that matter?

Plane

• View Profile
  • Liked:
« Reply #112 on: April 13, 2016, 10:48:43 PM »
China being the government it has, Gay Marriage could become mandated if it solved a problem.

Xavier_Onassis

• View Profile
  • Liked:
« Reply #113 on: April 14, 2016, 12:49:51 PM »
The Chinese are pragmatic.  They are not Christians, and there are not the religious objections to gays that exist in the West. The Chinese are acting according to traditions. But traditions change in China and can change abruptly, as at the time of the Cultural Revolution and after Mao's death.

Bruce Springsteen has no effect on China, just as Chinese Opera has no effect in the US.

Again, over a gradual andf probably long process, I think gays and gay marriage will be accepted worldwide. It might take centuries.

But,happen it will.

sirs

• View Profile
  • Liked:
« Reply #114 on: April 14, 2016, 01:30:11 PM »
The Chinese are pragmatic.  They are not Christians, and there are not the religious objections to gays that exist in the West. The Chinese are acting according to traditions.

What the hell is Christianity if not based on tradition??  So, its ok for China to pass laws against gay marriage, because it "goes against their tradition" (which incidentally, is religious based), but we're going to tar and feather states like North Carolina

Bruce Springsteen has no effect on China, just as Chinese Opera has no effect in the US.

China imports have a direct effect on our economy, just as entertainers and Hollywood have on the economy of a small state like NC.  But there's no need to boycott anything Chinese, you're saying?  Too big to fail?

Xavier_Onassis

• View Profile
  • Liked:
« Reply #115 on: April 14, 2016, 01:45:47 PM »
Tradition is not the same as religion.
Tradition is doing what the grandparents did because that is the way they have always done it. Like lighting candles.

Religion is based on direction from a spirit world.

The Gods did not tell the Chinese to oppress gays, or to prohibit them from marriage.
Gay couples do not fit into small village life because they do not reproduce.
In the cities, gays have a clear place in a variety of occupations.

I would not expect the US to boycott China for any reason. Too much money to be made.

The North Carolina governor and legislature passed this idiotic and unenforceable law just to get the support of the fundies, of whicvh NC has many.
I could declare that I will boycott NC, which is sort pf true, because I do not expect to go there this tyear, but then, I have never visited NC, I have only passed through

The last time was when I drove a U Haul from MD to FL. I-95 at that time was not finished around some hick town called Lumberton, so we had to get off the highway and drive through the town.  Right there at the compulsory exit was a huge billboard with the legend UNITED KLANS OF NORTH CAROLINA WELCOME YOU TO LUMBERTON! It had three hooded  figures and a burning cross illustrated over this welcome.

The sons and grandsons of the yokels who put up that sign elected Jesse Helmns to the Senate and surely will turn out because their fellow yokels in the Legislature -Republican'ts all-- passed this idiotic law.

sirs

• View Profile
  • Liked:
« Reply #116 on: April 14, 2016, 02:04:51 PM »
Tradition is not the same as religion.

Religion IS BASED ON Tradition.  It's just entertaining to see how China gets a pass in its anti-gay marriage legislation, applied thru-out its country, but NC gets condemned.  Like I said, its easier to bully a small state than a country we have some much riding on financially

Xavier_Onassis

• View Profile
  • Liked:
« Reply #117 on: April 14, 2016, 02:46:41 PM »
Religion may be based on tradition, but it involves being punished by an all-seeing, all knowing vindictive deity. In China such a deity is not thought to exist.

I do not favor boycotting China for being anti-gay. That would be ineffective and dumb.

Nonetheless, I am certain that eventually gay marriage will be accepted nearly everywhere.

Acceptance of gays is an urban thing. The more urban and less rural a society is, the more gays are accepted.

I have no personal attachment to gay rights. I can simply identify trends in what is happening.

sirs

• View Profile
  • Liked:
« Reply #118 on: April 14, 2016, 05:30:03 PM »
Religion may be based on tradition, ....

...despite you claiming it didn't.  Thank you for correcting your error

I do not favor boycotting China for being anti-gay. That would be ineffective and dumb.

Again, making my point....so much easier to bully a small state, despite China being the far more egregious in its anti-gay legislation. 

« Last Edit: April 15, 2016, 01:49:27 AM by sirs »

Plane

• View Profile
  • Liked:
« Reply #119 on: April 15, 2016, 12:57:02 AM »
  Another example of Urban life being bad for people.

I have been thinking that it is strange that some people believe in evolution and also believe that homosexuality is harmless.

In evolutionary terms , seems it would qualify as an unfit flaw.