Author Topic: Did the CIA kill Bobby Kennedy?  (Read 83182 times)

Lanya

• View Profile
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 0
Did the CIA kill Bobby Kennedy?
« on: November 20, 2006, 08:32:59 PM »
http://www.guardian.co.uk/usa/story/0,,1952393,00.html

Did the CIA kill Bobby Kennedy?

In 1968, Robert Kennedy seemed likely to follow his brother, John, into the White House. Then, on June 6, he was assassinated - apparently by a lone gunman. But Shane O'Sullivan says he has evidence implicating three CIA agents in the murder

[.............]
Planned Parenthood is America’s most trusted provider of reproductive health care.

sirs

• View Profile
  • Liked:
Re: Did the CIA kill Bobby Kennedy?
« Reply #1 on: November 20, 2006, 11:04:37 PM »
No, I think that'd be Bush's fault        ;D
"The worst form of inequality is to try to make unequal things equal." -- Aristotle

BT

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • DebateGate
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 3
« Reply #2 on: November 21, 2006, 12:45:07 AM »
The CIA could kill the Kennedy's but they are too inept to have anything to do with Watergate or L'affaire Plame?

Lanya

• View Profile
  • Liked:
« Reply #3 on: November 21, 2006, 01:14:06 AM »
I gave up conspiracy theories years ago.  But this one's interesting.
Planned Parenthood is America’s most trusted provider of reproductive health care.

BT

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • DebateGate
  • Liked:
« Reply #4 on: November 21, 2006, 01:18:40 AM »
No more or less interesting than Dallas, Memphis. Havana or DC. Either things are as they appear to be or they aren't. And in the end , does it matter?

Michael Tee

• View Profile
  • Liked:
« Reply #5 on: November 21, 2006, 01:19:44 AM »
There were a few things that struck me about Bobby's murder.  
1.  Just like the killings of JFK, MLK and Walter Reuther, it was awfully convenient for anyone who didn't want to see America deviating from its path in the direction that those men appeared to want to steer it.

2.  The powder burns which the medical examiner felt couldn't have been inflicted from the distance that separated Bobby from Sirhan Sirhan.

3.  Sirhan's stated reason for killing RFK, that he favoured the Israelis over the Palestinians, when in fact Bobby had made no public pronouncement on the subject.

I ranked those factors in order of significance.  No. 1 was far and away the most significant - - there was a great social upheaval going on and three of the leaders who seemed most capable of changing America's direction were each assassinated by "lone nuts" acting on their own and the fourth, Walter Reuther, conveniently died in an "airplane accident."  GIVE ME A BREAK.

Brassmask

• View Profile
  • Liked:
« Reply #6 on: November 21, 2006, 11:48:46 AM »
Conspiracy theories are real.  Deep politics is real.

The Kennedy's were not killed by CIA directive.  They were killed by people who worked for the CIA and for reasons that weren't necessarily in the interests of the CIA itself but in the interests of those who did kill them who happened to work for the CIA and other agencies.

The Kennedy brothers were at the center of a circle of hate that was shared by numerous factions. 
CIA militant/black ops types who "watched their good men die" at the Bay of Pigs. 
Militant Anti-Castro Cubans who hated Kennedy for letting them be killed and captured at the Bay of Pigs.
Military Industrial Complex-types who didn't like Kennedy messing with their bread and butter war that was making them billions. 
Right-wing hate groups who didn't like Kennedy's overtures toward the civil rights movement. 
LBJ who didn't like the Kennedy's rich-boy attitudes. 
Nixon who was still stinging from his election being stolen in Chicago. 
Hoover who didn't want to be canned by the Kennedy's. 
Then you had Dulles, Bissell and Cabel who didn't like being shitcanned by two young punks. 
The MOB who wanted to be back in Cuba running the place and who really hated Bobby because his dad had promised to go easy on the mob if they helped swing that Chicago thing and he had then immediately started going after them harder than anyone had since Elliott Ness. 
Right-wing fascists types who didn't like the way the country was starting to lean left and on a slippery slope to communism. 
(And it is my opinion that the Secret Service guys who were protecting him were disgusted by A) his weakness for the broads and the way he treated Jackie and B) his rich-boy attittude.  But that's just a hunch on my part.)

Now, you take all these people who hated Bobby and Jack and tell me they couldn't kill the Kennedy's?  Conspiracies are real.  Deep politics is real.  This is all going on under the skin of America.  It's not like they have to have memos spelling out where someone is going to stand and how Oswald and Sirhan are going to take the fall.  They just do it.

