Author Topic: ......What does the left consider  (Read 12056 times)

sirs

• View Profile
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 0
......What does the left consider
« on: December 12, 2008, 02:25:56 PM »
....effective interrogation tactics?  Not what they believe doesn't work, or is wrong to do, or whatever comment they wish to make aimed at the current administration. 

What are effective interrogation tactics a liberal Democrat would advocate to pull out vital information, such as pending terrorist attack or locations to terrorist cells, that otherwise would not be forthcoming
"The worst form of inequality is to try to make unequal things equal." -- Aristotle

richpo64

Re: ......What does the left consider
« Reply #1 on: December 12, 2008, 03:10:08 PM »
Titty twisters are the best they have.

After that, Rosie O'Donnel singing homosexual love songs is about it.

Brassmask

• View Profile
  • Liked:
« Reply #2 on: December 12, 2008, 04:00:22 PM »
There is a new book out, as I'm sure you know, where an interrogator (using the pseudonym Matthew Alexander) spells out how torture is worthless for getting valid info.  He details how he and his team formed trustful relationships with detainees and it led to the capture of Zarquawi.  (I think that's who it was.)

Torture only works on "24", sirs. 

sirs

• View Profile
  • Liked:
« Reply #3 on: December 12, 2008, 04:07:42 PM »
so.......your answer to my question is........... ???.................form trustful relationships with some terrorists that were caught killing American soldiers or blowing up schools??

This is done, how again?

And the hypothetical terrorist attack that's going to hit us in 3 weeks, this "buidling of a trustful relationship" will be up and running in that matter of time, right?
« Last Edit: December 12, 2008, 04:42:51 PM by sirs »
"The worst form of inequality is to try to make unequal things equal." -- Aristotle

Brassmask

• View Profile
  • Liked:
« Reply #4 on: December 12, 2008, 04:50:31 PM »
so.......your answer to my question is........... ???.................form trustful relationships with some terrorists that were caught killing American soldiers or blowing up schools??

This is done, how again?

And the hypothetical terrorist attack that's going to hit us in 3 weeks, this "buidling of a trustful relationship" will be up and running in that matter of time, right?

That all sort of blows your mind, doesn't it?  That people talking to the netherworldly horrors that you have envisioned as "terrorists" could be talked into giving up their info.

It's true though and it works.

If your neighbor is playing loud music at night when you have to be at work at 6 am, screaming out the window at them only makes them turn it up louder.  Going over as you see them coming and going in the next couple of days and mentioning that you have to be at work at 6am and that music sure is loud and you'd appreciate it if some arrangement could be made so they can listen to their music and you could get your beauty z's is much better and gets results 100 times faster.

sirs

• View Profile
  • Liked:
« Reply #5 on: December 12, 2008, 04:59:36 PM »
so.......your answer to my question is........... ???.................form trustful relationships with some terrorists that were caught killing American soldiers or blowing up schools??  This is done, how again?

That all sort of blows your mind, doesn't it?  That people talking to the netherworldly horrors that you have envisioned as "terrorists" could be talked into giving up their info.  It's true though and it works.

Where?.....when?.....how long??  You saying it, and it happening in some form of definative time neceesary for the info to be beneficial, are 2 entirely different scenarios.

If your neighbor is playing loud music at night when you have to be at work at 6 am, ....

Ridiculous comparison, since my neighbor isn't a terrorist, nor do I want information from him.  If I want him to stop, I ask him to stop, then I call the police if he doesn't.  Can you get back on topic, please?

You claim that we need to form trustful relationships with some terrorists that were caught killing American soldiers or blowing up schools.  This is done, how again?

And the hypothetical terrorist attack that's going to hit us in 3 weeks, this "buidling of a trustful relationship" will be up and running in that matter of time.  Is that what you're claiming?  And that would be based on.................?

Brassmask

• View Profile
  • Liked:
« Reply #6 on: December 12, 2008, 05:13:43 PM »
so.......your answer to my question is........... ???.................form trustful relationships with some terrorists that were caught killing American soldiers or blowing up schools??  This is done, how again?

That all sort of blows your mind, doesn't it?  That people talking to the netherworldly horrors that you have envisioned as "terrorists" could be talked into giving up their info.  It's true though and it works.

Where?.....when?.....how long??  You saying it, and it happening in some form of definative time neceesary for the info to be beneficial, are 2 entirely different scenarios.

If your neighbor is playing loud music at night when you have to be at work at 6 am, ....

