Author Topic: LITERALLY STUNNED!! HEATH LEDGER FOUND DEAD  (Read 21144 times)

Universe Prince

• Of course liberty isn't safe; but it is good.
    • View Profile
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 0
Re: LITERALLY STUNNED!! HEATH LEDGER FOUND DEAD
« Reply #30 on: February 02, 2008, 06:58:35 PM »
A thread about Health Ledger's death turned into a pissing matching between Brass and Rich. Way to go, fellas.
Your reality, sir, is lies and balderdash and I'm delighted to say that I have no grasp of it whatsoever.
--Hieronymus Karl Frederick Baron von Munchausen ("The Adventures of Baron Munchausen" [1988])--

Rich

« Reply #31 on: February 02, 2008, 10:25:45 PM »
Like I said ... pretentious thumbsuckers.

::)

yellow_crane

« Reply #32 on: February 02, 2008, 10:39:00 PM »
It was pretty funny though ... He finally found a way to quite him ....  ;D

Gibson: ?To anyone offended by my comments, I?m sorry.?On his Fox News show today, John Gibson apologized for his recent comments mocking the death of actor Heath Ledger. ?I?m sorry that some took my comments as anti-gay and insensitive,? said Gibson. ?Once again, to anyone offended by my comments, I?m sorry.?

I am glad that pressure made Fox make this guy apologize.

He would never step forward on his own, because he does not have the equiptment for it.

Fact is, when you say "I'm sorry that some took my comments as anti-gay and insensitive . . ." you have just spun the project.

In this phrase, he does not apologize for what he did; he is sorry 'THAT SOME TOOK'
which is to say, they are the ones who made the interpretation, and he is sorry for that.

A completely invalid and bogus apology.

Rich

« Reply #33 on: February 02, 2008, 10:58:55 PM »
Yes, he was wrong to cave in to the thought police. He should have told them to mind their own fascist business.

yellow_crane

« Reply #34 on: February 02, 2008, 11:01:34 PM »
wow
i truely can`t say much about this
I try to do helen keller jokes here,awhile back
but I do believe it`s a step in the right direction to NOT grave dance .
you don`t have to respect the dead but you also do have to pee on the grave.

Do you remember the 'little johnnie' jokes that floated around several years ago?

"Mrs Johnson, can johnnie come out and play baseball"

"Why children, you know johnnie had his arms and legs ambutated."

"We need a second base."

"Mrs Johnson, can johnnie come out and play."

"Why children, you know johnnie died last week."

"Can we have his toys?"

These jokes appear in a society because the society needs them.  But it takes an open society, wherein the cycles au natural can operate, much like a healthy lake turns itself over by pushing up the water at the base, which happens within a 4 degree temperature reach, usually in the spring.   A dead lake does not.  A closed society would find even the slightest variance from political correctness a serious transgression.

Comedians fill a function in a society that can be profound, and can even offer an option to a gridlock where no other can.  Many times, following the nature of what they are actually doing, they must slosh through a swamp of poor taste to get to the mountain top.   Many times, the poor taste enbles the setting free.

You may have seen the great Mary Tyler Moore episode where she was trying to stifle her laughter at a funeral.  Not just a joke, but a whole episode.  They made a whole episode around this idea, and it was one of the more memorable.

yellow_crane

« Reply #35 on: February 02, 2008, 11:06:54 PM »
Yes, he was wrong to cave in to the thought police. He should have told them to mind their own fascist business.

Let me disssssssssstannnnnnnnncccccee  the post of mine which this one pretends to find supportive.

Rich

« Reply #36 on: February 02, 2008, 11:14:54 PM »
disssssssssstannnnnnnnncccccee ... kind of makes you sound like a snake. I guess if the shoe fits.

Rich

« Reply #37 on: February 06, 2008, 03:10:12 PM »
"Accidental" Pill over does Kills Ledger

By AMY WESTFELDT - Associated Press Writer

NEW YORK(AP) Heath Ledger died of an accidental overdose of painkillers, sleeping pills, anti-anxiety medication and other prescription drugs, the New York City medical examiner said Wednesday.

The cause of death was "acute intoxication by the combined effects of oxycodone, hydrocodone, diazepam, temazepam, alprazolam and doxylamine," spokeswoman Ellen Borakove said in a statement.

The drugs are the generic names for the painkiller OxyContin, the anti-anxiety drugs Valium and Xanax, and the sleep aids Restoril and Unisom. Hydrocodone is a prescription painkiller.

