Author Topic: Fox News Viewers Uninformed, NPR Listeners Not, Poll Suggests  (Read 11854 times)

Henny

• View Profile
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 0
Re: Fox News Viewers Uninformed, NPR Listeners Not, Poll Suggests
« Reply #30 on: November 24, 2011, 01:44:12 AM »
All this really says is that Americans are uninformed about world events in general. That is pretty damn true.

Then some journalist thought it would be funny to spin it into a Fox News story.

Yawn.

Plane

• View Profile
  • Liked:
« Reply #31 on: November 24, 2011, 01:56:17 AM »
Before the invasion of Iraq, was the probability of WMD existance or use the only justifacation given?

=======================
It was at least 90% of the reasons given. The other was "He gassed his own people!", which happened a decade or more before.

I am pretty sure it was mentioned that he was still killing a lot of his own people, right up to the last minute.
    I don't consider it proven that Sadam Hussien had given up on WMD, he seemed rather to be waiting for the pressure and scrutiny to let up.
    When the WMD turned out to be scarce , mysteriously missing, THEN it turned into 90% of the discussion, because opponents of Bush didn't take notice of anything elese.

BT

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • DebateGate
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 3
« Reply #32 on: November 24, 2011, 02:03:03 AM »
All this really says is that Americans are uninformed about world events in general. That is pretty damn true.

Then some journalist thought it would be funny to spin it into a Fox News story.

Yawn.

Exactly. It seems to be a meme floating around the leftsphere. It is getting heavy play on MSNBC, who by the way didn't do much better in the poll of Jersey Shore viewers.

sirs

• View Profile
  • Liked:
« Reply #33 on: November 24, 2011, 12:20:18 PM »
Before the invasion of Iraq, was the probability of WMD existance or use the only justifacation given?
=======================
It was at least 90% of the reasons given. The other was "He gassed his own people!", which happened a decade or more before.

I am pretty sure it was mentioned that he was still killing a lot of his own people, right up to the last minute.
    I don't consider it proven that Sadam Hussien had given up on WMD, he seemed rather to be waiting for the pressure and scrutiny to let up.
    When the WMD turned out to be scarce , mysteriously missing, THEN it turned into 90% of the discussion, because opponents of Bush didn't take notice of anything elese.

BINGO.  Note also the tribe that worships at the "Bush lied" alter have yet to demonstrate any proof that Bush knew there were no WMD, but took us to war anyways.  Kinda the minimal standard necessary to validate a lie.  Quite the contrary in fact.  Apparently, it's just a gut feeling
"The worst form of inequality is to try to make unequal things equal." -- Aristotle

hnumpah

• You have another think coming. Use it.
    • View Profile
  • Liked:
« Reply #34 on: November 24, 2011, 03:59:13 PM »

Let us not forget the ties to Al Qaeda that also didn't exist, and the mobile weapons labs (poor Colin), and the threat of mushroom clouds over American cities.
"I love WikiLeaks." - Donald Trump, October 2016

BT

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • DebateGate
  • Liked:
« Reply #35 on: November 24, 2011, 04:00:48 PM »
Blessed be to Obama for bringing the troops home.

hnumpah

• View Profile
  • Liked:
« Reply #36 on: November 24, 2011, 04:05:02 PM »

From Iraq? They never should have been sent. I won't reciprocate with a curse for the Bushies though, it's a waste of time.

sirs

• View Profile
  • Liked:
« Reply #37 on: November 24, 2011, 04:16:53 PM »

Let us not forget the ties to Al Qaeda that also didn't exist,

But did

and the mobile weapons labs (poor Colin)

That we believed, per intel (bad intel, but intel none-the-less)  Hardly nefarious

and the threat of mushroom clouds over American cities.

Not even going to entertain that fallacy
"The worst form of inequality is to try to make unequal things equal." -- Aristotle

BT

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • DebateGate
  • Liked:
« Reply #38 on: November 24, 2011, 04:37:01 PM »

From Iraq? They never should have been sent. I won't reciprocate with a curse for the Bushies though, it's a waste of time.

The reality is that they were sent. And Obama (blessed be his name) brought them home.

hnumpah

• View Profile
  • Liked:
« Reply #39 on: November 24, 2011, 07:14:20 PM »

[/quote]

Then you might wanna read up on Condi Bird.

BSB

« Reply #40 on: November 24, 2011, 07:55:57 PM »
Than there was the, "you have one of those!?", bit.

Colin Powell was reading an intercepted conversation between two members of the Iraq military during his case for war speech at the UN. It went approximately like this: Iraqi no.1 "You have one of those!?! (gasp). Iraqi no.2:  "Yes". Iraqi no.1, "You better get rid of it!".

That was all there was to it, but by the way Powell showcased it clearly the world was supposed to believe it had something to do with either WMD or proof of Satin's true existence. The fact, however, is that they could have been talking about a copy of Playboy Magazine for all we know.

BSB

sirs

• View Profile
  • Liked:
« Reply #41 on: November 25, 2011, 12:15:45 AM »

Then you might wanna read up on Condi Bird.

That's gonna require a tad more specificity I'm afraid

Xavier_Onassis

• View Profile
  • Liked:
« Reply #42 on: November 25, 2011, 12:51:03 AM »
And yet another conversation dies with sirs claiming that Bush had no way of knowing that his claims were actually lies.
"Time flies like an arrow; fruit flies like a banana."

sirs

• View Profile
  • Liked:
« Reply #43 on: November 25, 2011, 01:28:05 AM »
And Xo dies not being able to demonstrate 1 shred of proof of an actual lie

hnumpah

• View Profile
  • Liked:
« Reply #44 on: November 25, 2011, 07:53:59 AM »
That's gonna require a tad more specificity I'm afraid

Search for the 'smoking gun'
NUCLEAR WEAPONS

January 10, 2003|By Wolf Blitzer CNN

Last September 8, I interviewed President Bush's National Security Adviser, Dr. Condoleezza Rice. I was pressing her on Iraqi President Saddam Hussein's nuclear capabilities.

"We know that he has the infrastructure, nuclear scientists to make a nuclear weapon," she told me. "And we know that when the inspectors assessed this after the Gulf War, he was far, far closer to a crude nuclear device than anybody thought -- maybe six months from a crude nuclear device."

Dr. Rice then said something that was ominous and made headlines around the world.

"The problem here is that there will always be some uncertainty about how quickly he can acquire nuclear weapons. But we don't want the smoking gun to be a mushroom cloud."

Full article: http://articles.cnn.com/2003-01-10/us/wbr.smoking.gun_1_smoking-gun-nuclear-weapons-hans-blix?_s=PM:US

Now were you that uninformed, or is your memory that bad? I do believe that quote has been provided here before. Despite the fact it only took all of thirty seconds to find, if you are going to play the game of asking me to verify what has been posted here before, you can do your own homework from now on.