Author Topic: Just thinking......(and completely non-political)  (Read 3778 times)

sirs

• View Profile
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 0
Just thinking......(and completely non-political)
« on: September 01, 2010, 11:51:18 AM »
We seen the level of postings and posters progressively decline.  Xo, is largely the last remnant of the left that frequents the saloon.  We've heard stories that its because the debate here has significantly declined, as the primary reason.  That people are "run off" by the personal attacks

I can't accept that.

I have been a LONG time member of both the Saloon, and the PIC cafe before.  I can recall vividly the many flame wars that went on back then.  I myself was far more partisan as well.  We had more quality, because we simply had more posters.  So, the excuse that the Saloon has become dilapidated holds no water.  Bt has run an exceptional saloon here, giving a place for folks to vent as well as debate.  It's up to the posters to provide the level of debate they wish to engage in.  And its up to the posters to want to provide such engagement.  If life is pushing them along, and time is no longer a luxury to spend in providing such quality, that's a legitimate rationale.  I could go into the political reasons I think the opinions have waned as well, but I said from the onset, that this wouldn't be a political commentary

So, I look forward to reading those who do post, while the saloon remains open, and respond as I see fit, and have the time to do so.  I'll cherish any postings we get from Miss Kim, Miss Henny, or Miss De.  I look forward to reading any postings we get from Pooch & Pooch Jr.  But I will keep frequenting the saloon, while it remains open.  It's an enjoyable place to come, and still provides the proper environment to debate issues past, present, and future.  Maybe some folks will suddenly find a little more time in their lives, to do the same.  Here's hoping so
"The worst form of inequality is to try to make unequal things equal." -- Aristotle

Christians4LessGvt

• View Profile
    • "The Religion Of Peace"
  • Liked:
Re: Just thinking......(and completely non-political)
« Reply #1 on: September 01, 2010, 12:19:06 PM »
SIRS....thanks for the comments.

There are lots of reasons.....

Busy Lives....kids, bills, jobs, spouses, school, ect....

The economy....people working more "to make ends meet" have less free time

Polarized...our country has become so polarized over the last 15 years...

Harder & harder to defend one's beliefs.....as events on the ground play out.

The coming Nov election......and the fear of what that could mean.
It's the same reason people leave a football game in the 3rd quarter
when they don't wanna see the end.

Conflict avoidance....some people grow weary from conflict.

Mainly it's .....Not enough people know 3DHS exists.

Sure we have lost some people that realize this isn't their cup of tea
but I assure you there are loads and loads of people out there on
the internet that would love it here.....but how do they find us?!

There are plenty of people that would love this place
I read the "Comments" section on many articles in media/newpapers
and lots of them you can tell would thrive in 3DHS.

I have considered running a pay ad for 3DHS on Facebook....
but with the economy I have thus far not done so.
"Mr. Gorbachev, tear down this wall!" - Ronald Reagan - June 12, 1987

Amianthus

• Bring on the flames...
    • View Profile
    • Mario's Home Page
  • Liked:
« Reply #2 on: September 01, 2010, 01:53:18 PM »
If many Republicans are elected in November, expect a sudden influx of members of the left, complaining about said Republicans.
Do not anticipate trouble, or worry about what may never happen. Keep in the sunlight. (Benjamin Franklin)

sirs

• View Profile
  • Liked:
« Reply #3 on: September 01, 2010, 01:59:44 PM »
I would not be surprised, in the least.  Especially in the 100% expectation of how they're obstructing everything the President is trying to do to "fix" the country
"The worst form of inequality is to try to make unequal things equal." -- Aristotle

Richpo64

• View Profile
  • Liked:
« Reply #4 on: September 01, 2010, 03:37:11 PM »
Well sirs, I'm really hurt that you don't cherish my posts, or Kramers, or CU4's.

