Author Topic: conservatives react to Palin  (Read 11117 times)

Plane

• View Profile
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 0
Re: conservatives react to Palin
« Reply #60 on: August 31, 2008, 11:58:34 AM »
Biden's son is deploying this month.

Palin's son in October.

Webb's son was there.

McCain's son has served.

You are on a roll for being wrong.
======================================================
No, I knew you were going to raise those examples - - you fell right into the trap - - their rarity only proves the truth of what I am saying.  Hundreds of Congressmen, a group of serving sons I can count on the fingers of one hand.  Thanks, sucker.  And thanks to Little Sir Echo, too.

If it is so rare , how did it become so common with Presidental canadates?

Cynthia

« Reply #61 on: August 31, 2008, 12:27:42 PM »
Obama deserves to be the next president of the United States.

Is it his birthright?

Is he entitled?

Will it be a gross injustice if he loses?

Obama does not DESERVE to be president.

Neither does McCain.

The person who DESERVES to be president is the one who wins.

I believe in my opinion, BT, that Obama/Biden deserve to lead this country for at LEAST four years.

Point on point in my opinion...

yes

no

Sure he does

Sure HE does to some folks

but in my opinion the person who deserves to be president is Obama.

« Last Edit: August 31, 2008, 12:30:58 PM by Cindy »

Michael Tee

• View Profile
  • Liked:
« Reply #62 on: August 31, 2008, 12:32:16 PM »
<<If it is so rare , how did it become so common with Presidental canadates?>>

I never said it was rare for Presidential candidates, I said that it was extremely rare for the sons and daughters of Congressmen.  And I stand by that; and the few exceptions, which I can count on the fingers of one hand, prove that I'm right.

Plane

• View Profile
  • Liked:
« Reply #63 on: August 31, 2008, 12:36:07 PM »
Obama deserves to be the next president of the United States.

Is it his birthright?

Is he entitled?

Will it be a gross injustice if he loses?

Obama does not DESERVE to be president.

Neither does McCain.

The person who DESERVES to be president is the one who wins.

I believe in my opinion, BT, that Obama/Biden deserve to lead this country for at LEAST four years.

Point on point in my opinion...

yes

no

Sure he does

Sure HE does to some folks

but in my opinion the person who deserves to be president is Obama.

What the Presidential canadate deserves is of no consequence , elese I would argue that McCains suffering in service of the country make him deserveing.

But I do not , what the canadate deseerves is very much less important than what the need of the Nation is.

However much the canadate deserves the question must be asked , which one is the best one for us the US?
And the answer to that question is the primary answer.

Plane

• View Profile
  • Liked:
« Reply #64 on: August 31, 2008, 12:39:55 PM »
<<If it is so rare , how did it become so common with Presidental canadates?>>

I never said it was rare for Presidential candidates, I said that it was extremely rare for the sons and daughters of Congressmen.  And I stand by that; and the few exceptions, which I can count on the fingers of one hand, prove that I'm right.

How much diffrence does this make in the Presidential race then?

The Republican Main and Veep have direct concern with a serviceman in the family , the Democrats picked a Veep with this strong connection.

Pretty good on both.

Michael Tee

• View Profile
  • Liked:
« Reply #65 on: August 31, 2008, 12:43:47 PM »

The Republican Main and Veep have direct concern with a serviceman in the family , the Democrats picked a Veep with this strong connection.

Pretty good on both.

===================================================

Yeah, keep in mind this whole discussion on serving sons came about only incidentally, because I was anwering a question from you about who would join an Imperial American Army, and I mentioned various classes who WOULDN'T, one of which happened to be Congressmen's kids.  It wasn't mentioned in the context of candidates for election.

BT

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • DebateGate
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 3
« Reply #66 on: August 31, 2008, 02:01:57 PM »
define "deserves".

One of us is misusing the meaning or misunderstanding the other.

Back when the Buffulo Bills were going to the superbowl every other year and coming away empty handed by the fourth time around many said they deserved to win because they had been there so many times.

What nonsense. The team that deserves to win is the team that scores the most points.

Presidential elections are not so different.

Plane

• View Profile
  • Liked:
« Reply #67 on: August 31, 2008, 07:16:23 PM »

Pretty good on both.

===================================================

Yeah, keep in mind this whole discussion on serving sons came about only incidentally, because I was anwering a question from you about who would join an Imperial American Army, and I mentioned various classes who WOULDN'T, one of which happened to be Congressmen's kids.  It wasn't mentioned in the context of candidates for election.

We do not have a class that would.

Cynthia

« Reply #68 on: September 01, 2008, 01:19:22 AM »
define "deserves".

One of us is misusing the meaning or misunderstanding the other.

