Author Topic: since we`re talking about slavery  (Read 2921 times)

Plane

• View Profile
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 0
Re: since we`re talking about slavery
« Reply #45 on: March 15, 2012, 10:44:39 PM »
I never claimed to be God.

I simply said that i don't see where a woman has less rights over control of  her body than a man.

But its all an illusion anyway. When has anyone been prosecuted for obtaining an abortion after viability kicks in.

More people have been incarcerated for mistreating dogs.

This depends totally on the assumption that there is not a person destroyed in an abortion.

Something that cannot be demonstrated.

This is not just a slippery slope on whch anyones rights can be denyed by being the wrong age to be considered human, it is the bottom of a slope we have already slid down at which it is nothing special to be human at all and there is no more reason to protect a boy than a dog.

There are a brace of good reasons to stop considering a person a fully fledged human being once thay get too old, Why not euthenise everyone older than a certain threshhold just as eaqsily as we do anyone younger than a certain threshhold?

BT

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • DebateGate
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 3
« Reply #46 on: March 16, 2012, 12:39:23 AM »
Slippery slope arguments are nice, but they do little to explain why a woman does not have legal ownership of her own body especially during the pre-viability stages of her pregnancy. Is it a fallacy that they are legally equal to a man?

Plane

• View Profile
  • Liked:
« Reply #47 on: March 16, 2012, 12:55:49 AM »
How do men own their bodies any more than women do?

As a man do I have a right to kill my children that women don't?

We havent had a draft lately but I don't think that the government has renounced the right.

If I father a child, have I a right to decide whether or not it should live? or whether I shall provide for it?

If ,as things stand, women have a greater right to determine the outcome of reproductive effort, should I be griping about the inequality?

Xavier_Onassis

• View Profile
  • Liked:
« Reply #48 on: March 16, 2012, 01:20:45 AM »
I also approve of your right to an abortion if you become pregnant.

Really, stop playing stupid.

I have explained in detail what I believe dozens of times.y mind ios made up, I will not change it.

I do not care if you disapprove.

I do not give a shit, really I don't.

"Time flies like an arrow; fruit flies like a banana."

Plane

• View Profile
  • Liked:
« Reply #49 on: March 16, 2012, 03:34:25 AM »
I also approve of your right to an abortion if you become pregnant.

Really, stop playing stupid.

I have explained in detail what I believe dozens of times.y mind ios made up, I will not change it.

I do not care if you disapprove.

I do not give a shit, really I don't.

I have already told you that I am not trying to convert you.

Since being unreasoning is your cheif argument that would be very unrealistic.

But I think we can call it resolved that a fetus is alive untill an abortion, and that giving it rights at the point that it is born is arbitrary.

This ties directly to the Dred Scott case in that Mr.Scotts being a rightfull citizen depended on arbitary things that had nothing really to do with his humanity.

The things that make a Fetus not a human are not of any greater consequence than Mr. Scotts skin pigmentation, unfortunately not of any less consequence either.

I am satisfied with the corse of this argument , I think you held up your end quite well , I didn't expect any better at all becaus I consider it impossible to make a rational case for assuming a human of a particular type need not have rights.

Thank you XO, thank you too BT. We are all right back where we started , but after a pretty good tussle.

Next topic.