Author Topic: Inside The Numbers  (Read 3895 times)

hnumpah

• You have another think coming. Use it.
    • View Profile
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 0
Re: Inside The Numbers
« Reply #30 on: June 11, 2008, 08:45:42 AM »
Thanks to the anti-war movement, especially here in the states, it gave the enemy new momentum & drive, prolonging the war and death that much more.  Good job, guys

Thanks to the warmongering sonsabitches in the White House for starting the war to begin with.
"I love WikiLeaks." - Donald Trump, October 2016

Michael Tee

• View Profile
  • Liked:
« Reply #31 on: June 11, 2008, 11:57:50 AM »
<<If Al Queda manages finally to strike us in a big way again , will this help the doves or the hawks?>>

Well BT seems to think it'll tilt the election towards McCain.  I don't. 

A massive al Qaeda strike in Iraq would almost certainly send the U.S. public into a stampede for the exits.  The militarists have been setting themselves up for months with their "light at the end of the tunnel," "we're winning this thing" BS and a clear-cut demonstration to the contrary would just be final proof of the bankruptcy of the pro-war crowd.  Their credibility would be at an all-time low and McCain would be turfed out with the rest of the slime-balls.

A massive al-Qaeda strike on NYC would not be as clear-cut.  My own take on it would be, clearly the War Party's sole inducement (protection) has failed, clearly they have been on the wrong path, and more of their fascism will result only in more devastating attacks, which the War Party is obviously incapable of protecting us against.  However, another type of response is also possible:  "Why those rag-headed cock-sucking brown-skinned little camel-fuckers, HOW DARE THEY?  Obviously, we have not been tough enough on them before, so OK, no more Mr. Nice Guy, the gloves are comin' off."  You could get a deadly mix of good old-fashioned American racism joined with militarism and imperialism all combined into devasting attacks on all mid-East centres not yet formed into U.S. satellites.  Course, in the long run, that would all fit Al Qaeda's plan to a T - - radicalizing every fucking Arab not already radicalized and leading to a tidal wave of anti-government rebellion in all U.S. satellites in the ME and possibly elsewhere.

BT

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • DebateGate
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 3
« Reply #32 on: June 11, 2008, 09:28:39 PM »
A massive al Qaeda strike in Iraq would almost certainly send the U.S. public into a stampede for the exits.

In that case Obama would profit. It's all about knowing your customers.

Michael Tee

• View Profile
  • Liked:
« Reply #33 on: June 11, 2008, 11:26:13 PM »
<<In that case Obama would profit. It's all about knowing your customers.>>

I think it's pretty much a given that Tet in Iraq would work to Obama's benefit.  The real question is which candidate would benefit from a 9-11 repeat in Manhattan.

BT

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • DebateGate
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 3
« Reply #34 on: June 11, 2008, 11:34:47 PM »
The real question is which candidate would benefit from a 9-11 repeat in Manhattan.

I thought you had spun that in Obama's way . I suspect you were trying to have it both ways. I think you are wrong on both counts, but what do i know.

Tell you what.

If Obama comes out in favor of dismantling Homeland Security, I'll look at him closer.