Author Topic: Zio-Nazi "Photographs" of "Weapons" are Fakes  (Read 2321 times)

Michael Tee

• View Profile
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 0
Re: Zio-Nazi "Photographs" of "Weapons" are Fakes
« Reply #15 on: June 04, 2010, 02:22:52 PM »
<<I'm sure that any protocols the Israeli Army has for use of camera equipment date to prior to digital equipment being available (which has really only been a few years for the level of quality needed for forensic equipment).>>

Now it's my turn to ROTFLMFAO.  Like the protocols of the IDF are only revised once every few years, technological changes be damned.  Their cameras are probably bought in batches, after tendering or after submitting specs to their purchasing officers, and the protocols would likely be re-written as new batches of cameras are acquired,  if any new technical features would warrant it.  

I also have to laugh at your apparent assumption that forensic photography began with the digital camera.  That's a real howler.  I had cheap Kodaks that printed date and time when my kids were growing up.  The same protocols that would have mandated date and time checks at the beginning of each operator's shift wouldn't even have had to change from then to now.  It's virtually inconceivable that there wouldn't be an equipment check, or more than one equipment check on a mission as important as this, following comprehensive checklists that would necessarily include checking and rechecking the date and time settings at the start of each session.  Especially considering that this is the IDF, one of the most technically proficient armies in the world.

<<I'm sure that they followed all protocols, including a nice handwritten sheet of paper for documenting the chain of evidence for all the collected evidence, including tagging it.>>

Yeah, and I'm sure their recorded chains of evidence are subject to expert doctoring, just like any document they produce.  I'd bet that Israeli document forgers are among the best in the world.

<<Digital time stamps are trivial to change. They do not meet - in any form - the level of security needed for forensic evidence. So, I'm pretty sure that they're ignored, and not subject to any rules about making sure they're set correctly.>>

Yeah, that makes lots of sense.  Moms and dads all over the world set the time and date stamps for trips to Disney World, but the IDF, taking pictures expressly for forensic usage, wouldn't have state-of-the art settings and wouldn't bother to check them anyway.  If only to avoid embarrassments like this one.  According to your theory, they shouldn't even bother to take pictures at all, since they too can be faked or doctored, just like the time & date stamps.

Michael Tee

• View Profile
  • Liked:
« Reply #16 on: June 04, 2010, 02:23:29 PM »
Sorry, BT, but I don't get the "Clarissa" reference.

BT

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • DebateGate
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 3

Michael Tee

• View Profile
  • Liked:
« Reply #18 on: June 04, 2010, 02:36:04 PM »
Huh.  Never heard of her OR the show, but I had heard of Sabrina the Teenage Witch.  Interesting.  Thanks. 

Amianthus

• Bring on the flames...
    • View Profile
    • Mario's Home Page
  • Liked:
« Reply #19 on: June 04, 2010, 02:57:07 PM »
Yeah, that makes lots of sense.  Moms and dads all over the world set the time and date stamps for trips to Disney World, but the IDF, taking pictures expressly for forensic usage, wouldn't have state-of-the art settings and wouldn't bother to check them anyway.  If only to avoid embarrassments like this one.  According to your theory, they shouldn't even bother to take pictures at all, since they too can be faked or doctored, just like the time & date stamps.

Yeah, the Israelis are so sophisticated that they would only have state of the art equipment and people specifically trained to make sure the EXIF time stamps are set correctly on every picture they take.

And they have excellent document forgers as well.

And after all that, they were too dumb to use the command line tools that can be downloaded from the Internet for free that allows anyone to change the EXIF time stamps in any digital image.

Here are links to a few. Moms and dads all over the world have access to tools to change the EXIF time stamp, but the IDF, doctoring pictures expressly for propaganda usage, wouldn't have state-of-the art software and wouldn't bother to edit them anyway.

http://jpgtime.learsy.com/
http://www.sentex.net/~mwandel/jhead/
http://www.brothersoft.com/downloads/date-time-exif-stamp-digital-photo.html
http://www.sharewareconnection.com/software.php?list=Exif+Time+Stamp
Do not anticipate trouble, or worry about what may never happen. Keep in the sunlight. (Benjamin Franklin)

Amianthus

• Bring on the flames...
    • View Profile
    • Mario's Home Page
  • Liked:
« Reply #20 on: June 04, 2010, 04:18:21 PM »
Hey, look at this! I'm more technologically proficient than the entire Israeli IDF!

The images now have a time stamp after the raid!

Click the image to see it larger, or view it yourself!
Do not anticipate trouble, or worry about what may never happen. Keep in the sunlight. (Benjamin Franklin)

Amianthus

• Bring on the flames...
    • View Profile
    • Mario's Home Page
  • Liked:
« Reply #21 on: June 04, 2010, 04:19:55 PM »
<Chuckle>

sirs

• View Profile
  • Liked:
« Reply #22 on: June 04, 2010, 04:49:44 PM »
hehe....impressive     8)
"The worst form of inequality is to try to make unequal things equal." -- Aristotle

Michael Tee

• View Profile
  • Liked:
« Reply #23 on: June 04, 2010, 05:29:35 PM »
<<Yeah, the Israelis are so sophisticated that they would only have state of the art equipment . . . >>

That's a given.  And they probably invented a lot of the state-of-the-art stuff themselves.

<< . . . and people specifically trained to make sure the EXIF time stamps are set correctly on every picture they take.>>

Nope.  They just require every operator to check the settings on his equipment when he starts his shift on it.  I don't know why you call that "sophisticated."  Every fucking cop with a radar is trained to do the same thing.  In any hick town in North America.  You wanna call that "sophisticated," be my guest.

<<And they have excellent document forgers as well.>>

That's a fact.  Got a problem with that?

<<And after all that, they were too dumb to use the command line tools that can be downloaded from the Internet for free that allows anyone to change the EXIF time stamps in any digital image.>>

Nope.  Not too dumb.  Just too rushed.  They had to document phony weapons charges on short notice and they did, but they just forgot to change the time stamps.  Shit happens.   Look at the murder of 12-year-old  Mohammed al-Doura - - http://www.themodernreligion.com/jihad/sniper.html  The Israelis had to re-invent their initial story TWICE MORE before they finally got it water-tight.  They've got plenty of time to draw up and revise endlessly the checklists for equipment handling, but when the shit hits the fan, they have to come up with serviceable bullshit for the bullshit machine as fast as they can, and a little thing (changing the time stamp) just got overlooked.  The most elaborate liars will often get tripped up on the simplest inconsistencies.