Author Topic: Sometimes you just gotta shake your head...  (Read 5859 times)

Xavier_Onassis

• View Profile
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 0
Re: Sometimes you just gotta shake your head...
« Reply #15 on: February 13, 2008, 06:12:18 PM »
Regardless, larger dogs are friendly than smaller dogs. My GSD would immobilize people who came into the yard by rolling over onto their feet and beg for a tummy rub. It's only insecure people who think that "big" must be "mean."
===================================================================

Toy and miniature dogs are less friendly than big dogs, but smaller dogs like cockers and terriers and beagles can be just as friendly as large dogs.

Some large dogs are very friendly, but others are not. I tend to think that I would not wish to open the gate to go to the door of a person who had invited me over if the yard was full of Rotts and Dobers.

Training has a lot to do with the temperment of any dog, maybe as much as the breed. I tend to agree with most of that Tee said regarding dogs.
"Time flies like an arrow; fruit flies like a banana."

Michael Tee

• View Profile
  • Liked:
« Reply #16 on: February 13, 2008, 06:19:16 PM »
I renumbered a few times and no. 4 got lost in the shuffle.

Big dogs are OK if they're labs or . . . labs.

But I don't think I referred to big dogs - - it was powerful, menacing dogs.  As in German Shepherds, Rottweilers and dobes.  You gotta watch them more than a cocker spaniel.

Amianthus

• Bring on the flames...
    • View Profile
    • Mario's Home Page
  • Liked:
« Reply #17 on: February 13, 2008, 06:58:49 PM »
But I don't think I referred to big dogs - - it was powerful, menacing dogs.  As in German Shepherds, Rottweilers and dobes.  You gotta watch them more than a cocker spaniel.

And yet, more people go to the emergency room because they got attacked by a cocker than by a GSD, Rottie, or Dobie.
Do not anticipate trouble, or worry about what may never happen. Keep in the sunlight. (Benjamin Franklin)

Michael Tee

• View Profile
  • Liked:
« Reply #18 on: February 13, 2008, 07:34:12 PM »
<<And yet, more people go to the emergency room because they got attacked by a cocker than by a GSD, Rottie, or Dobie.>>

Even if that's true - - and I find it very hard to believe - - I think most people with really serious dog-bite injuries and most dog-bite fatalities are from German Shepherds, Rottweilers and dobes (AND pit bulls)

sirs

• View Profile
  • Liked:
« Reply #19 on: February 13, 2008, 07:36:32 PM »
ahhh, the famous "even if..." tactic, where even if Tee is wrong, he's really right, because he just is.  The arrogance is beyond exponential
"The worst form of inequality is to try to make unequal things equal." -- Aristotle

Michael Tee

• View Profile
  • Liked:
« Reply #20 on: February 13, 2008, 08:02:31 PM »
I didn't know that sirs was such a foe of the "even if" argument.  "Even if Bush made mistakes in the war, Gore would have done worse."  "Even if the U.S. isn't perfect, other countries are worse."  "Even if American medicine leaves some people uncovered, socialized medicine is worse."

I thought sirs liked the "even if" argument.  I wasn't aware that in the "sirs Handbook to the Rules of Debate" the "even-if" arguments had been declared illegitimate.  I'll try to remember next time.

sirs

• View Profile
  • Liked:
« Reply #21 on: February 13, 2008, 08:11:29 PM »
I didn't know that sirs was such a foe of the "even if" argument.  "Even if Bush made mistakes in the war, Gore would have done worse."  "Even if the U.S. isn't perfect, other countries are worse."  "Even if American medicine leaves some people uncovered, socialized medicine is worse."  I thought sirs liked the "even if" argument. 

Well, when you can present such examples of where I claimed that even if I'm wrong, I'm right, vs your twisted perceptions of what you think I think, you might actually have a leg to stand on

"The worst form of inequality is to try to make unequal things equal." -- Aristotle

Plane

• View Profile
  • Liked:
« Reply #22 on: February 13, 2008, 08:44:55 PM »

Michael Tee

• View Profile
  • Liked:
« Reply #23 on: February 13, 2008, 08:57:23 PM »
funny.

Michael Tee

• View Profile
  • Liked:
« Reply #24 on: February 13, 2008, 08:59:38 PM »
<<Well, when you can present such examples of where I claimed that even if I'm wrong, I'm right, vs your twisted perceptions of what you think I think, you might actually have a leg to stand on>>

Actually I think it's up to you to show one example where I claimed that even if I'm wrong I'm right.    Clue:  the example you started off with doesn't even come close.

Rich

« Reply #25 on: February 13, 2008, 09:37:38 PM »
>>ahhh, the famous "even if..." tactic, where even if Tee is wrong, he's really right, because he just is.  The arrogance is beyond exponential<<

The fact is, Plane is right about which dogs do the most biting. I've seen the stats. But hey, how could Uncle Mike be wrong?

VICIOUS!

Michael Tee

• View Profile
  • Liked:
« Reply #26 on: February 13, 2008, 09:43:28 PM »

<<The fact is, Plane is right about which dogs do the most biting. I've seen the stats. But hey, how could Uncle Mike be wrong?>>

Doing the most biting isn't inflicting the most damage.  My recollection of news reports is that the real serious injuries and the fatalities are almost always from big dogs.  I've read of more people fucked up by pit bulls and Rottweilers than by cocker spaniels and Scotch terriers.   Probably since ankle bites don't make the late night final.  But hey, that's just me - - what's my knowledge up against that  of the Dynamic Duo?

Plane

• View Profile
  • Liked:
« Reply #27 on: February 13, 2008, 09:49:53 PM »

<<The fact is, Plane is right about which dogs do the most biting. I've seen the stats. But hey, how could Uncle Mike be wrong?>>

Doing the most biting isn't inflicting the most damage.  My recollection of news reports is that the real serious injuries and the fatalities are almost always from big dogs.  I've read of more people fucked up by pit bulls and Rottweilers than by cocker spaniels and Scotch terriers.   Probably since ankle bites don't make the late night final.  But hey, that's just me - - what's my knowledge up against that  of the Dynamic Duo?

I am being misattributed. I actually think that ncreaseing the size and strength of the Dog increases the responsibility and liability of the Dogs master, no one should own a big powerfull dog unless they are wlling and able to spend the time it takes to make the creature controllable , and no one should own any dog that they can't care for.

Rich

« Reply #28 on: February 13, 2008, 09:51:33 PM »
>>Doing the most biting isn't inflicting the most damage.<<

See, this is what I mean. You'll make any stupid argument you can think of to support any stupid premise you can think of. Then you'll write 1000 words supporting your lunatic delusion and it always ends in George Bush is the devil and Amerikkka is full of fascists.

Seriously, have you been diagnosed as manic depressive? Because you sure act like one.

Get your mother to find some numbers on dog bites, dog fatalities, the weight and breed of said dogs, then get back to us, you raving fucking maniac.

sirs

• View Profile
  • Liked:
« Reply #29 on: February 13, 2008, 10:01:32 PM »
<<Well, when you can present such examples of where I claimed that even if I'm wrong, I'm right, vs your twisted perceptions of what you think I think, you might actually have a leg to stand on>>

Actually I think it's up to you to show one example where I claimed that even if I'm wrong I'm right.    Clue:  the example you started off with doesn't even come close.

Actually, it does.