Ridiculous comparison, since my neighbor isn't a terrorist, nor do I want information from him.  If I want him to stop, I ask him to stop, then I call the police if he doesn't.  Can you get back on topic, please?

You claim that we need to form trustful relationships with some terrorists that were caught killing American soldiers or blowing up schools.  This is done, how again?

And the hypothetical terrorist attack that's going to hit us in 3 weeks, this "buidling of a trustful relationship" will be up and running in that matter of time.  Is that what you're claiming?  And that would be based on.................?

Who are you going to believe?  Your own cartoonish, 24-inspired world of hateful people who will kill you no matter what or interrogators who do it day in/day out and GET RESULTS?

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Matthew_Alexander

Try using your head for something other than a hat rack.

Plane

• View Profile
  • Liked:
« Reply #7 on: December 12, 2008, 05:22:24 PM »
http://www.npr.org/templates/story/story.php?storyId=97818033

He is interesting.

And his effectiveness ought to be looked into.

sirs

• View Profile
  • Liked:
« Reply #8 on: December 12, 2008, 05:27:13 PM »
Who are you going to believe?  Your own cartoonish, 24-inspired world of hateful people who will kill you no matter what or interrogators who do it day in/day out and GET RESULTS?

Couldn't answer the question, could ya.  And knute-lite insult to boot.  Gotta love the consistency at least

Brassmask

• View Profile
  • Liked:
« Reply #9 on: December 12, 2008, 05:31:41 PM »

Couldn't answer the question, could ya.  And knute-lite insult to boot.  Gotta love the consistency at least

Didn't check the link at all, did you?  How about Plane's link?  Anything?  Beuller?  Beuller?

Christians4LessGvt

• View Profile
    • "The Religion Of Peace"
  • Liked:
« Reply #10 on: December 12, 2008, 05:32:31 PM »
SIRS.....it's an "either or or" to them.

I did not see you say you were opposed to the "nice approach".

Sure the "nice approach" will work sometimes, just like the "tough approach" will work sometimes.

If the "nice pals-ey" way works fine.....but if it doesn't....then what?
Do you leave other tools on the table when anthrax is about to be spread on Brass's child?
Hell I know I wouldn't.....After the nice stuff....I'd move on to every tool available.

they only want to talk about the "nice approach" success & leave off all the times "nice" fails.
I know if I was at war and someone was using the tough approach with me there would be a point
where I could "spill the beans".....Brass can come up with as many books saying that I wouldn't
"spill the beans"......but reality speaks otherwise......I would if it got bad enough....and thats the point!

"Mr. Gorbachev, tear down this wall!" - Ronald Reagan - June 12, 1987

sirs

• View Profile
  • Liked:
« Reply #11 on: December 12, 2008, 07:30:23 PM »

Didn't check the link at all, did you?  How about Plane's link?  Anything?  Beuller?  Beuller?

Yea, I checked the link.  Care to provide any of the specifics I asked?   Buellor?  Buellor?  It's kinda like Tee pointing to some Vanity Fair Article as some supposed answer to a specific question.     ::)
« Last Edit: December 12, 2008, 10:21:19 PM by sirs »

richpo64

« Reply #12 on: December 12, 2008, 09:49:13 PM »
>>Torture only works on "24", sirs.<<

This is not true. I don't recall the bastards name ( looked like he was part ape, all hairy) but he was captured, water boarded, and he sang like a bird. Of course water boarding would be useless now. The democrats told the terrorists is was harmless.

Christians4LessGvt

• View Profile
    • "The Religion Of Peace"
  • Liked:
« Reply #13 on: December 12, 2008, 10:15:35 PM »
"This is not true. I don't recall the bastards name ( looked like he was part ape, all hairy)
but he was captured, water boarded, and he sang like a bird. Of course water boarding would
be useless now. The democrats told the terrorists is was harmless.

that would be none other than "Kuh-Leed Shake Muhammed"
waterboarded until he spilled the beans
now he needs the gas chamber!

Khalid Sheikh Mohammed
"Mr. Gorbachev, tear down this wall!" - Ronald Reagan - June 12, 1987

Plane

• View Profile
  • Liked:
« Reply #14 on: December 12, 2008, 10:29:44 PM »
I don't feel like a purist on this subject, the best result is what I want to hear about .

Matthew Alexander is claiming to get good results.

So , if the results are good enough and the price paid is smaller , his methods might be preferred by all concerned.