Author Topic: New Tribe Rising?  (Read 4426 times)

Plane

• View Profile
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 0
Re: New Tribe Rising?
« Reply #45 on: April 25, 2010, 11:52:00 PM »
<<But you can accept unproven evidence as established if it is the right flavor.>>

Well, that's just how  YOU might characterize my conclusions.  I don't see it that way myself, though.

That is the very nature of Illusion.

sirs

• View Profile
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 0
Re: New Tribe Rising?
« Reply #46 on: April 26, 2010, 01:40:07 AM »
And you somehow couldn't deal with the conundrum of how CA spends far more money on education, than nearly any other state, and its education sucks, apparently as bad as Florida, as you claim.
====================================================
First off, I do not think that California spends more than "nearly any other state" The last survey I saw put California at 23rd or 24th, I recall.

And IIRC, they ranked in the top 10 for overall spending on education, and was #1 in Teacher salaries

There are good schools and bad schools in FL, just as anywhere else. The good ones are in wealthy areas, the bad ones are in poor areas.

That goes without saying, and also includes a myriad of other reasons for those performances, and not simply $$$.  Frequently the worst teachers are the ones unable to be fired, because of the power of their union contracts, and the teachers' unions in particular, and frequently are transferred to the poorer schools, in the poorer areas.  Thus pertuating the above cycle
"The worst form of inequality is to try to make unequal things equal." -- Aristotle