Author Topic: Before - and After - Iraq  (Read 25779 times)

Michael Tee

• View Profile
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 0
Re: Before - and After - Iraq
« Reply #45 on: November 26, 2006, 03:04:07 PM »
<<Would I be guessing correctly that it references how what we see is supposed to prove the oppoisite of what is?  More of that lack of proof is proof tactic, being employed yet again, perhaps?>>

Why don't  you just read the fucking book, sirs?  See for yourself what it references.

Amianthus

• Bring on the flames...
    • View Profile
    • Mario's Home Page
  • Liked:
« Reply #46 on: November 26, 2006, 03:25:47 PM »
See for yourself what it references.

This from the guy who said that he couldn't be bothered to follow links in articles.
Do not anticipate trouble, or worry about what may never happen. Keep in the sunlight. (Benjamin Franklin)

sirs

• View Profile
  • Liked:
« Reply #47 on: November 26, 2006, 03:29:02 PM »
<<Would I be guessing correctly that it references how what we see is supposed to prove the oppoisite of what is?  More of that lack of proof is proof tactic, being employed yet again, perhaps?>>

Why don't  you just read the fucking book, sirs?

well, if it's an "f'ing book", no thanks.  I'll just go with the source of the recommendation and their track record, as a barometer for what I could expect
"The worst form of inequality is to try to make unequal things equal." -- Aristotle

BT

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • DebateGate
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 3
« Reply #48 on: November 26, 2006, 03:54:30 PM »
You should pay closer attention to your own time-lines.

Well i can certainly see your logic. A name like Kelly certainly sounds Jewish to me.

And you think they just formulated their opinins on the spot, or do you think they had been thinking about them as long as Saddam was beng difficult with the inspections.

Michael Tee

• View Profile
  • Liked:
« Reply #49 on: November 26, 2006, 04:04:08 PM »
<<well, if it's an "f'ing book", no thanks.  I'll just go with the source of the recommendation and their track record, as a barometer for what I could expect>>

Spoken like a true ignoramus.  I suggested the book in view of your pathetically ignorant argument that Bush couldn't be evil enough to do the things people say he does because he doesn't LOOK evil.  (Lacks horns and a tail, I guess.)  The book was about the kind of evil - - in that case, the Holocaust - - that can be done by ordinary guys like Adolf Eichmann.  Guys who look and act just as normal as anyone else.

Xavier_Onassis

• View Profile
  • Liked:
« Reply #50 on: November 26, 2006, 04:32:39 PM »
well, if it's an "f'ing book", no thanks.  I'll just go with the source of the recommendation and their track record, as a barometer for what I could expect

==============================================================
Could it be that Sirs does not actually READ books? Are books too complex for him?

What form of documentation would Sirs respect?
Faux News? The NY Post? The Geraldo Show? O'Reilly, perhaps?
"Time flies like an arrow; fruit flies like a banana."

sirs

• View Profile
  • Liked:
« Reply #51 on: November 26, 2006, 06:15:30 PM »
Spoken like a true ignoramus.  I suggested the book in view of your pathetically ignorant argument that Bush couldn't be evil enough to do the things people say he does because he doesn't LOOK evil. 

Oh no, it goes FAR beyond that.  He's not evil enough to do the things you say he does, because he doesn't ACT evil, in any way shape or form.  So, unless your privvy to his inner most thoughts, family & friends that say otherwise, the ignorant one here is on the other side of this keyboard.  And no "f'ing book" is going to make any headway for you, on that one either, I'm afraid
"The worst form of inequality is to try to make unequal things equal." -- Aristotle

Xavier_Onassis

• View Profile
  • Liked:
« Reply #52 on: November 26, 2006, 06:26:23 PM »
Juniorbush is either evil or hopelessly ignorant and controlled by evil individuals.
The War in Iraq is evil. War is always evil, and only occasionally necessary. The Iraq War was clearly unnecessary, and it has done immense evil. Torture at Abu Graib was evil. The deaths of 600,000 Iraqis is evil. The deaths of 2800 Americans troops is evil. The maiming of 20,500 Americans is also evil.

The fact that the Iraqis have also done a lot of evil to one another does not excuse the evil that occurred as a result of this stupid war.
War is an evil that evokes evil from nearly everyone it touches

sirs

• View Profile
  • Liked:
« Reply #53 on: November 26, 2006, 06:50:23 PM »
Juniorbush is either evil or hopelessly ignorant and controlled by evil individuals.  The War in Iraq is evil. .....yada, rant, blather

Well, that's 1 "obviously" twisted opinion

Xavier_Onassis

• View Profile
  • Liked:
« Reply #54 on: November 26, 2006, 07:18:57 PM »
So it's "twisted" to think war is evil?

So you think the deaths of Iraqis and Americans is a good thing?
You think torture at Abu Graib is some sort of fun thing, like a cotillion?

