Author Topic: Marco Rubio For President!  (Read 4071 times)

sirs

• View Profile
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 0
Re: Marco Rubio For President!
« Reply #15 on: April 18, 2015, 02:54:44 PM »
It's a simple question that doesn't require any mandate to measure contempt.  It's subjective.  I understand why you couldn't bring yourself to answer such a simple question, but to spend all this ridicuous bandwidth arguing points and concepts that have absolutely nothing to do with the question, is the epitome of deflection. 

There is no scale required.  I realize your hatred for anything Republican.  Its matched by my hatred of anything liberal....an ideology that literally removes freedom from the lives of individuals for some perverted sense of group think.  Taking what's rightfully and legally earned by so many and spending it on pet projects and "good intentions", (and screw the repercussions)

Point being, you're making your standard mountain out of a molehill effort, all the while dodging the original point like the plague

It's also hard to take anything you say seriously when the likes of both Hillary & Obama are at the top of the Oligarchy food chain.  Especially Hillary
« Last Edit: April 18, 2015, 06:58:39 PM by sirs »
"The worst form of inequality is to try to make unequal things equal." -- Aristotle

Plane

• View Profile
  • Liked:
Re: Typical sirs ignorance
« Reply #16 on: April 18, 2015, 06:28:46 PM »

It really does not matter. I despise the principles of the Republican't Party,

I wish that there were clearer principals with brighter lines around them.
their habit of pissing away huge sums on useless weapons and the State of Israel,
this is a shared characteristic.
and have noted that altough they CLAIM to be all for small government, not a one of them has left office with a government that had not grown.
Touche'  that is true, if the Democrats are worse it is a matter of the margins.
Their belief that more taxes can always be raised by lowering thee tax rate is indefensible nonsense,
That isn't what we believe , we think that the taxes are already high enough to cause harm, do Democrats believe that there is absolutely no harm in raising taxes to any level?
their claiming to be for individual rights is  a farce because they wish to force every pregnant woman to deliver a child or be punished,
Is the Democrat commitment to personal freedom limited to keeping the right to kill ones own child? Seems to be the one right that really gets their attention. And the Only right that is absolute and cannot accept any limits at all.
and of course they cater to the gun nuts
Horray!
and the shysters of Wall Street.
Like Mark Rich
This is not to say that some Democrats do not do the same, but they do it far less,
Not if we are discussing Hillary Clinton, who takes bribes in the form of livestock options.
and grant far fewer favors to the rulinbg Oligarchy.  Republicans are assholes, and unfit to run my country. I will not vote for anyone who claims to be a Republican.

Hey , this was a good post.
Just because I pasted in a lot of disagreement doesn't mean that I can't recognize that it is very cogent.

Xavier_Onassis

• View Profile
  • Liked:
« Reply #17 on: April 18, 2015, 07:03:46 PM »
Mark Rich is just one guy, from long, long ago. It is one thing to give a favor to one friend, another to deliver a huge storm of favors to a group because they all belong to the same privileged class. The concept that the rich should be taxed LESS so somehow they will have more crumbs to fall to the floor where the poor can get at them, while all the poor should be taxed so they have "skin in the game" is  one of the worst flaws in Republican ideology.

Another is that government should be so small as to be powerless to regulate what must be regulated to assure a decent life for everyone. Government is the only force that can combat monopolists and an entrenched oligarchy, and it has to be big and powerful enough to stop funny business on Wall Street, housing bubbles,  prevent the destruction of the environment and provide basic services where the private sector has failed to provide them.
"Time flies like an arrow; fruit flies like a banana."

sirs

• View Profile
  • Liked:
« Reply #18 on: April 18, 2015, 07:29:58 PM »
1 flaw to all that......what force can combat an out of control oppressive Government, run by their own uber rich oligarchs??
"The worst form of inequality is to try to make unequal things equal." -- Aristotle

Xavier_Onassis

• View Profile
  • Liked:
« Reply #19 on: April 19, 2015, 09:52:17 AM »
The main problem was the Citizens United decision which declared corporations to be able to buy political office.