These black ops types are taught to think independently within a scheme.  They go off the reservation when they want to.  Sure, if the CIA or somebody wants the president of Mugabi whacked, the military or somebody just goes and asks Joe if he wants to take the job.  If someone wants the POTUS whacked, that's a whole 'nother can of worms.  Even if "somebody" asks someone to whack the POTUS, not everyone is going to say yes no matter how willing they are to follow orders.  That's going to have to require (or it would be easier if that) someone is personally hateful towards that target.  Like a Frank Sturgis or a David Sanchez Morales.  And with all these groups that hate Kennedy, these factions, they're not going to be able to put together a team (or cells) to do the job?

Come on.

Common sense tells you a conspiracy is at work if you just look at all the things that happened.  The only way to discount different aspects, say like Jack Ruby killing Oswald to save Jackie from having to testify (come on), is to compartmentalize all the events and explain them away.  But all of it together?  No way.

Jack Ruby worked for Nixon.  Jack Ruby was mob.  Jack Ruby was identified with Ferrie and Oswald.  Jack Ruby was placed at Dealey Plaza by more than one witness.  Jack Ruby behaved like a robot after he killed Oswald.

So, this is the one guy who gets into the garage with a gun and takes out Oswald (or perhaps he didn't, perhaps Oswald was shot in the ambulance on the way to Parkland.  Reporters claim to have not seen any blood on Oswald before he got into the ambulance)?

So, when this new reporter (who according to some boards is nearly beyond reproach) thinks he knows who killed Bobby, I'm inclined to see what he has to say.

(PS.  The whole RFK assassination is riddled with the same kind of bullshit that the JFK murder was.  More bullet holes than Sirhan had bullets.  Powder burns on RFK when Sirhan was in front of him and too far to burn.  Evidence destroyed.  The whole nine yards.)

Lanya

• View Profile
  • Liked:
« Reply #7 on: November 21, 2006, 08:52:53 PM »
About RFK.....I didn't know most of that, Brass. 

I read just about every book that came out in those days pertaining to the JFK assassination, and  completely believed that there had been a conspiracy.   Which one, was the hard question, the unknowable.  But later...more reading, and I just didn't think it held up. 
It IS fascinating, though. 

Xavier_Onassis

• View Profile
  • Liked:
« Reply #8 on: November 21, 2006, 09:31:21 PM »
Bobby Kennedy would have ended the Vietnam War, and with it, a sh*tload of arms sales. He was the onre politician that could have rallied the public around the idea of just leaving Vietnam, much as DeGaulle was the only French leader who could have extracted France from Algeria.

Sirhan didn't have that much of a motive: there are NO American presidential candidates who EVER have been anything but pro-Israeli. This was true of Nixon, Humphrey,McCarthy, Romney, Wallace everyone who was running that year. No US presidental aspirant in history has ever been anything but pro Israeli, except Pat Buchanon.

I observe that Sirhan is still in prison and NOTHING was heard of his ideas since the assasasination. Not one word. There was very little mentioned about him, nothing at all if you compare his history to that of Lee Harvey Osward.

Sirhan means "wanderer" in Arabic, or perhaps "nomad".

I am thinking that this was almost certtainly a conspiracy.

I campaigned in Oregon for Gene McCarthy. We won, too.
We thought at the time that Bobby was a bit of a hipocrite for waiting for McCarthy to prove that LBJ was beatable before entering the race. But we knew he was much more likely to win the election than McCarthy or Humphrey.

Humphrey was a nice fellow but he had a voice like a screaming chicken and was too much of a suck-up to LBJ. Nixon, or course was the nightmare candidate, and the bad thing is that it took six years for the assh*le public to realize what an evil devious phoney Nixon was.
"Time flies like an arrow; fruit flies like a banana."

Brassmask

• View Profile
  • Liked:
« Reply #9 on: November 22, 2006, 01:33:15 PM »
lanya,

I was just reading yesterday that George Plimpton said that Sirhan had a pleasant and calm look on his face whilst people were bringing him down.

His diary had odd pages that were interjected between banal, everyday pages.  Sirhan claims that he must have written them but could not recall having done it.  Also, the odd pages were filled with "I must kill RFK" in different forms over and over again but a couple of them had the words "port wine" on them in two or three spots.

