Author Topic: LITERALLY STUNNED!! HEATH LEDGER FOUND DEAD  (Read 21146 times)

sirs

• View Profile
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 0
Re: LITERALLY STUNNED!! HEATH LEDGER FOUND DEAD
« Reply #45 on: February 07, 2008, 01:58:08 PM »
I don't understand having two benzodiazepenes and two sleep aids all at the same time, let alone the pain killers.  That is an amazing cocktail of powerful medicines.

That's an understatement     :-\
"The worst form of inequality is to try to make unequal things equal." -- Aristotle

fatman

« Reply #46 on: February 10, 2008, 02:36:45 PM »
I'm wondering if he had one doctor give him all the prescriptions, or if there were more than one.  I know that a couple years ago when I had a stressful situation that was seriously impacting my health and sleep, I was on Valium, Xanax, trazodone, and Seroquel at the same time.  I came to the conclusion that the pills were worse than the underlying situation and weaned myself off of them, and haven't had anything than an occasional Vicodin in the last three years.

I do recall reading that Ledger had a serious sleeping disorder, I wonder if the meds he had were to address that?

Cynthia

« Reply #47 on: February 10, 2008, 02:51:50 PM »
Gosh, all those medications.....
Just the names scare me.
You know Fatman, we all have meds to take these days for one thing or another. ....Blood pressure, and thyroid, not to mention meds for menopause etc... (for me, anyway).....but, you know I wonder if Heath's doctors from one continent to another bothered to ask if any other MD was prescribing him medications. Did they check to see if that were the case? If so would they have realized the build up  could be toxic/deadly?

It's so easy for us to assume that doctors KNOW what they are doing..... and that the medications we take will do the job. I would think one med would do the job for sleeplessnes, for example-not three. .....but, people are dying. We only see the "Hollywood" people die before our eyes, but what about Joe/Jane Public?

Could it be that we don't bother to educate ourselves as to what is being prescribed. We just trust?
The ads on the tube seem to suggest miracles.....whether subconsciously or not, are they reaching into our minds to convince us that we will live in a Walgreens world?

Sad...that he had to die. Just plain sad.

Amianthus

• Bring on the flames...
    • View Profile
    • Mario's Home Page
  • Liked:
« Reply #48 on: February 10, 2008, 02:59:09 PM »
"One pill makes you larger
And one pill makes you small
And the ones that mother gives you
Don't do anything at all
Go ask Alice
When she's ten feet tall"
Do not anticipate trouble, or worry about what may never happen. Keep in the sunlight. (Benjamin Franklin)

Cynthia

« Reply #49 on: February 10, 2008, 05:55:11 PM »
Don't do anything at all
Go ask Alice

It's too late for Heath to go ask "Alice".....

Makes one wonder.,.,..,with the 60's pill changing revolution (birth control pills being one of the critical mass moments in time)....would were there pill popping self distructive people in Hollywoodland before the 60's?

Booze, yeah....and perhaps some pills...but this is becomingh a sign of the times....

kimba1

• View Profile
  • Liked:
« Reply #50 on: February 11, 2008, 01:12:10 AM »
actually drugs have pretty much always been around just the laws against them are new
drug abuse simply became noticable enough to make alaw against it.

but i never knew heath had a sleeping problem till this happen
as somebody who always has sleeping problems
I have to say I bwouldn`t be against taking that cocktail if it was superbad
I onetime stayed up for 3 days
it wasn`t painful but I definately would  take anything
if he was growing immune
it would makes sense to me.
I don`t know what those drugs feel like
but regular sleeping pills make me feel like crap and want to sleep some more to recover from the pills
so if those drug has any simular effects
he`s probly trying to mix  it to get certain effect
like I love that buzzing feeling as it take effect,it make me consciously shut down.
the gradual sleep is terrible,it feels like I`m still awake
lets just say be glad I don`t have access to drugs like heath
and i don`t have the personality to get addicted
nyqil is my friend

_JS

• Salaires legers. Chars lourds.
    • View Profile
  • Liked:
« Reply #51 on: February 14, 2008, 06:44:45 PM »
Don't do anything at all
Go ask Alice

It's too late for Heath to go ask "Alice".....

Makes one wonder.,.,..,with the 60's pill changing revolution (birth control pills being one of the critical mass moments in time)....would were there pill popping self distructive people in Hollywoodland before the 60's?

Booze, yeah....and perhaps some pills...but this is becomingh a sign of the times....

I don't know about Hollywood, but Sherlock Holmes enjoyed his heroin injections in the original tales by Sir Arthur Conan Doyle.

Also, I think that it was morphine that was favored by teetotalers as a "cure" for alcoholics.

Fatman, what is the point of two benzo's? (Valium and Xanax) I'm confused by that.
I smell something burning, hope it's just my brains.
They're only dropping peppermints and daisy-chains
   So stuff my nose with garlic
   Coat my eyes with butter
   Fill my ears with silver
   Stick my legs in plaster
   Tell me lies about Vietnam.

fatman

« Reply #52 on: February 14, 2008, 07:24:06 PM »
Fatman, what is the point of two benzo's? (Valium and Xanax) I'm confused by that.

I don't know what the point was JS, I do know that I did feel really good with all of that stuff.  Half the reason I weaned myself off was because I felt so good, anything that feels like that can't be good for you.  I do know that some doctors will prescribe two different MAOI's for depression, my situation and that one are probably somewhat similar.