The Federal government is not nearly the threat to democracy that corporations, greedy for a quick profit, are.

Plane

• View Profile
  • Liked:
« Reply #20 on: April 19, 2015, 10:54:08 AM »
The main problem was the Citizens United decision which declared corporations to be able to buy political office.

The Federal government is not nearly the threat to democracy that corporations, greedy for a quick profit, are.

Why is it any less threat?

If the power is what attracts the corrupt, the corrupt will seek it wherever it is.

The mistake is to concentrate the power .

sirs

• View Profile
  • Liked:
« Reply #21 on: April 19, 2015, 01:24:49 PM »

Ahhh, so in your rationalized world, a Federal government that has the ability to control EVERYTHING, is not nearly as much as a threat as some companies who might make too much $$$.  So there's no need for any force to control that

You would have made a great little Hitlerjugend member   

sirs

• View Profile
  • Liked:
« Reply #22 on: April 19, 2015, 01:26:07 PM »

Why is it any less threat?

If the power is what attracts the corrupt, the corrupt will seek it wherever it is.

The mistake is to concentrate the power

BINGO

Xavier_Onassis

• View Profile
  • Liked:
« Reply #23 on: April 19, 2015, 02:50:19 PM »
The problem is allowing the super rich to BUY the government with campaign donations.\

Go Bingo yourself, you foolish hack.

Plane

• View Profile
  • Liked:
« Reply #24 on: April 19, 2015, 05:02:40 PM »
The problem is allowing the super rich to BUY the government with campaign donations.\

Go Bingo yourself, you foolish hack.

How does this not describe Hillary?

She seems to be on track to raise more money than GWB and BHO put together, no, not exaggerating , she is gathering up a big chunk of change.

It most definitely is not all from the little people.

Do the hoity toity really pay the tab for the champion of the hoi poli?

Xavier_Onassis

• View Profile
  • Liked:
« Reply #25 on: April 19, 2015, 07:33:48 PM »
We do not know and no longer can know who is donating and how much.
I am pretty sure that a whole lot of cash gets transferred. Nixon had no problem raising cash to bribe his henchmen at the time of Watergate.
That suggests to me that bags of cash and the way to deliver them were already in practice long before Watergate.

When I get a letter from the Republicans begging for money, they tell me all the stuff they have done for me (generally involving the lower taxes for investment income), and then they tell me how much they want me to donate. $100 is requested as a minimum. They do not ask for my opinions on anything.

When I get a letter from the Democrats, there is a questionnaire. They ask me to check off which issues I deem the most important. And the amount I am asked to donate gives several options.  $20 $35  $50  $75  $100. With $35 circled and the comment "This amount could really help us."

I am pretty sure that they spend more money mailing me requests than I donate. I find that if I donate early, I get annoying phone calls far too often, asking for more.

I usually don't get more than a couple of letters from the Republicans. I think they got my name from some investments in a gas drilling company.

In 1980, I got a request from Reagan for $100, and they sent me a postpaid envelope.  I wrapped a brick in brown paper and glued the envelope to it. All I know is that it was not returned.

Plane

• View Profile
  • Liked:
« Reply #26 on: April 19, 2015, 07:56:33 PM »

In 1980, I got a request from Reagan for $100, and they sent me a postpaid envelope.  I wrapped a brick in brown paper and glued the envelope to it. All I know is that it was not returned.

Hahahahahaaa!

You scoundrel!

sirs

• View Profile
  • Liked:
« Reply #27 on: April 20, 2015, 01:16:47 AM »
The problem is allowing the super rich to BUY the government with campaign donations.

You mean the way Soros is?

How does this not describe Hillary?

Exactly

sirs

• View Profile
  • Liked:
« Reply #28 on: April 20, 2015, 01:48:07 AM »
The problem is allowing the super rich to BUY the government with campaign donations.

You mean like how they buy Hillary?

Xavier_Onassis

• View Profile
  • Liked:
« Reply #29 on: April 20, 2015, 12:07:22 PM »
The very worst example is how Rick Scott bought the governorship of Florida. He has been execrable as a governor.

All you know about Hillary is right wing drivel.