Author Topic: The Obamas are elitists  (Read 7443 times)

R.R.

• View Profile
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 0
The Obamas are elitists
« on: October 17, 2008, 03:23:49 PM »
OBAMA'S FANCY SNACK

October 17, 2008 --

THOUGH he's battling GOP accusations that he's an Ivy League elitist, Barack Obama has a lifestyle of the rich and famous, like TV show host Robin Leach, who always signed off, "Champagne wishes and caviar dreams!" While he was at a meeting at the Waldorf-Astoria at 4 p.m. Wednesday, Michelle Obama called room service and ordered lobster hors d'oeuvres, two whole steamed lobsters, Iranian caviar and champagne, a tipster told Page Six

http://www.nypost.com/seven/10172008/gossip/pagesix/obamas_fancy_snack_133922.htm

Knutey

Re: The Obamas are elitists
« Reply #1 on: October 17, 2008, 03:32:40 PM »
OBAMA'S FANCY SNACK

October 17, 2008 --

THOUGH he's battling GOP accusations that he's an Ivy League elitist, Barack Obama has a lifestyle of the rich and famous, like TV show host Robin Leach, who always signed off, "Champagne wishes and caviar dreams!" While he was at a meeting at the Waldorf-Astoria at 4 p.m. Wednesday, Michelle Obama called room service and ordered lobster hors d'oeuvres, two whole steamed lobsters, Iranian caviar and champagne, a tipster told Page Six

http://www.nypost.com/seven/10172008/gossip/pagesix/obamas_fancy_snack_133922.htm

They deserve it. They have worked hard to kick your evil RWv asses. You are just upset that some of us can afford what you think is your birthright. Eat shit.

Michael Tee

• View Profile
  • Liked:
« Reply #2 on: October 17, 2008, 03:36:33 PM »
The economy has turned to shit, the war in Iraq is costing $10 billion a month with no end in sight, New Orleans is still flooded - - so the American voters will turn to some befuddled 72-year-old idiot who thinks the fundamentals of the economy are strong, that it's OK to stay in Iraq for 100 years, who doesn't even know how many homes he has - - and why?    because Obama's wife has a taste for lobster and caviar?

Wow, you guys must be in some kind of competition for the Nobel Prize of Weird.

Plane

• View Profile
  • Liked:
« Reply #3 on: October 17, 2008, 04:53:41 PM »
Lobster and caviar is symbolic of wealth, but I actually do not care.

Symbols are not bothering me , there are plenty of real concerns.

Michael Tee

• View Profile
  • Liked:
« Reply #4 on: October 17, 2008, 05:09:56 PM »
<<Lobster and caviar is symbolic of wealth, but I actually do not care.>>

What's it a symbol of when you don't know how many homes you have and it turns out to be seven or eight?  What's it a symbol of when you say the fundamentals of the economy are strong even when the roof is crashing down around your head?

You are certainly right not to care about symbols, because, symbolically, your man is fucked.

richpo64

« Reply #5 on: October 17, 2008, 05:14:04 PM »
It's not surprising that the symbolism here is lost on your BDS addled friends. Combine this with their attempted evisceration of one of the regular folks they cry crocodile tears over every election cycle and Americans are seeing who these people really are.

Polls are bearing this out.

Plane

• View Profile
  • Liked:
« Reply #6 on: October 17, 2008, 05:18:20 PM »
<<Lobster and caviar is symbolic of wealth, but I actually do not care.>>

What's it a symbol of when you don't know how many homes you have and it turns out to be seven or eight?  What's it a symbol of when you say the fundamentals of the economy are strong even when the roof is crashing down around your head?

You are certainly right not to care about symbols, because, symbolically, your man is fucked.

I wouldn't care if you were right , I am more worried that he might actually loose the election.

Xavier_Onassis

• View Profile
  • Liked:
« Reply #7 on: October 17, 2008, 06:17:03 PM »
I think "your man is f*cked rather suggests that he is doomed.

Don't feel too bad for McCain: he has six golfcarts, seven houses and all the free Budweiser he can drink. I think now he can probably get free Stella Artois as well.
"Time flies like an arrow; fruit flies like a banana."

richpo64

« Reply #8 on: October 17, 2008, 06:39:37 PM »
I wonder if Barry and the big gummed one will be able to afford the lobster and caviar back in Hide Park?

Sure, I'm sure Resco will pick up the tab.

Plane

• View Profile
  • Liked:
« Reply #9 on: October 17, 2008, 08:08:51 PM »
I think "your man is f*cked rather suggests that he is doomed.

Symbolicly?

Fine, ..

Actually?

and we will have to fight hard to preserve the constitution.

Xavier_Onassis

• View Profile
  • Liked:
« Reply #10 on: October 18, 2008, 02:58:48 PM »
I wonder if Barry and the big gummed one will be able to afford the lobster and caviar back in Hide Park?

That weird obsession with gums appears again.

Xavier_Onassis

• View Profile
  • Liked:
« Reply #11 on: October 18, 2008, 05:00:08 PM »
and we will have to fight hard to preserve the constitution.

===============================================
In what ways is McCain fighting hard to protect the Constitution?

The Republicans have tortured people, they want to deny a woman's control over her own body, they claim that they have the right to eavesdrop on our conversations without a warrant. I don't see that as protecting the Constitution.

R.R.

• View Profile
  • Liked:
« Reply #12 on: October 19, 2008, 02:00:45 AM »
In what ways is McCain fighting hard to protect the Constitution?

He will appoint judges to the federal judiciary who will strictly interpret the constitution rather than those who would stretch the constitution to mean whatever you would want it to mean.

Xavier_Onassis

• View Profile
  • Liked:
« Reply #13 on: October 19, 2008, 05:51:22 AM »
He will appoint judges to the federal judiciary who will strictly interpret the constitution rather than those who would stretch the constitution to mean whatever you would want it to mean.

That's bullshit. Total bullshit./ He will appoint cryptofascist assholes like Scalia and dolts like Thomas who will pursue their annoying ratwing agenda.

I'm having none of McCain. He's several steps backward from where my country needs to go. Screw him, and the horse he rode in on.

richpo64

« Reply #14 on: October 19, 2008, 03:38:31 PM »
>>That's bullshit. Total bullshit./ He will appoint cryptofascist assholes like Scalia and dolts like Thomas who will pursue their annoying ratwing agenda. I'm having none of McCain. He's several steps backward from where my country needs to go. Screw him, and the horse he rode in on.<<

Creative? Insightful?

I particularly like the term "ratwing" coming from Senior Yoda. Puts him right in their with knutty.