Author Topic: President George Bush Kicking A$$  (Read 88176 times)

Xavier_Onassis

• View Profile
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 0
Re: President George Bush Kicking A$$
« Reply #210 on: June 10, 2008, 08:21:30 AM »
After the election, we will have a rash of Juniorbushies following Scott McClellen publishing tell-all books elaborating how, who and when Juniorbush and Cheney cherry picked the intelligence and mongered an unnecessary war.

If the Europeans and the rest of gthe world had actually BELIEVED gthe crap Powell and others were spewing, they would have sent troops and donated money, as in the first Gulf War. But they didn't. They gave lip service to this crap, but they did not follow it with actions, other than the "New Europe" countries, which were bribed.

Face it slurs, Juniorbush knowingly mongered a war deceitfully. He should be thrown in jail along with Cheney, Rummy and the rest of his lying crew.

You were deceived and too damn stupid to realize it. You have been had. Be a man and admit it.
"Time flies like an arrow; fruit flies like a banana."

BT

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • DebateGate
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 3
« Reply #211 on: June 10, 2008, 11:11:00 AM »
Poor Fred Hiatt.  His salary depends on his not understanding the facts about all this, so I cut him some slack.

How very generous of you. Did you know the Washington Post pays the authorof your article also?

They must run a brothel there.

sirs

• View Profile
  • Liked:
« Reply #212 on: June 10, 2008, 11:47:03 AM »
After the election, we will have a rash of Juniorbushies following Scott McClellen publishing tell-all books elaborating how, who and when Juniorbush and Cheney cherry picked the intelligence and mongered an unnecessary war.  If the Europeans and the rest of gthe world had actually BELIEVED gthe crap Powell and others were spewing, they would have sent troops and donated money, as in the first Gulf War. But they didn't. They gave lip service to this crap, but they did not follow it with actions, other than the "New Europe" countries, which were bribed.

And we thank you for your purely speculative & unsubstantiated opinion on this Xo.  Didn't manage to refute any of the FACTS to the contrary presented, but your Bush bashing efforts are appreciated
"The worst form of inequality is to try to make unequal things equal." -- Aristotle

Xavier_Onassis

• View Profile
  • Liked:
« Reply #213 on: June 10, 2008, 12:41:12 PM »
You have not proved diddly, either.

The war was a mistake, and mongered improperly, and now a lot of people much better than Juniorbush and Cheney are dead and ruined for life.
"Time flies like an arrow; fruit flies like a banana."

sirs

• View Profile
  • Liked:
« Reply #214 on: June 10, 2008, 12:49:01 PM »

Actually I did.  Points A-E were all FACTS, though I admit that E is more of a conclusion based on A-D

The war was a mistake, and mongered improperly, and now a lot of people much better than Juniorbush and Cheney are dead and ruined for life.

And that is the difference between the facts I layed out, and your OPINION of what a mistake it supposedly was.  And here's a news flash, there were "a lot of people much better than you or I, who were killed & ruined for life" during WWII
"The worst form of inequality is to try to make unequal things equal." -- Aristotle

Cynthia

« Reply #215 on: June 10, 2008, 01:08:20 PM »
Poor Fred Hiatt.  His salary depends on his not understanding the facts about all this, so I cut him some slack.

Plane:"If not us then who?

Who and what is prepared to be the worlds policeman?'"

Who has money for gas for the squad car? Who has bread? How's our national grain storage, is it full?   Who has tires? Who has material to make tires?

http://www.nytimes.com/2008/06/08/us/08oil.html?_r=1&hp=&oref=slogin&adxnnlx=1212927508-Iqow4Mtu5vtV

We may be the land of plenty, but it isn't unending plenty.  There is plenty to do right here at home, plenty to invent, restore, etc.   Maybe next century we can be the World's Policeman again.   

