Author Topic: A Review of Saul Alinsky?s Rules for Radicals  (Read 2898 times)

Michael Tee

• View Profile
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 0
Re: A Review of Saul Alinsky?s Rules for Radicals
« Reply #15 on: March 12, 2010, 02:49:53 AM »
<<Undoubtedly you are either clueless, or spewing liberal talking points, or have your head buried in the sand but in today's world our children are brainwashed more than any previous time in our history.>>

<< From Obama . . .>>

Ridiculous.  American children are NOT being brainwashed about Obama.

<< . . . to Homosexuality>>

nor abour homosexuality

<< . . . sex,>>

nor about sex

<< . . .  environment >>

nor about environment, unless you count making them aware of pollution caused by letting your car idle

<<you name it our kids are being molded by liberalism >>

That is the most ridiculous crap I can imagine.  They're molded by conservative bullshit including a pledge of allegiance which some conservative assholes defiled by inserting the name of God into it in total defiance of the First Amendment.  Talk about brainwashing?  THAT is brainwashing.

<<all the while when asked simple questions like how many states are there, what is the capital of Rhode Isalnd or other easy questions they can't answer them.>>

Well my six-year-old grandson might not know the capital of Rhode Island, but he and his class just took a tour of the Museum of Natural History this week in Manhattan and he just told me all about Lucy and the model he saw of her there.  So if you want to call that liberal brainwashing, you go right ahead, but when I was six, I didn't know a single God-damn thing about evolution, had never been on a school trip to a museum and nobody ever dreamed of showing me life-size models of Lucy or any other hominid.  And I will tell you, he'll know the capital of Rhode Island too, as soon as his school thinks he needs to.

<<Even Obama thinks we have 57 states. >>

No sir, he does  not.

<<Today we spend (waste) more money than ever undereducated our children. >>

Spend more.

<<Sure we have teachers making $130,000 a year . . . >>

BFD.  You've got fucking STOCKBROKERS making ten times that just for bonuses.  You got HOCKEY PLAYERS making 20 times that.  Stop whining about what teachers get paid.  It ain't much and you should be ashamed of it.  The criminals who run your health insurance industry can buy and sell a thousand teachers a week and they fuck the public up the ass every day, robbing the sick and the dying.

<<but our kids aren't getting a proper education! >>

You have unacknowledged social (i.e. racial) problems that are still impacting upon education.  You want to blame teachers for what are essentially societal failures that your country is too fucking cheap and/or racist to fix.     

<<We have to import engineers from India because our kids are not being properly educated so don't act like you know more about this than me the proof and statistics are glaring -- all you have to do is open your eyes.>>

Every year millions live and die in your slums knowing they'll never have a chance.  Shitty schools, shitty economic system, shitty public and private values.  You neglect your human potential with some kind of blame-the-victim psychology while extolling the natural virtues of the rich who don't have to work for anything and yet you are wondering why your country has to import engineers.  Hilarious.  Look to your own backyard, my friend.  Take care of your own people first.

BT

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • DebateGate
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 3
« Reply #16 on: March 12, 2010, 03:27:27 AM »
Take care of your own people first.

Not a bad idea. Start with your own family, then extended family, then neighborhood, then continue outward as personal resources permit.

sirs

• View Profile
  • Liked:
« Reply #17 on: March 12, 2010, 03:33:32 AM »
touche'
"The worst form of inequality is to try to make unequal things equal." -- Aristotle

Religious Dick

• Drunk, drunk, drunk in the gardens and the graves
    • View Profile
  • Liked:
« Reply #18 on: March 12, 2010, 08:15:30 AM »
Take care of your own people first.

Not a bad idea. Start with your own family, then extended family, then neighborhood, then continue outward as personal resources permit.

Wouldn't that be discriminating?  We're all equal, after all. ;)
I speak of civil, social man under law, and no other.
-Sir Edmund Burke

Michael Tee

• View Profile
  • Liked:
« Reply #19 on: March 12, 2010, 10:58:03 AM »
<<Not a bad idea. Start with your own family, then extended family, then neighborhood, then continue outward as personal resources permit.>>

Radical concept.  ME FIRST.  The essence of fucking capitalism.  Take a look around you.  Howzit workin out?  Did I just hear someone complaining about having to import engineers from Asia?