::)

It's my opinion that politics, for those of us who really pay attention and care about our country (both sides included) have reached a point where we have decided that the opposing side will be the ruin of this country. Given that, it's difficult to treat them like anything other than the enemy. It's my opinion now that it's not necessarily people like old what's his name who are the enemy, it's the politicians themselves, on both sides, who are raping this country and selling it down the river. It's my opinion that most of the right sees this and is doing something about it. They are voting out the old guard and bring in the new. This is what we have to do, short of outright rebellion. It's also my opinion that the average leftist isn't informed enough to perceive the problem or the solution. It’s not their fault, but it’s them that hold the key to removing the cancer of dirty politicians plaguing this country. Until the left realizes that it is being used by crooked politicians we won’t get much real change, but I believe it’s possible and we’re seeing the first stages of removing the slime from Washington.

The hell with the government. Start over. Free the people from the tyranny of this government.
I was a Catholic boy. I was redeemed through pain not through joy.

sirs

• View Profile
  • Liked:
« Reply #5 on: September 01, 2010, 03:42:37 PM »
I have a fondness for the female posters that are far too infrequent, in their postings.  What can I say.  Its their quality I cherish & miss seeing on a near daily basis.  Kramer & Cu4 are frequent posters, which would be included in my reference to "So, I look forward to reading those who do post"

And you will suprise me on occasion as well

Stray Pooch

• Pray tell me, sir, whose dog are you?
    • View Profile
  • Liked:
« Reply #6 on: September 01, 2010, 07:32:29 PM »
I have a fondness for the female posters that are far too infrequent, in their postings. 

As you mentioned me by name, I am concerned that you may be confused about my gender.  FTR, I'm getting old but it STILL works -lol!

Actually, I have seldom been personally "attacked" myself.  There has been the occasional ad hominem response, and a flame war or two, but that is to be expected.  I have seen, however, some vicious attacks on (and in some cases from) posters like, for example, terra and BSB.  I love intelligent debate, and frankly it is my advancing diabetes which saps my strength and makes it hard to try to cut through the Bravo Sierra.  Also, I get wordy and there is nothing worse than typing a six paragraph response and then accidentally deleting it!!!!

I swear on my mother's grave I just accidentally deleted the words "accidentally deleting it!" in the above para - lol!!!

But I check in here from time to time and see far more cussing, fussing and name-calling than intelligent debate.  That's frustrating.  I have little energy these days and I'd rather spend it honestly analyzing an issue than hearing the litany of ideological word-bombs thrown in place of rational responses.   I seldom debate anymore because this is the place where I debate and other places don't seem like home.  I even tried checking out PIC on MSN just a few months after the breakup of Yahoo Clubs and it was already foreign to me. 

And I have to be perfectly honest.  I frequently think of inviting people here, but some of the threads here would make me embarrassed to let my friends know I hung out here.  If they were infrequent lapses of etiquette it would be one thing.  But there are posters here who see no reason not to use foul language, personal attack, racial slurs and generally offensive behavior.  That's not a place I want to take my friends.  I know it is the opinion of most of the remnant here that civil debate can include those elements, but I believe that not to be the case.

I know, I fall into those same bad habits here.  That is another reason I go away so frequently.  I don't like how I get when I have heard one too many anti-American rant or EITHER side belittling the other instead of engaging them.  I get angry, arrogant and egotistical.   I get snide, self-righteous and condescending.  I get stressed-out, burned-out and pissed-off.  I get other kinds of bad things that come in groups of three.  I get sidetracked by stupid word games.  I get . . . wait, where was I?

Oh yeah.  It isn't necessarily the victims who get driven away by personal attacks, though some surely do.  But some of us stay away because we would rather do something uplifting, which intelligent debate can be, and pointless ideological warfare never is.

Oh, for a muse of fire, that would ascend the brightest heaven of invention . . .

Richpo64

• View Profile
  • Liked:
« Reply #7 on: September 01, 2010, 08:00:12 PM »
>>Oh yeah.  It isn't necessarily the victims who get driven away by personal attacks, though some surely do.  But some of us stay away because we would rather do something uplifting, which intelligent debate can be, and pointless ideological warfare never is.<<

Agreed. I've been away for several months for just that reason.
I was a Catholic boy. I was redeemed through pain not through joy.

sirs

• View Profile
  • Liked:
« Reply #8 on: September 01, 2010, 08:05:02 PM »
Point taken dear Pooch.  However, as my lead in referenced, I have to disagree with the "cussing" & "name calling" as a substantive rationale for folks to have ceased posting.  Cussing & name calling were going on LONG ago, just as much during the PIC Cafe days, as now.  I won't even go into Hoot, Dobbs, & Zoso.

