Author Topic: Teen mothers "sluts"  (Read 25964 times)

kimba1

• View Profile
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 0
Re: Teen mothers "sluts"
« Reply #105 on: February 14, 2008, 04:20:21 PM »
http://www.usatoday.com/news/nation/2004-11-08-druggists-pill_x.htm

this article state some refuse to give the presription back

Amianthus

• Bring on the flames...
    • View Profile
    • Mario's Home Page
  • Liked:
« Reply #106 on: February 14, 2008, 04:25:51 PM »
for you it`s trivial to get a prescription on the phone
but that does mean everybody else has the same option.

If the doctor has already written the prescription, why would it be an issue to send another copy?
Do not anticipate trouble, or worry about what may never happen. Keep in the sunlight. (Benjamin Franklin)

Amianthus

• Bring on the flames...
    • View Profile
    • Mario's Home Page
  • Liked:
« Reply #107 on: February 14, 2008, 04:29:09 PM »
this article state some refuse to give the presription back

The article states that one refused to give back the prescription. And he's facing disciplinary charges. And at the time we were discussing this originally, another article disputed that he kept the prescription.

In addition, your claim was about the "day after" pill, not regular contraceptives.
Do not anticipate trouble, or worry about what may never happen. Keep in the sunlight. (Benjamin Franklin)

kimba1

• View Profile
  • Liked:
« Reply #108 on: February 14, 2008, 04:30:45 PM »
no idea
I didn`t know people had access to their doctors 24/7 to do this

Amianthus

• Bring on the flames...
    • View Profile
    • Mario's Home Page
  • Liked:
« Reply #109 on: February 14, 2008, 04:34:46 PM »
no idea
I didn`t know people had access to their doctors 24/7 to do this

Why would someone go to the doctor during the day, then wait to middle of the night to fill their prescription? If it wasn't important enough to get filled right away, what's the big deal with waiting until the next morning to call the doctor?

Besides, I never knew of a doctor's office that doesn't have a night service, complete with the ability to page a doctor in an emergency.

kimba1

• View Profile
  • Liked:
« Reply #110 on: February 14, 2008, 04:37:28 PM »
Yet some pharmacists have refused to hand the prescription to another druggist to fill>

that one was a example of people refusing and the day after pill from the original incident article

kimba1

• View Profile
  • Liked:
« Reply #111 on: February 14, 2008, 04:41:44 PM »
I didn`t even  know night service existed till you link me that clinic awhile back.
I think your health plan is abit more extensive than the average out there.
emergency page is common but nights is new to me

Amianthus

• Bring on the flames...
    • View Profile
    • Mario's Home Page
  • Liked:
« Reply #112 on: February 14, 2008, 04:46:57 PM »
that one was a example of people refusing and the day after pill from the original incident article

So, you go to another pharmacy. I don't see any big deal here. It's not like pharmacies are a rare thing in this country, there are plenty of places where a street intersection with a pharmacy has two or three pharmacies. Everywhere there is a Walgreens, I almost always see a CVS and / or Eckerds and / or Revco within eyesight. And a few grocery stores with pharmacies, as well. And if enough people stop using a pharmacy because the pharmacist refuses to fill prescriptions, it will go out of business.

Amianthus

• Bring on the flames...
    • View Profile
    • Mario's Home Page
  • Liked:
« Reply #113 on: February 14, 2008, 04:48:04 PM »
I didn`t even  know night service existed till you link me that clinic awhile back.
I think your health plan is abit more extensive than the average out there.
emergency page is common but nights is new to me

It's nothing new. I've seen them all my life, everywhere I've lived. And every doctor's office has emergency service at night. And every insurance plan I've ever had supported the 24 hour clinics.

sirs

• View Profile
  • Liked:
« Reply #114 on: February 14, 2008, 04:51:54 PM »

So, you go to another pharmacy. I don't see any big deal here. It's not like pharmacies are a rare thing in this country, there are plenty of places where a street intersection with a pharmacy has two or three pharmacies.

It's literally getting to ridiculus proportions around here.  Within 2 square miles of my home, there's at least 5 Pharmacies.  It got so bad, that when a Tower Records store went out of business, a sign came up within a month celebrating the coming new Walgreens.  The community outrage was so great, they stopped the project, and the sign there is no longer.

In other words, the lack of Pharmacies is definately not a problem

"The worst form of inequality is to try to make unequal things equal." -- Aristotle

Rich

« Reply #115 on: February 14, 2008, 04:53:45 PM »
>>In other words, the lack of Pharmacies is definately not a problem<<

Children around here can say the letters CVS at 3 months old.

_JS

• Salaires legers. Chars lourds.
    • View Profile
  • Liked:
« Reply #116 on: February 14, 2008, 05:33:17 PM »
Who's pushing for some amendment?  Personally, I'm pushing to allow the states to decide for themselves, and get the Fed out of it, all together

Not to attack anyone over what is a difficult issue, but that appears to me to be a true cop-out.

If abortion is the taking of a human life then stop it in all cases. If it is not the taking of a human life then it truly should be a choice.

It should not matter at what level of government that decision is made. In fact, it is generally left up to the states so you should be overall satisfied. If a state were creative enough they could write laws to remove abortion procedures at a practical level (and indeed some states have nearly no abortion clinics).

That seems like a very weak position to me.

I smell something burning, hope it's just my brains.
They're only dropping peppermints and daisy-chains
   So stuff my nose with garlic
   Coat my eyes with butter
   Fill my ears with silver
   Stick my legs in plaster
   Tell me lies about Vietnam.

sirs

• View Profile
  • Liked:
« Reply #117 on: February 14, 2008, 06:04:59 PM »
If abortion is the taking of a human life then stop it in all cases. If it is not the taking of a human life then it truly should be a choice.  It should not matter at what level of government that decision is made.

Yes, it should.  At least to those who believe in our constitution, and what powers have been delegated to which level.

In fact, it is generally left up to the states so you should be overall satisfied.

If it were, I would.  But it's not.  Are you advocating a repeal of RvW Js? 
"The worst form of inequality is to try to make unequal things equal." -- Aristotle

_JS

• Salaires legers. Chars lourds.
    • View Profile
  • Liked:
« Reply #118 on: February 14, 2008, 06:24:20 PM »
If abortion is the taking of a human life then stop it in all cases. If it is not the taking of a human life then it truly should be a choice.  It should not matter at what level of government that decision is made.

Yes, it should.  At least to those who believe in our constitution, and what powers have been delegated to which level.

In fact, it is generally left up to the states so you should be overall satisfied.

If it were, I would.  But it's not.  Are you advocating a repeal of RvW Js? 

I advocate the removal of abortion as an option entirely.

Those who believe in our constitution realize that the illegality of taking a life is a foundation within common law and therefore it shouldn't be necessary to be debated by the states.
I smell something burning, hope it's just my brains.
They're only dropping peppermints and daisy-chains
   So stuff my nose with garlic
   Coat my eyes with butter
   Fill my ears with silver
   Stick my legs in plaster
   Tell me lies about Vietnam.

sirs

• View Profile
  • Liked:
« Reply #119 on: February 14, 2008, 06:29:38 PM »
I'll stick with the constitution, that any act not specifically delegated by the Fed is to be handled by the states