Back when the Buffulo Bills were going to the superbowl every other year and coming away empty handed by the fourth time around many said they deserved to win because they had been there so many times.

What nonsense. The team that deserves to win is the team that scores the most points.

Presidential elections are not so different.

'

Come on BT.....the point is this;

I am saying that Obama deserves to win based on MY O P I N I ON!!!!!

IMO

imo

IN my O

i MY op
IMopywan kanopee....

= ;D

I have every right to believe that he deserves to win the presidency of the United STates of this America if I chose to say so.

I do believe that he deserves to win.

Period.

You already know why.

BT

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • DebateGate
  • Liked:
« Reply #69 on: September 01, 2008, 01:36:28 AM »
Come on Cindy

In your Opinion

In Your Opinion

In Your Opinion

I get that you believe that he is the better candidate

I get that you will probably vote for him.

I get that you WANT him to win.

But i still fail to see why he deserves to win, why he is entitled to win , because in my OPINION those terms are synonymous.

Plane

• View Profile
  • Liked:
« Reply #70 on: September 01, 2008, 01:42:51 AM »
De gustibus non disputatum.

But if you want to be persursuasive , you have to be able to say why.

Cynthia

« Reply #71 on: September 01, 2008, 02:06:06 PM »
Come on Cindy

In your Opinion

In Your Opinion

In Your Opinion

I get that you believe that he is the better candidate

I get that you will probably vote for him.

I get that you WANT him to win.

But i still fail to see why he deserves to win, why he is entitled to win , because in my OPINION those terms are synonymous.

In my opinion, I believe that Obama deserves to win more so than McCain.

He deserves to win IMO because he stands for the points closet to my heart. Education being number one, which impacts children's futures, which impacts all Americans in the long run. The status quo of the NCLB act is not working as it should. He knows that. He has more awareness of the broken pieces than McCain. So, for that reason, alone, I feel that Obama deserves to win for the child's sake.

BT

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • DebateGate
  • Liked:
« Reply #72 on: September 01, 2008, 02:11:13 PM »
He deserves to win IMO because he stands for the points closet to my heart.

Again. Define deserves.

I have no problem with you saying that Obama meets more of your selection criteria than McCain although i'm curious why you put NCLB ahead of the abortion issue. I thought you said in a previous post that that was KEY.

I do have a problem with Obama being entitled to win because he meets your selection criteria.

Cynthia

« Reply #73 on: September 01, 2008, 02:25:28 PM »
He deserves to win IMO because he stands for the points closet to my heart.

Again. Define deserves.

I have no problem with you saying that Obama meets more of your selection criteria than McCain although i'm curious why you put NCLB ahead of the abortion issue. I thought you said in a previous post that that was KEY.

I do have a problem with Obama being entitled to win because he meets your selection criteria.

THat was a difficult choice to make, BT. It is one of the KEYs. It is. But, the nation's children, and our own future is at stake. We can not continue providing only three subject areas reading writing and math to millions of children. There is so much more to a quality education. If McCain mentions even once that he understands the broken act needs tweaked...he's probably going to be looking pretty good to me, as well. It's a tough one for me. But, for now the children DESERVE more.

In my opinion, Obama deserves to win because of his background. He is the first black male to run for president of the USA. Of course in that way, I feel he deserves to win. Who wouldn't feel that way. Obama deserves to win. You are entitled to your opinion about the word deserves.

In many ways, Obama is the 21st century's "Mr. Smith Goes to Washington" candidate, in my opinion. Why not say a man deserves to be president? He deserves it more so than McCain, imo. Obama has in some ways worked harder for it than McCain, who lost the first time around to Bush. Seems that McCain did not have the ability to do it the first time around. How can anyone say that HE deserves a second chance?  I am for the candidate who will bring a fresh approach to our country. Look how things have turned out for 8 years? Gas prices, war, education? Under Bush, the abortions just keep on keepin on, BT. So how will that really change under McCain, who is not nearly as "right" as Bush.

« Last Edit: September 01, 2008, 02:29:52 PM by Cindy »

Amianthus

• Bring on the flames...
    • View Profile
    • Mario's Home Page
  • Liked:
« Reply #74 on: September 01, 2008, 02:40:15 PM »
If McCain mentions even once that he understands the broken act needs tweaked...he's probably going to be looking pretty good to me, as well. It's a tough one for me. But, for now the children DESERVE more.

Perhaps you should up on it.

http://www.johnmccain.com/Informing/Issues/19ce50b5-daa8-4795-b92d-92bd0d985bca.htm
Do not anticipate trouble, or worry about what may never happen. Keep in the sunlight. (Benjamin Franklin)