Author Topic: President George Bush Kicking A$$  (Read 88215 times)

hnumpah

• You have another think coming. Use it.
    • View Profile
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 0
Re: President George Bush Kicking A$$
« Reply #75 on: May 22, 2008, 08:11:39 PM »
And ironically we have yet to be presented any examples of our President formally meeing with these terrorists & dictators....merely the term being tossed out, like that's all that was needed.  Sorry, it isn't

Only for an unread buffoon like yourself.

The Shah of Iran, with every president from FDR to Carter.

http://www.parstimes.com/history/shah_us/
"I love WikiLeaks." - Donald Trump, October 2016

sirs

• View Profile
  • Liked:
« Reply #76 on: May 22, 2008, 08:29:02 PM »
Nor was the Shah a dictator sponsoring/supporting a terrorist run country

Next

Oh, nice insulting BTW.  Lemme see...........nope, no personal insults from this end.  By all means, continue with the gutteresponses
"The worst form of inequality is to try to make unequal things equal." -- Aristotle

_JS

• Salaires legers. Chars lourds.
    • View Profile
  • Liked:
« Reply #77 on: May 22, 2008, 08:33:31 PM »

hmmm
I smell something burning, hope it's just my brains.
They're only dropping peppermints and daisy-chains
   So stuff my nose with garlic
   Coat my eyes with butter
   Fill my ears with silver
   Stick my legs in plaster
   Tell me lies about Vietnam.

Xavier_Onassis

• View Profile
  • Liked:
« Reply #78 on: May 22, 2008, 08:34:20 PM »
The Shah preferred to use terror in the form of torture on his own people. He had a very well-trained group of torturers known as SAVAK.

I don't really see a lot of difference. Torture is torture. Torture is terror.
"Time flies like an arrow; fruit flies like a banana."

fatman

« Reply #79 on: May 22, 2008, 08:35:42 PM »
In those pictures King Abdullah is holding the left hand of Ahmanutjob and Bush.  I thought touching someone's left hand was anathema to Arabs?

Rich

« Reply #80 on: May 22, 2008, 10:37:50 PM »
King Abdullah is now our enemy? When did that happen?

But really sirs, you have to remember that the people you're dealing with here consider the United States to be worse than any terrorist so they don't care if we prop up some butcher. In fact, they revel in it.

Plane

• View Profile
  • Liked:
« Reply #81 on: May 23, 2008, 12:10:07 AM »
In those pictures King Abdullah is holding the left hand of Ahmanutjob and Bush.  I thought touching someone's left hand was anathema to Arabs?

Not really , not in this circumstance.

When I was in the middle east I was warned that this was common to see men walking hand in hand down the street , and sure enough I did see it happen , to them it is just friendship.

Of course if seniority is involved the most senior will be on the right.

fatman

« Reply #82 on: May 23, 2008, 12:56:08 AM »
Thanks plane, I wasn't aware of that.  I was told never to use the left hand for a hand shake as it is considered "unclean".

Plane

• View Profile
  • Liked:
« Reply #83 on: May 23, 2008, 01:09:22 AM »
Thanks plane, I wasn't aware of that.  I was told never to use the left hand for a hand shake as it is considered "unclean".

If you shake hands use the right , if you are going walking and offer the left , you might be claiming senior status.

Don't offer food with the left , under any circumstance nor pick up you own food with the left.

Don't pat a child on the head and offer the child a compliment , this is the behavior of their fairy tale whiches, any compliment of a child should be immediately followed by a "god bless " elese you risk frightening the kid.

Get to know the person before you take any libertys , forgiveness of ignorance is an individual thing .

Xavier_Onassis

• View Profile
  • Liked:
« Reply #84 on: May 23, 2008, 01:19:52 AM »

But really sirs, you have to remember that the people you're dealing with here consider the United States to be worse than any terrorist so they don't care if we prop up some butcher.

Abdullah is the leader of a government that routinely spends billions building fundamentalist mosques all over the place. There were a lot of 9-11 bombers from Saudi Arabia I don;t think I will consider Abdullah my friend anymore than I though of the Shah as my buddy.
"Time flies like an arrow; fruit flies like a banana."

Plane

• View Profile
  • Liked:
« Reply #85 on: May 23, 2008, 01:25:40 AM »

But really sirs, you have to remember that the people you're dealing with here consider the United States to be worse than any terrorist so they don't care if we prop up some butcher.

Abdullah is the leader of a government that routinely spends billions building fundamentalist mosques all over the place. There were a lot of 9-11 bombers from Saudi Arabia I don;t think I will consider Abdullah my friend anymore than I though of the Shah as my buddy.

Isn't the Al Queda anti royalist in Saudi Arabia?

Plane

• View Profile
  • Liked:
« Reply #86 on: May 23, 2008, 06:14:09 AM »
Two others, holding hands in the way Afghan men often do when discussing intimate issues, joked about how little they were being paid and began quizzing Padron about his salary.

Asked afterwards if he thought all 10 would turn up for the scheduled three days of training, Padron didn't try to sugarcoat the situation. "No," he said without hesitation, a wry smile spreading across his face. "Probably not."

http://news.yahoo.com/s/nm/20080515/lf_nm/afghan_police_dc

Rich

« Reply #87 on: May 23, 2008, 09:08:23 AM »
>>Abdullah is the leader of a government that routinely spends billions building fundamentalist mosques all over the place.<<

So you're finally admitting that these mosques are dangerous and should be monitored?

hnumpah

• You have another think coming. Use it.
    • View Profile
  • Liked:
« Reply #88 on: May 27, 2008, 08:03:29 PM »
...no personal insults from this end.

Nah, just the passing accusation that I simply threw stuff up to see what would stick.

The Shah was a despot, thus meeting the criteria of your post, viz, US Presidents meeting with despots. Wriggle and squirm all you will, that, punky, is a fact.
"I love WikiLeaks." - Donald Trump, October 2016

sirs

• View Profile
  • Liked:
« Reply #89 on: May 27, 2008, 08:14:49 PM »
...no personal insults from this end.

Nah, just the passing accusation that I simply threw stuff up to see what would stick.

And even if that were the case, nothing remotely resembleling a personal insult or attack.  Or is your disposition so fragile, simple criticism requires such egregious insults in response.  From the likes of Tee, I'd understand.  Didn't think your skin was so thin.  Live and learn I guess

The Shah was a despot, thus meeting the criteria of your post, viz, US Presidents meeting with despots. Wriggle and squirm all you will, that, punky, is a fact.

My criteria required the country in question to be a government harboring terrorists, or the "despot" in question, advocating/supporting terrorist-like actions.  Your attempt to try and play "gotcha" with me is amusing in the least, but still in no way mandating personal insults in return.  Unless of course, as I've referenced, one's ego is so fragile, that knee-jerk personal attacks are necessary in response
"The worst form of inequality is to try to make unequal things equal." -- Aristotle