Author Topic: conservatives react to Palin  (Read 11095 times)

Kramer

• Repeal ObamaCare
    • View Profile
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 0
Re: conservatives react to Palin
« Reply #30 on: August 29, 2008, 11:13:41 PM »
<<Obama looks tired and seems depressed about Sarah Palin. He looks like Bambi in the headlights of a truck. Sorry know-it-all Mikey but you are wrong and I'm right about Palin. Don't forget I picked her about a month ago....>>

So how do you think a security-obsessed voter who picked McCain because he was best qualified to be commander in chief is gonna feel about the prospects of Palin becoming C-in-C if anything happens to McCain?

You mean compared to Obama -- no brainer this women makes Obama look like a scared little boy. I mean really look at Obama he looks tired, demoralized and somewhat scared of what just hit him between the eyes. Do you think he would have picked Biden if he knew McCain was going to pick Palin?

Cynthia

« Reply #31 on: August 29, 2008, 11:32:33 PM »
So how do you think a security-obsessed voter who picked McCain because he was best qualified to be commander in chief is gonna feel about the prospects of Palin becoming C-in-C if anything happens to McCain?

They'll be fine with it. She's a woman and security is high on the agenda for women.

She has a reputation for taking on the entrenched interests. I don't think she will be perceived as one who will blink first. Hillary would have been better than Obama on security too. She was tough. She just had high negatives. And Bill didn't help her any on the trail.

Obama already has a reputation for when things get tense of throwing former allies under the bus.

Back to Palin, as VP she'll have a seat on the NSC. She'll be brought up to speed quick enough.
She is also well versed in energy independence, which in many voters minds is a huge security issue,  running pipelines from the North Slope and leading the way in converting the govt fleet to natural gas

Remember Truman was clueless when he was selected, most American's think he did OK, in retrospect. Of course Truman was selected to neuter Henry Wallace. FDR thought he was leaning too far to the left, wasn't he suspected of being a communist at one point?

Ah politics, the games within the games within the games.

To compare Sarah to Harry Truman doesn't seem to quite fit, BT.

But, I do agree that she is a tough politician.

I was impressed...but, impressions are only first glance gifts.

This country has to agree to disagree. Abortion/vs Pro life. NRA vs anti GUN. Taxes vs not to tax(es).

That's going to be the bottom line.

Money, how it's spent, why it's spent, priorities in regard to education, war and health are key points.

No amount of charisma or experience/male old/male young/white male/black male/white woman/ will help this nation until we find a point where we can get along. Just my personal take.

I like Sarah. I think she is the best woman politician to come down the Alaskan pike...>MY GOD, she's damn strong. BUt  would I vote for McCain because of her. Don't know. Part of me wants to see how she would handle the job as president if God forbid McCAin kicks the bucket.
Honestly, I am tempted to vote for McCain just to see a woman come close to leading this country. But it will only come down to issues that are fair and balanced for all. But, can we really ask for fairness for all? We want what we want.....

Bush's record ripped the trust to shreds in this country imo for 8 years.

A black man will be our new president, mark my words. HE deserves it. I hate to say that it's because he is black that he will get elected, but newness is freshness.....as is the case with Sarah Palin.

Policies have to be the reason we vote...... bottom line.

I am headed into retirement in five years. THE NCLB act is what it is. It needs adjustments. As an educator, I believe no matter who is elected into office, there will be corrections made in the educational system.

But, the bigger issue I believe to be on the docket is

Female rights.
Gay rights.
The rights of the unborn.
Taxes, Rich, vs waste for the poor

HEALTH CARE?

Those are critical issues. I would love to know how McCain and Palin plan to help the poor in this nation.

Obama has a plan, obviously. OR does he?

This is an historical election, indeed. But, we must not lose sight of the bottom line.

TO argue that we are safer since 9-11 is silly, imo.

We have lost our reputation in the world. We are in trillions of dollars in debt. My gosh.

Will McCain stop that spending rage?
« Last Edit: August 29, 2008, 11:37:46 PM by Cindy »

BT

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • DebateGate
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 3
« Reply #32 on: August 29, 2008, 11:45:12 PM »
Obama doesn't DESERVE to be president.

He can be president if he earns the people's trust and wins the majority of the electoral votes.

Cynthia

« Reply #33 on: August 29, 2008, 11:53:50 PM »
Obama doesn't DESERVE to be president.

He can be president if he earns the people's trust and wins the majority of the electoral votes.

Your opinion, BT>...that he doesn't deserve the position.

He will earn that place....and he will show that he deserved to be there, in the end...mark my words.

BT

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • DebateGate
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 3
« Reply #34 on: August 30, 2008, 12:04:50 AM »
If he earns it, he deserves it.
He hasn't, so he doesn't.
We will know if he earned it come november.
That's not an opinion, that is a fact.