LMFAO.  Keep it up, guys.  What was that definition of insanity?  Repeating the same thing over and over and expecting to somehow get a different result the next time?

BT

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • DebateGate
  • Liked:
« Reply #20 on: March 12, 2010, 01:16:45 PM »
Radical concept.  ME FIRST.  The essence of fucking capitalism.

Nothing radical about it. The family is the basic political unit. Economic systems have little to do with it.

sirs

• View Profile
  • Liked:
« Reply #21 on: March 12, 2010, 05:26:29 PM »
But....but..... the problem Bt, is that the family doesn't get to decide that.  Others, who just know better than the rest of us, get to decide who the "family" is to be, and who's going to take care of them.
"The worst form of inequality is to try to make unequal things equal." -- Aristotle

Xavier_Onassis

• View Profile
  • Liked:
« Reply #22 on: March 12, 2010, 06:12:19 PM »
Nothing radical about it. The family is the basic political unit. Economic systems have little to do with it.

=================================================================================
Nothing radical at all.

The French coinage has always had the legend " Liberté Egalité Fraternité stamped on it. The same has been printed on every bill.

EXCEPT when the Germans took over half the country and left the rest to the right wing Vichy regime.

Their Motto:  Patrie Travaille  Famillie. (Fatherland, Work, Family)./

Not radical at all. You are in appropriate company
"Time flies like an arrow; fruit flies like a banana."

BT

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • DebateGate
  • Liked:
« Reply #23 on: March 12, 2010, 06:30:36 PM »
Yet national mottos have little to do with my statement.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_national_mottos Most of which are theocratic in nature.

Try refuting instead of snarking.

It furthers the debate.

Amianthus

• Bring on the flames...
    • View Profile
    • Mario's Home Page
  • Liked:
« Reply #24 on: March 12, 2010, 06:46:53 PM »
The French coinage has always had the legend " Liberté Egalité Fraternité stamped on it. The same has been printed on every bill.

For certain values of "always".
Do not anticipate trouble, or worry about what may never happen. Keep in the sunlight. (Benjamin Franklin)

sirs

• View Profile
  • Liked:
« Reply #25 on: March 12, 2010, 07:01:52 PM »
Yet national mottos have little to do with my statement.  Most of which are theocratic in nature.  Try refuting instead of snarking.  It furthers the debate.

I'll 2nd the motion

Kramer

• Repeal ObamaCare
    • View Profile
  • Liked:
« Reply #26 on: March 12, 2010, 07:53:52 PM »
<<Undoubtedly you are either clueless, or spewing liberal talking points, or have your head buried in the sand but in today's world our children are brainwashed more than any previous time in our history.>>

<< From Obama . . .>>

Ridiculous.  American children are NOT being brainwashed about Obama.

<< . . . to Homosexuality>>

nor abour homosexuality

<< . . . sex,>>

nor about sex

<< . . .  environment >>

nor about environment, unless you count making them aware of pollution caused by letting your car idle

<<you name it our kids are being molded by liberalism >>

That is the most ridiculous crap I can imagine.  They're molded by conservative bullshit including a pledge of allegiance which some conservative assholes defiled by inserting the name of God into it in total defiance of the First Amendment.  Talk about brainwashing?  THAT is brainwashing.

<<all the while when asked simple questions like how many states are there, what is the capital of Rhode Isalnd or other easy questions they can't answer them.>>

Well my six-year-old grandson might not know the capital of Rhode Island, but he and his class just took a tour of the Museum of Natural History this week in Manhattan and he just told me all about Lucy and the model he saw of her there.  So if you want to call that liberal brainwashing, you go right ahead, but when I was six, I didn't know a single God-damn thing about evolution, had never been on a school trip to a museum and nobody ever dreamed of showing me life-size models of Lucy or any other hominid.  And I will tell you, he'll know the capital of Rhode Island too, as soon as his school thinks he needs to.

<<Even Obama thinks we have 57 states. >>

No sir, he does  not.

<<Today we spend (waste) more money than ever undereducated our children. >>

Spend more.

<<Sure we have teachers making $130,000 a year . . . >>

BFD.  You've got fucking STOCKBROKERS making ten times that just for bonuses.  You got HOCKEY PLAYERS making 20 times that.  Stop whining about what teachers get paid.  It ain't much and you should be ashamed of it.  The criminals who run your health insurance industry can buy and sell a thousand teachers a week and they fuck the public up the ass every day, robbing the sick and the dying.