The weird thing is that Sirhan claims that he couldn't remember actually killing RFK and that the last thing he remembered was a cute girl asking him for a glass of wine at the Ambassador and the next he knew, people were on top of him and beating him.

Sirhan had an eight shot pistol of some kind.  More than eight bullets were taken out of victims.  More bullets were found in the walls.  Up to 12 total.  there is speculation that he never even fired real shots, just blanks.

There is also the bizarre story of a woman running out of the building gleefully stating "We shot him!" as she was joined by a young man.  The woman was dark-haired, fair skinned with an "odd nose".  She was asked by two different people "Who was shot?" and she told both people the same thing.  "Senator Kennedy".  One of the people who had this exchange with the woman who were a polka dot dress was a young woman who was continually harangued by a man who was supposed to give her a polygraph test.  The recordings of it are pretty shocking.

Add to all this that there were three CIA agents who were based on the other side of planet and had no orders to be in California that day and it's just plainly conspiracy.  Not to mention, the local investigators who put on a big show about setting up a special operation to investigate the assassination, blew the whole thing by losing large amounts of the evidence including the wood from the walls where the other bullets were found.

The autopsy carried out by Coroner Thomas Noguchi showed that Senator Kennedy had been shot three times. One shot entered the head behind the right ear, a second shot near the right armpit and a third roughly one and a half inches below the second. All shots entered the body at a sharply upward angle, moving slightly right to left. These shots are incompatible with eyewitness reports of the shooting. Sirhan had no access to the Senator's rear, and Kennedy never turned more than sideways to Sirhan. In addition, Sirhan fired with his arm parallel to the floor, i.e. straight ahead. Maitre d' Karl Uecker, who had been leading Kennedy forward by the right hand at the time the shooting started, grappled Sirhan after his second shot and pushed the gun away. All these points, as well as the fact that the gun was one and a half to six feet from Kennedy, prove that Sirhan could not have inflicted the fatal wounds to the Senator.

http://homepages.tcp.co.uk/~dlewis/compl.htm

This was parapolitics, pure and simple.  Just like JFK.  Just like 9.11.

BT

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • DebateGate
  • Liked:
« Reply #10 on: November 22, 2006, 01:39:48 PM »
If all this is true and all these dark forces are at work, does it really matter who is elected, does it really even matter if we vote?

sirs

• View Profile
  • Liked:
« Reply #11 on: November 22, 2006, 01:41:27 PM »
http://homepages.tcp.co.uk/~dlewis/compl.htm

This was parapolitics, pure and simple.  Just like JFK.  Just like 9.11.

::)

Boy, the air must have been thin for a long time, in Brassland   
"The worst form of inequality is to try to make unequal things equal." -- Aristotle

Brassmask

• View Profile
  • Liked:
« Reply #12 on: November 22, 2006, 02:15:52 PM »
If all this is true and all these dark forces are at work, does it really matter who is elected, does it really even matter if we vote?

Seriously, it is a conversation that I have had with myself for several election cycles.  Mainly since 2000, of course.  It is a real concern to me.

I have to opt for a Pascal's Wager on voting.  I want it to be valid.  I want to think that Democracy is alive and well and that they really can't steal every election nor can some group or force kill every elected official that won't do "their" bidding but I see things like what happened in Florida in 2000 and Ohio in 2004 and in Dealey Plaza nearly exactly 43 years ago this very minute and at the Ambassador Hotel in 1968 and I can't help thinking that there is nothing but futility in voting.

It always comes off shrill and a little kooky when I post about these things but there is validity to it, if not for the everyone, for me.

Parapolitics can't work every time because that would be open fascism and somebody'd wind up hanged on the White House lawn that's why it is done under cover.

Nobody can believe that either of the Kennedy's were killed by one lone gunman without some serious ostrichism.  The amount of coincidences in the JFK thing is impossible.

But back to voting, for me, it can only be a hope-for-the-best, expect-the-worst type of situation.  Perhaps if so many people vote then it is impossible for the election to be stolen.  People-powered politics can defeat "them".  Not that there is a group of people who control everything.  That would be just plain crazy!

;)

Brassmask

• View Profile
  • Liked:
« Reply #13 on: November 22, 2006, 04:52:12 PM »
You have got to see this.

A stabilized version of the Zapruder film.

http://blogfiles.wfmu.org/KF/0512/zapruder_-_stable.mov

Lanya

• View Profile
  • Liked:
« Reply #14 on: November 22, 2006, 06:01:59 PM »

They do what they must do, we can do what we can do.  That's all we can do.