Companies that make hard goods using raw materials derived from oil, like tires, toiletries, plastic packaging and computer screens, are watching their costs skyrocket, and they find themselves forced into unpleasant choices: Should they raise prices, shift to less costly procedures, cut workers, or all three?

One lemon is now 75 cents!
One bag of lemons at Cosco is now 8 bucks!

It may be too make lemonaide out of this fiasco.

BT

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • DebateGate
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 3
« Reply #216 on: June 10, 2008, 01:12:21 PM »

And this is related to the war, how?

Cynthia

« Reply #217 on: June 10, 2008, 01:16:28 PM »

Actually I did.  Points A-E were all FACTS, though I admit that E is more of a conclusion based on A-D

And that is the difference between the facts I layed out, and your OPINION of what a mistake it supposedly was.  And here's a news flash, there were "a lot of people much better than you or I, who were killed & ruined for life" during WWII

Omygod, you are comparing this war to WW2??

Sirs, get real.

There is no comparison...and frankly, AFTER the war in the European/Asia theaters came to an ALTo..., returning vets were offered a hell of a lot more here at home....... The GI bill for one.  

Cynthia

« Reply #218 on: June 10, 2008, 01:22:15 PM »

And this is related to the war, how?

The article came from Lanya's post. I am just quoting from it and making a comment.
Geezz talk about 'policing'

sirs

• View Profile
  • Liked:
« Reply #219 on: June 10, 2008, 01:33:31 PM »

Omygod, you are comparing this war to WW2??

Not quite.  I'm comparing war to war.  I'm comparing casualties to casuaties.  I'm referencing deaths of american soldiers and innocent civilians to deaths of american soldiers and innocent civilian.

There is no comparison.

Of course not.  Because if there was, even remotely, it'd really screw over the notion of how big a moron & incompotent Bush is supposed to be, and how terrible this war is supposed to be

Sirs, get real.

Cynthia, get objective

Cynthia

« Reply #220 on: June 10, 2008, 01:50:18 PM »
Sirs,

Prove to me that this war in Iraq is succeeding, in your own words, please.

sirs

• View Profile
  • Liked:
« Reply #221 on: June 10, 2008, 01:58:28 PM »
Been there, done that.
- Islamic Terrorist attacks down everywhere
- Support of Homicide bombers down
- Support of AlQeada by the Suuni populace down
- no attacks on U.S. soil since 911 (which is truely a shocker to me)
- MOST importantly (since it was never remotely possible to hunt down and kill every terrorist), the Muslim community is looking less and less supportive of militant Islam and its actions, even when aimed at the evil great satan, the U.S.  THAT's where the war will be won.  NOT by sheer military force, but by changing the hearts and minds of the Muslim comminity, as it relates to those who have hijacked their religion, mutated it, and in the name of Allah, kill anyone who's not converted or subjgated by Islam

Doesnt' equate to some raging success, far from it, so don't try pulling up all the negatives that have occured, and the attacks that still occur, and the deaths that still occur.  Point being that the surge is working, and the over all effect the war on Terror and in Iraq has had, is starting to pay huge dividends for the rest of the world

Cynthia

« Reply #222 on: June 10, 2008, 02:00:44 PM »
Doesn't prove a thing. Now google facts and numbers, please.

sirs

• View Profile
  • Liked:
« Reply #223 on: June 10, 2008, 02:04:40 PM »
Prove a negative, huh?  You don't want to believe it, fine.  No skin off my nose, especially since you obviously have no intention of being objective or recognizing current reality.  By all means, continue with the Blinded Bush bashing

Cynthia

« Reply #224 on: June 10, 2008, 02:05:18 PM »
Prove a negative, huh?  You don't want to believe it, fine.  No skin off my nose, especially since you obviously have no intention of being objective or recognizing current reality.  By all means, continue with the Blinded Bush bashing

I didn't think you could do it.

Prove that this war is working...give us numbers, data and facts, please.

Or you could bring BT in to help.
« Last Edit: June 10, 2008, 02:37:42 PM by Cynthia »