Would he deserve to be president if he loses the election?
Not according to the voters whose opinion counts.

hnumpah

• You have another think coming. Use it.
    • View Profile
  • Liked:
« Reply #35 on: August 30, 2008, 12:20:43 AM »
Is ANYONE left, even of his most faithful followers, who is willing to believe that while Obama is unfit due to "inexperience" to assume command of the U.S. military, Miss Alaska (almost) who hasn't even served out a full term as Governor, IS fit?  McCain stoked the fires of fear, scared his followers with the prospect of the "inexperienced" Obama as C-in-C, psyched them to the point where they were convinced that only he (McCain) had the "experience" to provide the protection they so desperately needed, and then tells these thoroughly frightened people that if anything happens to him, they're in the good hands of Ms. Palin  Please.

Look on the bright side: if McBush croaks and the babe ends up in charge, and that call comes at three in the morning, she'll probably already be up feeding the baby or changing it's diaper.
"I love WikiLeaks." - Donald Trump, October 2016

Kramer

• Repeal ObamaCare
    • View Profile
  • Liked:
« Reply #36 on: August 30, 2008, 01:14:49 AM »
Is ANYONE left, even of his most faithful followers, who is willing to believe that while Obama is unfit due to "inexperience" to assume command of the U.S. military, Miss Alaska (almost) who hasn't even served out a full term as Governor, IS fit?  McCain stoked the fires of fear, scared his followers with the prospect of the "inexperienced" Obama as C-in-C, psyched them to the point where they were convinced that only he (McCain) had the "experience" to provide the protection they so desperately needed, and then tells these thoroughly frightened people that if anything happens to him, they're in the good hands of Ms. Palin  Please.

Look on the bright side: if McBush croaks and the babe ends up in charge, and that call comes at three in the morning, she'll probably already be up feeding the baby or changing it's diaper.

2008 stay at home dads

Cynthia

« Reply #37 on: August 30, 2008, 01:21:21 AM »
If he earns it, he deserves it.
He hasn't, so he doesn't.
We will know if he earned it come november.
That's not an opinion, that is a fact.

He will earn it. He does deserve it. No question about it. . . Opinion ?  Sure.  
He will win the election. The movement against the status quo leans in his direction.
He deserves to win more so than Hillary, or McCain. Obama has proven that he is capable to be the first African American to hit such a high mark in such a powerful arena.

Of course he deserves to win. He has already proven that he is better than a female whos husband was the president for eight years. She was a lead candidate for years....look at her now..

Obama will win. He has proven he deserves to win.

Wrong.

Remember what happened in Florida ....paper trail.....

He will be president. The times demand so.

However, Sarah just might find herself a presidential candidate in the next eight years.

What a time in which we live, and vote.
« Last Edit: August 30, 2008, 01:26:32 AM by Cindy »

Plane

• View Profile
  • Liked:
« Reply #38 on: August 30, 2008, 01:27:18 AM »

McCain's campaign rests on two primary emotions, hate and fear. 

Got a quote or otherwise an example of this?

Michael Tee

• View Profile
  • Liked:
« Reply #39 on: August 30, 2008, 01:52:09 AM »
<<Got a quote or otherwise an example of this?>>

Every time he or his surrogates talk about Obama's unfitness to be commander in chief, or McCain's fitness to be commander in chief, it's an appeal to fear.  All this talk of fitness or unfitness to be commander in chief is really saying, "If you vote for Obama, he can't protect you and your enemies will destroy you."  Hatred is in the racist ads, the most famous one being the bimbo ad, images of Obama and images of Paris Hilton.

It's pointless to look for quotes, these are emotional issues and the pitches are made in non-verbal ways - - even the most racist ads today can't use the N-word, so the Republicans have to find more subtle ways to get the message across.

Plane

• View Profile
  • Liked:
« Reply #40 on: August 30, 2008, 01:55:39 AM »

Every time he or his surrogates talk about Obama's unfitness to be commander in chief, or McCain's fitness to be commander in chief, it's an appeal to fear.  All this talk of fitness or unfitness to be commander in chief is really saying, "If you vote for Obama, he can't protect you and your enemies will destroy you."  Hatred is in the racist ads, the most famous one being the bimbo ad, images of Obama and images of Paris Hilton.

It's pointless to look for quotes, these are emotional issues and the pitches are made in non-verbal ways - - even the most racist ads today can't use the N-word, so the Republicans have to find more subtle ways to get the message across.

I have a Quote now ,it is from you.

