Author Topic: why do Libs ok blowing Bin Laden's brains out in bed, but not waterboard him?  (Read 3850 times)

Christians4LessGvt

• View Profile
    • "The Religion Of Peace"
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 0
Why is it ok to assassinate, but not waterboard?

Wednesday, May 11, 2011 at 11:48 AM EDT

A White House official sat down with Chris Wallace who tried to figure out why we can't use enhanced interrogation of terrorists.

"We'll all stipulate that Bin Laden was a monster, but why are you shooting an unarmed man in the face legal and proper while enhanced interrogation including waterboarding of a detainee under very strict controls and limits, why is that over the line?" Wallace asked.

" I'm not asking you why it was okay to shoot Osama Bin Laden and I'm not second guessing the SEALs.  What I am asking is if that's okay, why can't you do waterboarding?  Why can't you do enhanced interrogation of Khalid Sheikh Mohammed who was just as bad an operator as Osama Bin Laden?"

When Wallace was told by an official that it waterborarding wasn't in line with our values, Wallace responded, "But shooting Osama Bin Laden in the head is consistent with our values?"

"In other words, they have no explanation for why you can shoot a guy in the head but you can't waterboard him.  And we've only waterboarded someone, by the way, three times.  Three times," Pat said.

« Last Edit: May 12, 2011, 06:05:29 PM by Christians4LessGvt »
"Mr. Gorbachev, tear down this wall!" - Ronald Reagan - June 12, 1987

kimba1

• View Profile
  • Liked:
well

waterboarding is not a complete system of information gathering. often it was brought up supposed the person doesn`t have the information. how does enhanced interrogation find this out? the dude will only say what he thinks will stop the waterboarding.

P.S. I think Khalid Sheikh Mohammed  gave incorrect data under waterboarding

Kramer

• Repeal ObamaCare
    • View Profile
  • Liked:

The reason is simple -- Libs appose anything a Republican president or Congress does whether it's right, wrong, good, bad etc because they want to have issues to create negative doubts in voters minds and they have a willing press there to help them in their schemes.

Christians4LessGvt

• View Profile
    • "The Religion Of Peace"
  • Liked:
so Kimba basically you are saying liberals do not oppose waterboarding
on a moral ground they oppose it only because they think it is not effective?
but if it were found to be effective like blowing his brains out they
would support waterboarding?

"Mr. Gorbachev, tear down this wall!" - Ronald Reagan - June 12, 1987

sirs

• View Profile
  • Liked:
P.S. I think Khalid Sheikh Mohammed  gave incorrect data under waterboarding

From all avenues provided, even the current CIA head, placed their by Obama, indicated that the info KSM gave from the waterboarding was integral in identifying and confirming bin Laden's courier, which subsequently led to bin Laden himself

What "data" provided was incorrect?
"The worst form of inequality is to try to make unequal things equal." -- Aristotle

kimba1

• View Profile
  • Liked:
I can`t answer that, for I got no idea how a liberal thinks,remember I live in san francisco and I still don`t know what is a liberal. the people here defy definition

it really is a land of contradiction

I`m only talking about waterboarding itself.

this link is the data about KSM

http://blogs.abcnews.com/thenote/2011/05/john-mccain-waterboarding-torture-did-not-help-hunt-for-osama-bin-laden-.html

sirs

• View Profile
  • Liked:
And the link I'm referring to Is Leon Panetta himself.  No Bush lacky by any stretch of the imagination, and it was he himself that confirmed the valuable intel aquired on KSM thru waterboarding
"The worst form of inequality is to try to make unequal things equal." -- Aristotle

kimba1

• View Profile
  • Liked:
not easy to lookup

but morality is brought up alot and I think it`s most definitely not moral  but that doesn`t means it can`t be used . it should be a last resort type of thing. interrogations can have corrupting influence on a person and being Americans does not make a person immune. I`m thinking of the Stanford experiment..

BSB

XO, "incorrect data under waterboarding"

Correct. He said the currier was of no important, and that he had been largely forgotten by bin Laden. However, the CIA felt he was being a little too protective of the currier, and felt, therefore, that they were on to something. 

BSB

sirs

• View Profile
  • Liked:
not easy to lookup

but morality is brought up alot and I think it`s most definitely not moral  but that doesn`t means it can`t be used . it should be a last resort type of thing. interrogations can have corrupting influence on a person and being Americans does not make a person immune. I`m thinking of the Stanford experiment..

I don't think anyone has claimed it should be a "front resort" thing, or that its something pleasant.  What is isn't, is something along the lines of what terrorists do, like burning folks alive, dismembering body parts, pulling out tongues.  And the fact remains, that waterboarding KSM brought about pertinent information, that led to the courier, that led to bin Laden.  Them being the facts

Xavier_Onassis

• View Profile
  • Liked:
And the fact remains, that waterboarding KSM brought about pertinent information, that led to the courier, that led to bin Laden.  Them being the facts

===============================================
In the wonderful, madcap Land of sirs, that is.
"Time flies like an arrow; fruit flies like a banana."

sirs

• View Profile
  • Liked:
Naa, actually that'd the the land of reality.  You should come visit sometime, though I realize how unpopular location that is for some hard core liberals, that can't stand having their preconceived notion of what is, is, turned upside down, or their agenda driven templates cracked

kimba1

• View Profile
  • Liked:
please link again

it`s way easier to get mccain stuff then leon panetta

sirs

• View Profile
  • Liked:
This entire thread has multiple links, thru-out.  Googling Panetta and waterboarding will also get you some specific links as well

sirs

• View Profile
  • Liked:
Speaking of "torture" aimed at the left