Author Topic: A Review of Saul Alinsky?s Rules for Radicals  (Read 2890 times)

Plane

• View Profile
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 0
Re: A Review of Saul Alinsky?s Rules for Radicals
« Reply #30 on: March 12, 2010, 08:20:41 PM »
If one is useing methods of coercion as reccomended by Saul Alinsky , should one expect simular  methods to be used in return?

If you were to pack all of the symphonys with gassy "patrons" would it be fair in return for the city under attack to zone the neighborhood upwind of yours for chicken ranches?

If turnabout is fair play , then the golden rule becomes a good idea for people with enlightened self intrest on their mind.

Martin Luther King Jr. used a sort of protest in which masses of perfectly innocent people did reasonable but forbidden things. Encourageing order and disapline it became quit evident that the enfocers of the unreasonable law were the less disaplined and less orderly party in the argument.

If Saul Alinsky was advocateing that people in mass do leagal but disgusting things the result might be a lot of political leverage but it would come with a large helping of rancor and reinforcement of bad steriotypeing.

I imagine that Saul Alinskys methods might work for Tea Partyers, but are they the best ideas?

True, I'm going to round up a bunch of disgustingly fat ugly white women that already stink, feed them free beans, then about 2 hours later take them to see the black musical Ain't Misbehavin'.

Oh no , please don' tell anyone I told you to do that!

An attitude of mutual respect would hardly be advanced in this way, which is the point I was hopeing to make against the Alinsky method.

Amianthus

• Bring on the flames...
    • View Profile
    • Mario's Home Page
  • Liked:
« Reply #31 on: March 12, 2010, 08:23:10 PM »
"It cannot be said too often - at any rate, it is not being said nearly often enough - that collectivism is not inherently democratic, but, on the contrary, gives to a tyrannical minority such powers as the Spanish Inquisitors never dreamt of."

George Orwell.
Do not anticipate trouble, or worry about what may never happen. Keep in the sunlight. (Benjamin Franklin)

Kramer

• Repeal ObamaCare
    • View Profile
  • Liked:
« Reply #32 on: March 12, 2010, 08:45:46 PM »
If one is useing methods of coercion as reccomended by Saul Alinsky , should one expect simular  methods to be used in return?

If you were to pack all of the symphonys with gassy "patrons" would it be fair in return for the city under attack to zone the neighborhood upwind of yours for chicken ranches?

If turnabout is fair play , then the golden rule becomes a good idea for people with enlightened self intrest on their mind.

Martin Luther King Jr. used a sort of protest in which masses of perfectly innocent people did reasonable but forbidden things. Encourageing order and disapline it became quit evident that the enfocers of the unreasonable law were the less disaplined and less orderly party in the argument.

If Saul Alinsky was advocateing that people in mass do leagal but disgusting things the result might be a lot of political leverage but it would come with a large helping of rancor and reinforcement of bad steriotypeing.

I imagine that Saul Alinskys methods might work for Tea Partyers, but are they the best ideas?

True, I'm going to round up a bunch of disgustingly fat ugly white women that already stink, feed them free beans, then about 2 hours later take them to see the black musical Ain't Misbehavin'.

Oh no , please don' tell anyone I told you to do that!

An attitude of mutual respect would hardly be advanced in this way, which is the point I was hopeing to make against the Alinsky method.

Isn't mutual respect a two-way street? I just had another idea. How about a bunch of hunters get together and go on hunting trip, kill a bunch of animals, then barge into a PETA convention and pass out free carcasses and glasses of blood.

or crash a Global Warming meeting wearing shirts that say "Al Gore Exhales More Co2 Than Me"

Plane

• View Profile
  • Liked:
« Reply #33 on: March 13, 2010, 10:47:05 PM »
I think that the Saul Alinsky method is becomeing a short route to un-civilisation.

If tit begets tat what halts escalation?

Kramer

• Repeal ObamaCare
    • View Profile
  • Liked:
« Reply #34 on: March 13, 2010, 11:24:32 PM »
I think that the Saul Alinsky method is becomeing a short route to un-civilisation.

If tit begets tat what halts escalation?

yes it is a barbaric approach -- ironic because so many on the left feel themselves to be more civilized, educated, all knowing and smarter than the rest of us.