Borakove wouldn't say what concentrations of each drug were found in Ledger's blood, or whether one drug played a greater part than another in causing his death.

"What you're looking at here is the cumulative effects of these medications together," she said.

The ruling comes two weeks after the 28-year-old Australian-born actor was found dead in the bed of his rented SoHo apartment. Police found bottles of six types of prescription drugs in his bedroom and bathroom, and a rolled-up $20 bill near the bed.

Ledger's family returned to the actor's hometown of Perth, Australia, on Tuesday to prepare for his funeral. Arrangements were private.

In a statement released through Ledger's publicist, the actor's father, Kim, said Wednesday: "While no medications were taken in excess, we learned today the combination of doctor-prescribed drugs proved lethal for our boy. Heath's accidental death serves as a caution to the hidden dangers of combining prescription medication, even at low dosage."

sirs

• View Profile
  • Liked:
« Reply #38 on: February 06, 2008, 03:30:19 PM »
"Accidental" Pill over does Kills Ledger

By AMY WESTFELDT - Associated Press Writer

NEW YORK(AP) Heath Ledger died of an accidental overdose of painkillers, sleeping pills, anti-anxiety medication and other prescription drugs, the New York City medical examiner said Wednesday.  The cause of death was "acute intoxication by the combined effects of oxycodone, hydrocodone, diazepam, temazepam, alprazolam and doxylamine," spokeswoman Ellen Borakove said in a statement.

Wow....that's alot of medication.  I wonder why such powerful pain relievers   ???  OxyContin is ususally only prescribed for the most chronic and/or severe of pain, unable to be relieved with lesser po painkillers

« Last Edit: February 06, 2008, 04:27:00 PM by sirs »
"The worst form of inequality is to try to make unequal things equal." -- Aristotle

Rich

« Reply #39 on: February 06, 2008, 03:56:56 PM »
sirs,

When you take that many pain killers, anti-anxiety drugs, and sleeping pills all at once, you're doing it to either get high, or kill yourself.

kimba1

• View Profile
  • Liked:
« Reply #40 on: February 06, 2008, 04:11:38 PM »
how common is it for people to take this combination of drugs?
I`ve heard  people taking one the other but combinations
is this a new trend
I got no idea what people are doing drugwise today.
and as a celebrity,shouldn`t straght coke be enough?
and shouldn`t somebody be arrested?
no way should he be getting all these drugs legally.
unless he`s been saving them for this speacial day.
that`s one loss doctor

Rich

« Reply #41 on: February 06, 2008, 04:35:10 PM »
>> ... and as a celebrity,shouldn`t straght coke be enough? <<

LMAO!

You would think so wouldn't you?!?

I'm not a doctor (put I did stay at a Holiday Inn Express once), but I think any of those drugs taken together as perscribed wouldn't cause a problem. However, he took them all at once, and I'd be willing to bet he took them in larger quantities than perscribed also.

So he was either stupid, or really was trying to kill himself.

kimba1

• View Profile
  • Liked:
« Reply #42 on: February 06, 2008, 09:35:23 PM »
just a theory
he was in pain and the doctor prescribe low dosage of everything
so he started mixing to help manage the pain
modern medicine is known to not acknowledge pain can effect health negatively.
note the wording from the expert keep saying accidental to such a crazy mix of drugs
meaning this maybe a common occurance of people doing dangerous mixes.

sirs

• View Profile
  • Liked:
« Reply #43 on: February 06, 2008, 10:25:40 PM »
just a theory
he was in pain and the doctor prescribe low dosage of everything
so he started mixing to help manage the pain
modern medicine is known to not acknowledge pain can effect health negatively.

With all due respect Kimba, and again this is in reference to my earlier query, you don't prescribe OxyContin for "some pain".  It's one of the, if not THE most powerful pain medication, you can take orally.  You have to be in excruciating pain, the likes of which can't be addressed with anything less, to get it.

And that's just the 1 medication he had in his system

"The worst form of inequality is to try to make unequal things equal." -- Aristotle

_JS

• Salaires legers. Chars lourds.
    • View Profile
  • Liked:
« Reply #44 on: February 07, 2008, 01:37:54 PM »
I don't understand having two benzodiazepenes and two sleep aids all at the same time, let alone the pain killers.

That is an amazing cocktail of powerful medicines.
I smell something burning, hope it's just my brains.
They're only dropping peppermints and daisy-chains
   So stuff my nose with garlic
   Coat my eyes with butter
   Fill my ears with silver
   Stick my legs in plaster
   Tell me lies about Vietnam.