Kramer

• Repeal ObamaCare
    • View Profile
  • Liked:
« Reply #41 on: August 30, 2008, 01:56:46 AM »

What is one mans fear is another mans security. Mikey you fear freedom,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,

Michael Tee

• View Profile
  • Liked:
« Reply #42 on: August 30, 2008, 02:30:07 AM »
<<What is one mans fear is another mans security. >> 

You're just playing with words, Kramer.  The basic emotion behind a craving for security is fear.  If you're not afraid of anything you don't need any security.

McCain's campaign is based on the need for an "experienced" (therefore strong) Commander-in-Chief; and conversely the need to avoid getting an "inexperienced" (i.e., weak) C-in-C.  If this were a war on elephants or a war on Bad Breath, nobody in his right mind would give a shit who the Commander in Chief was or how experienced or inexperienced he was.  The only reason the voters are supposed to care about this is because "terrorists" are a mortal danger to Americans and their families.  A strong comander in chief will "defeat" the "terrorists" and prevent them from hurting you.  A weak commander in chief will NOT defeat the "terrorists," which leaves you and your family vulnerable.

McCain's campaign is that he'll be a good commander-in-chief and Obama won't.  So he can protect you and your family and Obama can't.  So - - you're protected if most of you vote for McCain and you're not protected if most of you vote for Obama. 

Now you can call that an appeal to "security" if you like, but "security" is not a basic emotion.  The basic emotion behind the need for security is FEAR.  When McCain says he can keep you safe as C-in-C, but Obama can't, that is appealing directly to the voters' FEAR.   Vote for Obama and the incompetent schmuck will allow the "terrorists" to overrun the country, poisoning the food supplies, blowing up the school buses, pissing in the wells.  We're all fucked.  Vote for McCain and the "war hero" will take charge of the army, turn them on the "terrorists" and whip their ass forever and we'll all live happily ever after.  It's really a no-brainer.  You wanna die with your family in a "terrorist" explosion or wouldja rather go out for ice cream with your family without ever having to even think about bombings?  THAT is what I meant when I said that McCain's campaign is based on fear.

Plane

• View Profile
  • Liked:
« Reply #43 on: August 30, 2008, 02:35:41 AM »
<<What is one mans fear is another mans security. >> 

You're just playing with words, Kramer.  The basic emotion behind a craving for security is fear.  If you're not afraid of anything you don't need any security.

McCain's campaign is based on the need for an "experienced" (therefore strong) Commander-in-Chief; and conversely the need to avoid getting an "inexperienced" (i.e., weak) C-in-C.  If this were a war on elephants or a war on Bad Breath, nobody in his right mind would give a shit who the Commander in Chief was or how experienced or inexperienced he was.  The only reason the voters are supposed to care about this is because "terrorists" are a mortal danger to Americans and their families.  A strong comander in chief will "defeat" the "terrorists" and prevent them from hurting you.  A weak commander in chief will NOT defeat the "terrorists," which leaves you and your family vulnerable.

McCain's campaign is that he'll be a good commander-in-chief and Obama won't.  So he can protect you and your family and Obama can't.  So - - you're protected if most of you vote for McCain and you're not protected if most of you vote for Obama. 

Now you can call that an appeal to "security" if you like, but "security" is not a basic emotion.  The basic emotion behind the need for security is FEAR.  When McCain says he can keep you safe as C-in-C, but Obama can't, that is appealing directly to the voters' FEAR.   Vote for Obama and the incompetent schmuck will allow the "terrorists" to overrun the country, poisoning the food supplies, blowing up the school buses, pissing in the wells.  We're all fucked.  Vote for McCain and the "war hero" will take charge of the army, turn them on the "terrorists" and whip their ass forever and we'll all live happily ever after.  It's really a no-brainer.  You wanna die with your family in a "terrorist" explosion or wouldja rather go out for ice cream with your family without ever having to even think about bombings?  THAT is what I meant when I said that McCain's campaign is based on fear.

Cool quotes for me to use about Putin and the Fearfull Russians.

Religious Dick

• Drunk, drunk, drunk in the gardens and the graves
    • View Profile
  • Liked:
« Reply #44 on: August 30, 2008, 02:37:10 AM »

Is ANYONE left, even of his most faithful followers, who is willing to believe that while Obama is unfit due to "inexperience" to assume command of the U.S. military, Miss Alaska (almost) who hasn't even served out a full term as Governor, IS fit?  McCain stoked the fires of fear, scared his followers with the prospect of the "inexperienced" Obama as C-in-C, psyched them to the point where they were convinced that only he (McCain) had the "experience" to provide the protection they so desperately needed, and then tells these thoroughly frightened people that if anything happens to him, they're in the good hands of Ms. Palin???  Please.

Long and short of it:  McCain blew it.

I'd point out that almost Miss Alaska is a state governor. On the strength of that, she has more executive experience than Messrs. Obama, Biden and McCain put together.
I speak of civil, social man under law, and no other.
-Sir Edmund Burke