The decrease in posters absolutely leads to a decrease in the amount of qualitative dialog.  But that's merely a quantity thing.  Nothing will address that outside of an increase in posters, with a goal of providing improved debate.  I abslutely agree how difficult it must be to deal with degenerative Anti-american dren, based on no more than a predisoposed hatred of America.  And when the saloon is left with nothing but that, if that......well, one can see why folks like yourself would want to spend less time here.  Who wants to keep banging their head against such a wall

That said, I'm game.  By all means, invite those friends of yours.  Let them see for themselves, and judge the quality of the saloon.  I strongly believe that the more qualitiative posters we have, the more quality debate we'll have

Kramer

• Repeal ObamaCare
    • View Profile
  • Liked:
« Reply #9 on: September 01, 2010, 11:42:11 PM »
With regards to debate 99% of liberalism isn't debatable, it's utter nonsense. Liberals lie, attack people with counter views, make up facts - which is lying, are intolerant, and think they are smart and smarter than all other people.

Liberalism, in this country and around the wold, like cancer has invaded everything from Social Security to Environmentalism, to taxation, to peace, to big government, education, business and everything in between. Liberals are mentally ill, deranged, emotional, irrational have zero character. Everything they touch turns to shit. They have done nothing good for the world, that's nothing, nada, zilch.

These sick muther fuckers have infiltrated every square inch of society from education to government to politics, to the press, you name it they are in it up their necks

They want to ruin our family unit which in turn destroys our society. They hate religion except for Muslims. They hate America, hard work, and morals. Their children are lost soles that in turn hate their parents.

Liberals are cancer. They have hijacked the Democrat Party and far too many people are too stupid to have noticed. At least up until now. This November the Democrat Party, Obama, and other dirt bags that aren't Conservative are going to lose their jobs in historical numbers unmatched ever.

sirs

• View Profile
  • Liked:
« Reply #10 on: September 02, 2010, 02:10:56 AM »
But....but....they just know better, Kramer

Xavier_Onassis

• View Profile
  • Liked:
« Reply #11 on: September 02, 2010, 10:20:21 AM »
Kramer drove off kimba with his racist remarks, and it seems that MT has gone elsewhere because of the waste of time it is debating mental midgets.

I would post some film reviews here, but all the comments I ever get are insults from asshole Kramer and stupid vagaries from the imbecilic sirs.

BT, Pooch and Plane offered interesting topics from time to time, but this roboposter thing floods the forum with prepackaged dross and it all seems like a colossal waste of time.

I am not going to waste any more time with this. There is no point to it.
I may look in and see if there is anything worth commenting on, but it hardly looks promising.
Have fun ripping each other to shreds.
"Time flies like an arrow; fruit flies like a banana."

sirs

• View Profile
  • Liked:
« Reply #12 on: September 02, 2010, 11:22:47 AM »
LOL......and there's Xo making my point, better than I could possibly have done.  Anyone count how many demeaning slurs & negatives were packed into that 1 little post?

Kramer

• Repeal ObamaCare
    • View Profile
  • Liked:
« Reply #13 on: September 02, 2010, 12:08:54 PM »
Kramer drove off kimba with his racist remarks, and it seems that MT has gone elsewhere because of the waste of time it is debating mental midgets.

I would post some film reviews here, but all the comments I ever get are insults from asshole Kramer and stupid vagaries from the imbecilic sirs.

BT, Pooch and Plane offered interesting topics from time to time, but this roboposter thing floods the forum with prepackaged dross and it all seems like a colossal waste of time.

I am not going to waste any more time with this. There is no point to it.
I may look in and see if there is anything worth commenting on, but it hardly looks promising.
Have fun ripping each other to shreds.

poor boy, life sure sucks doesn't it? Take your marbles and shove em where the sun don't shine.