Author Topic: black lives matter dallas  (Read 7474 times)

sirs

• View Profile
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 0
Re: black lives matter dallas
« Reply #30 on: July 09, 2016, 05:20:50 PM »
This will burn xo's britches a bit more:

So, I'm driving to my office to turn in my weekly paperwork. A headlight is out. I see a Tucson Police Department squad vehicle turn around and follow me. I'm already preparing for the stop.

The lights go on and I pull over. The officer asks me how I'm doing, and then asks if I have any weapons.

"Yes, sir. I'm a concealed carry permit holder and my weapon is located on my right hip. My wallet is in my back-right pocket."

The officer explains for his safety and mine, he needs to disarm me for the stop. I understand, and I unlock the vehicle. I explain that I'm running a 7TS ALS holster but from the angle, the second officer can't unholster it. Lead officer asks me to step out, and I do so slowly. Officer relieves me of my Glock and compliments the X300U I'm running on it. He also sees my military ID and I tell him I'm with the National Guard.

Lead officer points out my registration card is out of date but he knows my registration is up to date. He goes back to run my license. I know he's got me on at least two infractions. I'm thinking of how to pay them.

Officers return with my Glock in an evidence back, locked and cleared. "Because you were cool with us and didn't give us grief, I'm just going to leave it at a verbal warning. Get that headlight fixed as soon as possible."

I smile. "Thank you, sir."

I'm a black man wearing a hoodie and strapped. According to certain social movements, I shouldn't be alive right now because the police are allegedly out to kill minorities.

Maybe...just maybe...that notion is bunk.

Maybe if you treat police officers with respect, they will do the same to you.

Police officers are people, too. By far and large, most are good people and they're not out to get you.

I'd like to thank those two officers and TPD in general for another professional contact.

We talk so much about the bad apples who shouldn't be wearing a badge. I'd like to spread the word about an example of men who earned their badges and exemplify what that badge stands for

This is a fella that was "painted black", a resident of Tucson, AZ, and a perfect example of responding to police with resepct vs some supposed entitlement of not being disrespected by police

"The worst form of inequality is to try to make unequal things equal." -- Aristotle

Plane

• View Profile
  • Liked:
« Reply #31 on: July 09, 2016, 05:39:00 PM »
  This looks like the way we want everyone involved to behave.

The driver was cool and the police were cool and they reciprocated trust for measured trust.

If there were a really good process that we all knew , it would still have a failure rate, the best hope is for is a low failure rate.

sirs

• View Profile
  • Liked:
« Reply #32 on: July 09, 2016, 06:21:00 PM »
Precisely.  However there are 2 big obstacles to this process
1) actual racist cops (whatever fraction of a fraction of the police force, they make up) who do make it a point to harass and target blacks
2) an ever-growing African American minority population being spoonfed, that if anyone, esepcially law enforcement, treats you with any disrespect, its because of underlying racism, that means to hurt, if not kill the "black man", therefore justifying any action taken, before they can be "taken out

But as the excerpt provides, that if everyone simply made it a goal to respect the comands and position of law enforcement, these tragedies would all but disappear.  If you think an officer is giving you unneeded grief, say "thank you", sign our citation, and follow-up with a formal complaint, that goes on the officer's official record.  What you DON'T do, is give them lip or resistance.   
"The worst form of inequality is to try to make unequal things equal." -- Aristotle

Christians4LessGvt

• View Profile
    • "The Religion Of Peace"
  • Liked:
« Reply #33 on: July 09, 2016, 06:48:17 PM »
"Mr. Gorbachev, tear down this wall!" - Ronald Reagan - June 12, 1987

sirs

• View Profile
  • Liked:
« Reply #34 on: July 09, 2016, 07:44:23 PM »
Ohhh....this just in.....the shooter/murderer/assasin, was apparently not only a member of the new Black Panther Party, but the rifle he used in his shooting spree, was an old fasioned SKS....as in not only NOT an AR-15, its also would pass nearly every one of the present gun control measures trying to ban so-called "assault weapons".  Including the latest ones here in CA

Perhaps its not about the gun

Christians4LessGvt

• View Profile
  • Liked:
« Reply #35 on: July 09, 2016, 08:54:08 PM »
Media Narrative Fail: Castile Had Gun in His Lap, Failed to Comply to Do Not Move Order.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YNIWAGeHcSw

Christians4LessGvt

• View Profile
  • Liked:
« Reply #36 on: July 10, 2016, 10:54:33 AM »

sirs

• View Profile
  • Liked:
« Reply #37 on: July 10, 2016, 02:10:51 PM »
OUCH

Xavier_Onassis

• View Profile
  • Liked:
« Reply #38 on: July 10, 2016, 04:28:23 PM »
The video shows his lap and there is no gun in it.
"Time flies like an arrow; fruit flies like a banana."

sirs

• View Profile
  • Liked:
« Reply #39 on: July 10, 2016, 04:35:03 PM »
It doesn't show the entire episode, which is absolutely pertinent to the reactions of the officer.  It may have slipped off his lap from the recoil of being shot.  We just don't know.  All we have is "after the fact", and running commentary from the girlfriend.  Hardly definitive

Xavier_Onassis

• View Profile
  • Liked:
« Reply #40 on: July 10, 2016, 04:43:20 PM »
I know what happened: LEPRECHAUNS moved it,  little tricksters that they are.

Here is what will happen: that cop will nor keep his position, just like the cop who shot Michael Brown.
He screams too much to be a cop, anyway. He is louder than the loudest woman on The Price is Right.

He will not do any jail time.

Black people and cops in Minneapolis will trust one another  even less as a result. Someone will get paid a settlement.

It is stupid to drive around with a gun in your car unless you are a security officer, a cop of a bank courier.
It will make you less safe if you are White, and even less so if you are Black.

Christians4LessGvt

• View Profile
  • Liked:
« Reply #41 on: July 10, 2016, 04:50:14 PM »

sirs

• View Profile
  • Liked:
« Reply #42 on: July 10, 2016, 05:43:37 PM »
I know what happened: LEPRECHAUNS moved it,  little tricksters that they are.

Time for the professor to deflet from the issue with some idiocy.....check

Here is what will happen: that cop will nor keep his position, just like the cop who shot Michael Brown.
He screams too much to be a cop, anyway. He is louder than the loudest woman on The Price is Right.

Good thing we have xo to produce what actually happened and what will happen given...and screw any facts

He will not do any jail time.

If you say so.  Personally, I'm going to wait for the facts to be fully vetted

It is stupid to drive around with a gun in your car unless you are a security officer, a cop of a bank courier.

Or you have a valid CCW

It will make you less safe if you are White, and even less so if you are Black.

Quite the polar opposite in fact....if you're legally carrying a firearm.  Just produced an example in this thread in fact.  Facts are not your friend professor, when this topic comes up

Xavier_Onassis

• View Profile
  • Liked:
« Reply #43 on: July 10, 2016, 06:41:44 PM »
How do you suggest that they decorate the White House to commemorate five dead cops?
Tell us what appropriate decorations could be added to commemorate two Black guys needlessly killed as well.
I mean, if you think that White House lighting out to be employed on a regular basis, you ought to come up with some ideas as well.

I think you, or more specifically, the chuckleheaded clown that you copied this stupid crap from missed the point that the White Hose lighting was used to celebrate specific accomplishments: Prince's dedication to music and same sex marriages being legalized. Not every event can be reflected meaningfully with White House lighting,

Suggesting that this si a proper function of the presidency is simply asinine.

sirs

• View Profile
  • Liked:
« Reply #44 on: July 10, 2016, 06:46:45 PM »
BLUE