<<but our kids aren't getting a proper education! >>

You have unacknowledged social (i.e. racial) problems that are still impacting upon education.  You want to blame teachers for what are essentially societal failures that your country is too fucking cheap and/or racist to fix.     

<<We have to import engineers from India because our kids are not being properly educated so don't act like you know more about this than me the proof and statistics are glaring -- all you have to do is open your eyes.>>

Every year millions live and die in your slums knowing they'll never have a chance.  Shitty schools, shitty economic system, shitty public and private values.  You neglect your human potential with some kind of blame-the-victim psychology while extolling the natural virtues of the rich who don't have to work for anything and yet you are wondering why your country has to import engineers.  Hilarious.  Look to your own backyard, my friend.  Take care of your own people first.

Looks like the others stepped in and slapped you down before I could respond. I concur with all the normal (rational/sane) people.

Plane

• View Profile
  • Liked:
« Reply #27 on: March 12, 2010, 08:04:56 PM »
If one is useing methods of coercion as reccomended by Saul Alinsky , should one expect simular  methods to be used in return?

If you were to pack all of the symphonys with gassy "patrons" would it be fair in return for the city under attack to zone the neighborhood upwind of yours for chicken ranches?

If turnabout is fair play , then the golden rule becomes a good idea for people with enlightened self intrest on their mind.

Martin Luther King Jr. used a sort of protest in which masses of perfectly innocent people did reasonable but forbidden things. Encourageing order and disapline it became quit evident that the enfocers of the unreasonable law were the less disaplined and less orderly party in the argument.

If Saul Alinsky was advocateing that people in mass do leagal but disgusting things the result might be a lot of political leverage but it would come with a large helping of rancor and reinforcement of bad steriotypeing.

I imagine that Saul Alinskys methods might work for Tea Partyers, but are they the best ideas?

Michael Tee

• View Profile
  • Liked:
« Reply #28 on: March 12, 2010, 08:13:20 PM »
<<Try refuting instead of snarking.

<<It furthers the debate. >>

The debate was furthered when the fascistic nature of your "family values" ethic was pointed out to you.  At that point you could have defended the idea of fascism itself at least with regard to its alleged pro-family attitude, you could have taken issue with the idea that fascism was universally "pro-family" - - just for the hell of it, I looked up fascism and sexuality in Wikipedia, where the theory was advanced that at some point the Nazis seemed to be OK with sexual promiscuity if it promised to introduce more new Aryans into the world - - but instead you chose not to address the argument at all and sniffed that it was "snarking" rather than debating.

Personally, I think that you were taking a huge backward step when you argued for family and friends over collectivism.  Collectivism, as for example under communism, is a giant step forward in human relations because it recognizes not only the commonality of interests that links all the people together but also the strength that results from united popular action against the handful of selfish, greedy, individualistic plutocratic bloodsuckers who traditionally have ruled capitalist societies, yours and mine in particular.

Kramer

• Repeal ObamaCare
    • View Profile
  • Liked:
« Reply #29 on: March 12, 2010, 08:14:49 PM »
If one is useing methods of coercion as reccomended by Saul Alinsky , should one expect simular  methods to be used in return?

If you were to pack all of the symphonys with gassy "patrons" would it be fair in return for the city under attack to zone the neighborhood upwind of yours for chicken ranches?

If turnabout is fair play , then the golden rule becomes a good idea for people with enlightened self intrest on their mind.

Martin Luther King Jr. used a sort of protest in which masses of perfectly innocent people did reasonable but forbidden things. Encourageing order and disapline it became quit evident that the enfocers of the unreasonable law were the less disaplined and less orderly party in the argument.

If Saul Alinsky was advocateing that people in mass do leagal but disgusting things the result might be a lot of political leverage but it would come with a large helping of rancor and reinforcement of bad steriotypeing.

I imagine that Saul Alinskys methods might work for Tea Partyers, but are they the best ideas?

True, I'm going to round up a bunch of disgustingly fat ugly white women that already stink, feed them free beans, then about 2 hours later take them to see the black musical Ain't Misbehavin'.