Author Topic: Obama throws Israel under the Bus  (Read 127979 times)

BT

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • DebateGate
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 3
Re: Obama throws Israel under the Bus
« Reply #510 on: June 13, 2011, 01:39:38 AM »
Seeing and connecting are 2 different things.  But nice to see how quick you are to jump on the bashing Palin bandwagon

The fact remains that the US and Russia do share a border. And i don't see how you get that i was bashing Palin.

LOL....the "border" is in the ocean.  I think it was pretty transparent that I was referencing land borders.  And the bashing was in how Palin was ridiculed for "seeing" Russia from Alaska, and there you were joking about it, how we should't tell Palin about them not being connected

What do you think is under the water?

Post what you have re: Israel recognizing an existing Palestinian State.

Are you going to play the semantic game about a literal "Palestinian state"??  Because that's not what I've been referencing at all, nor does one currently exist.  It's been in referencing Israel's acceptance of having a Palestinian state next to an Israeli state.  You want a plethora of THOSE links??

Sure and while your at it could you clear up whether Egypt and Jordan were required to recognize the "Jewish" State of Israel as part of the peace treaties with those two countries.

sirs

• View Profile
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 0
« Reply #511 on: June 13, 2011, 02:01:50 AM »
Nice deflection effort.  I'll stick with the current issue and topic at hand...the one that includes the Palestinians not recognizing a (Jewish) Israeli state in this supposed 2 state arrangement.  As if there were some other form
"The worst form of inequality is to try to make unequal things equal." -- Aristotle

BT

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • DebateGate
  • Liked:
« Reply #512 on: June 13, 2011, 02:43:03 AM »
Nice deflection effort.  I'll stick with the current issue and topic at hand...the one that includes the Palestinians not recognizing a (Jewish) Israeli state in this supposed 2 state arrangement.  As if there were some other form

Just trying to determine if this is a new demand by bibi or is this language that has historically been used. Past is prologue, no? Consistency is the key.

Does Israel declare itself a Jewish State in its constitution?

sirs

• View Profile
  • Liked:
« Reply #513 on: June 13, 2011, 03:03:42 AM »
No demands, other than no preconditions.  Simple as that
"The worst form of inequality is to try to make unequal things equal." -- Aristotle

BT

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • DebateGate
  • Liked:
« Reply #514 on: June 13, 2011, 03:16:31 AM »
No demands, other than no preconditions.  Simple as that

I'll take that as the recognition of a Jewish State language was not required of Egypt or Jordan. As Israel does not have a formal constitution, the language is not there either.

So why do you think Bibi is insisting on it now?

sirs

• View Profile
  • Liked:
« Reply #515 on: June 13, 2011, 03:41:09 AM »
Take it any way you wish.  Truth remains the truth....Palestinian president will not recognize A (Jewish) Israel state, next to a Palestinian state.  Compliments nicely that of Fatah & Hamas' mindset

Yep, no peace to be had here.  Best Israel keep as much defensible land as possible

BT

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • DebateGate
  • Liked:
« Reply #516 on: June 13, 2011, 04:09:40 AM »
Take it any way you wish.  Truth remains the truth....Palestinian president will not recognize A (Jewish) Israel state, next to a Palestinian state.  Compliments nicely that of Fatah & Hamas' mindset

Yep, no peace to be had here.  Best Israel keep as much defensible land as possible

So  this whole was much ado about nothing?

I think the only way Israel remains a Jewish State is if they forgo democracy. And how would that gel with US interests?

sirs

• View Profile
  • Liked:
« Reply #517 on: June 13, 2011, 04:13:08 AM »

So  this whole was much ado about nothing?

You, convinced me of that....there will be no peace.  You should give yourself a pat on the back

BT

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • DebateGate
  • Liked:
« Reply #518 on: June 13, 2011, 10:32:10 AM »
Well it's obvious the Israeli's are not seriously seeking peace.

Christians4LessGvt

• View Profile
    • "The Religion Of Peace"
  • Liked:
« Reply #519 on: June 13, 2011, 11:04:31 AM »
None of which would have happened if Reagan had refused to negotiate with the Evil Empire.

BT pretending again.....
Pretending an apple is an orange
As if Reagan would have negotiated shit if Russia was lobbing rockets into the United States.

http://www.aolnews.com/2011/03/19/hamas-fires-missiles-into-israel/
"Mr. Gorbachev, tear down this wall!" - Ronald Reagan - June 12, 1987

sirs

• View Profile
  • Liked:
« Reply #520 on: June 13, 2011, 11:30:50 AM »
Well it's obvious the Israeli's are not seriously seeking peace.