Now I see you are in favor of illiteracy as well as torture, mayhem and death.

Lanya

• View Profile
  • Liked:
« Reply #55 on: November 26, 2006, 07:24:45 PM »
Calls for calm as crowd stones Iraq PM
http://news.yahoo.com/s/nm/20061126/ts_nm/iraq_dc_67

BAGHDAD (Reuters) - The motorcade of
Iraq's prime minister was pelted with stones on Sunday by fellow Shi'ites in a Baghdad slum when he paid respects to some of the 200 who died there last week in the deadliest attack since the U.S. invasion.
ADVERTISEMENT

The anger in Sadr City, stronghold of the Medhi Army Shi'ite militia, boiled over on the third day of a curfew imposed on the capital by Nuri al-Maliki's U.S.-backed national unity coalition as it scrambled desperately to stop popular passions exploding into all-out civil war between Shi'ites and the Sunni minority.

"It's all your fault!" one man shouted as, in unprecedented scenes, a crowd began to surge around Maliki. Men and youths then jeered and jostled as his armored convoy edged through the throng away from a mourning ceremony for one of the 202 victims of Thursday's multiple car bomb attack in Sadr City.

Subsequent reprisals against Sunni mosques and homes and three days of sporadic mortar fire among Baghdad neighborhoods have kept the city's 7 million people locked down at home, fearful of what may come when the traffic ban ends on Monday.

"Every time there's a curfew I feel civil war will erupt very soon," said Baghdad housewife Um Hani after three days indoors. "I feel the situation is sliding toward an abyss."

Politicians from all sides issued a new joint appeal for calm. But Maliki, who is to meet
President Bush on Wednesday, accused fellow leaders of fuelling the violence.

Iraqi President Jalal Talabani begins a delayed visit to
Iran on Monday, part of a round of regional diplomacy that also includes another U.S. enemy
Syria. Washington accuses Syria of aiding Sunni insurgents and Tehran of backing Shi'ite militias.

King Abdullah of Jordan, who will host a summit in Amman, said "something dramatic" must come out of it because Iraq was "beginning to spiral out of control." He urged an inclusive approach across the Middle East to avert that and two other possible civil wars -- in Lebanon and involving Palestinians.
[.................]
Planned Parenthood is America’s most trusted provider of reproductive health care.

sirs

• View Profile
  • Liked:
« Reply #56 on: November 26, 2006, 07:27:49 PM »
So it's "twisted" to think war is evil?  So you think the deaths of Iraqis and Americans is a good thing?  You think torture at Abu Graib is some sort of fun thing, like a cotillion?  Now I see you are in favor of illiteracy as well as torture, mayhem and death.

Not even close, but at least you're consistent.  The "twisted opinion" is specific to reference of how much a moron or how evil or both, Bush is supposed to be.  Simple as that

Xavier_Onassis

• View Profile
  • Liked:
« Reply #57 on: November 26, 2006, 11:21:20 PM »
Evil is as evil does.

As simple as that. ;D

sirs

• View Profile
  • Liked:
« Reply #58 on: November 27, 2006, 01:05:14 AM »
Evil is as evil does.  As simple as that. ;D

Boy, you got that right.  Been watching that oozing out of the Middle East and the mutated version of Islam, for a couple of decades now, growing exponentially.  I wouldn't be lauging at it though.

Michael Tee

• View Profile
  • Liked:
« Reply #59 on: November 28, 2006, 09:16:49 AM »
sirs:  <<Oh no, it goes FAR beyond that.  He's [Bush is] not evil enough to do the things you say he does, because he doesn't ACT evil, in any way shape or form.  So, unless your privvy to his inner most thoughts, family & friends that say otherwise, the ignorant one here is on the other side of this keyboard.  And no "f'ing book" is going to make any headway for you, on that one either, I'm afraid>>

The book is Hannah Arendt's "Eichmann in Jerusalem:  A Report on the Banality of Evil."  It's a very well researched work on an "ordinary man," a "good citizen," somebody who never "acted evil," just did his job.  Never killed anyone personally, worked at a desk.  But millions died because of him.  The banality of evil was the sub-title of the book, and its real theme.

I suggested it to you in all good faith because of the mind-boggling naivete of your outlook, which you were good enough to repeat for me as quoted above.  How anybody could say anything so stupid, let alone believe it, shook me up.  I really figured you could benefit from reading the book, kind of broaden your outlook a little.  What I failed to appreciate was the depth of the entrenched ignorance that I was dealing with.

Obviously I can't make you read a book, sirs.  And ultimately your wilful ignorance should be your problem not mine, except for the fact that you vote and when you vote the whole world has to deal with the kind of morons who find it so easy to capture your vote.  This is sad on one level (the personal) and tragic on another (the political.)