No need to any longer.  The other party in this 2 party arrangement, was never serious

Xavier_Onassis

• View Profile
  • Liked:
« Reply #521 on: June 13, 2011, 11:37:53 AM »
Israel does not have defensible borders now. It will not have them if it agrees to a peace treaty. If you look at a map, you will see, that there is no way that Israel could ever have defensible borders.

Iceland has defensible borders. maybe Switzerland as well, after major modifications made before WWII.

Israel can only make a deal not to attack or be attacked by a neighboring state, just as the US, Canada and Mexico have done.

The rockets are a minor annoyance. It would not surprise me to discover that they are secretly funded and encouraged by Netanyahu as a phony excuse.
"Time flies like an arrow; fruit flies like a banana."

sirs

• View Profile
  • Liked:
« Reply #522 on: June 13, 2011, 11:49:42 AM »
Israel does not have defensible borders now.

Sure it does.

It will not have them if it agrees to a peace treaty.  If you look at a map, you will see, that there is no way that Israel could ever have defensible borders.

Since there will be no peace, except after another war, and IF YOU LOOKED AT THAT MAP, the areas taken in DEFENSE of their country (read; NOT STOLEN) indeed provide higher ground and greater buffers from their more populated centers.  Never said "completely and utterly defensible", Just more so. 

Israel can only make a deal not to attack or be attacked by a neighboring state, just as the US, Canada and Mexico have done.

Which had a foundation that the other countries, Canada & Mexico recognized the U.S.'s presence, and neither had no governing mandate to rid the region of the U.S.  Since that's not the case here, and since there can be no peace, Israel can do whatever it needs to to survive

And how the hell is its Israel's responsibility not to be attacked??  Who enforces that part of your fantasy arrangement??

The rockets are a minor annoyance. It would not surprise me to discover that they are secretly funded and encouraged by Netanyahu as a phony excuse.

Speaking of fantasies     ::)

Christians4LessGvt

• View Profile
    • "The Religion Of Peace"
  • Liked:
« Reply #523 on: June 14, 2011, 05:25:48 PM »

Document: Syria orchestrated border battles with Israel

June 14, 2011

A leaked Syrian government document shows that the regime
orchestrated last month's border clashes with Israel.

Syrian security forces were told to grant free passage to 20 protester-filled buses and to allow them to cross the cease-fire line with Israel, according to the memorandum, which was which
was obtained by The Daily Telegraph.

"All security, military, and contingent units are hereby ordered to grant permission of passage to all twenty vehicles (47 passenger capacity) with the attached plate numbers that are scheduled to arrive at ten in the morning on Sunday May 15, 2011 without being questioned or stopped until it reaches or frontier defense locations," the document says.

"Permission is hereby granted allowing approaching crowds to cross the cease fire line (with Israel) towards the occupied Majdal-Shamms, and to further allow them to engage physically with each other in front of United Nations agents and offices."

"It is essential to ensure that no one carries military identification or a weapon as they enter with a strict emphasis on the peaceful and spontaneous nature of the protest," the note adds.
Israeli troops patrol the border between Israel and Syria near the village of Majdal Shams in the Golan Heights early on Monday, June 6, 2011. Israel braced for more border violence after a day of deadly clashes with pro-Palestinian protesters who tried to surge into the Israeli-controlled Golan from Syria.

The memorandum also describes an "urgent meeting" between the army's deputy chief of staff and senior intelligence officials in a Syrian province adjacent to the Israeli border.

The document, which bears the Syrian state emblem and the signature of the mayor of Al-Qunaitera province, is dated May 14, 2011, the day before the clashes, which took place alongside smiliar rushes on Israel's borders with Lebanon and the Gaza Strip.
The clashes turned deadly when Israeli forces fired on infiltrators who had breached the border.

http://www.washingtontimes.com/news/2011/jun/14/document-syria-orchestrated-border-battles-israel/
"Mr. Gorbachev, tear down this wall!" - Ronald Reagan - June 12, 1987

sirs

• View Profile
  • Liked:
« Reply #524 on: June 14, 2011, 05:35:36 PM »
I'm stunned.......I tell yas.....stunned that an Arab country would organize protesters, risking their very lives, in order to hopefully give a PR black eye to Israel.

Stunned, I tell yas