Author Topic: Is something "big" about to happen?  (Read 5099 times)

sirs

• View Profile
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 0
Re: Is something "big" about to happen?
« Reply #15 on: October 07, 2010, 07:20:49 PM »
KRAMER...you're gonna love this e-mail I got!

Checked this on Snopes.com and its TRUE!
http://snopes.com/politics/religion/dhs.asp

Kinda long those lines, we have:

Is This Our Intelligence Community?

Reading Patrick Poole's splashy coverage of the FBI's VIP treatment of Kifah Mustapha -- a known Hamas operative and unindicted co-conspirator in the landmark Holy Land Foundation terror financing trial -- will make your head spin with the dizzying question:

How could the same officials charged with securing the nation against the very terrorism Mustapha's activities supported (as laid out in court documents filed by federal investigators) have possibly invited him into the top-secret National Counterterrorism Center (NCTC) and the FBI's training center at Quantico during a six-week "Citizen's Academy" hosted by the FBI as "outreach" to the Muslim community?

"The plugs had to be pulled on our (watch) system" just to get Mustapha in the NCTC door, Poole, writing online at Big Peace, quoted a Department of Homeland Security official as saying. After all, "the NCTC has Kifah Mustapha on the highest watch list we have."

Unbelievable. So who pulled those plugs? Wouldn't it be great to get a bunch of national security pooh-bahs into one room to try to find out?

It would be -- and so it was. This week, a passel of senior national security officials assembled for a Washington conference on domestic intelligence sponsored by the Bipartisan Policy Center. First up was James Clapper, director of National Intelligence. During question-and-answer session, I asked him about FBI "outreach" to Mustapha.

"I think the FBI will be here later," Clapper boldly punted (laughter in the room). Meanwhile, he continued, there is "great merit in outreach, to engage as much as possible with the Muslim community." Subtext: It's no big.

When later asked about the government policy of eliminating the terminology of Islamic jihad from intelligence analysis and collection, Clapper affirmed it to "acknowledge sensitivities" -- a process begun under George W. Bush and recently extended by Homeland Security adviser John Brennan. "There's plenty of terminology out there (to convey) the meaning and the message that we need to."

The director of national intelligence's meaning and message of choice: "homegrown violent extremism."

Between panels, I spoke to panelist Sean Joyce of the FBI. What did the FBI executive assistant director for national security think about the Mustapha incident?

"We don't comment on individuals," he told me.

OK. How about commenting on a blanket policy regarding FBI tours for unindicted co-conspirators and terrorist group operatives?

"Again, we don't comment on individuals."

It's not every day a former director of Central Intelligence Agency is standing by, so I asked Michael Hayden for his opinion of the speak-no-Islam issue. "People I trust" -- uh-oh -- "say to be careful not to use the term `jihadist' because it does have a broader use across the Islamic world," he said.

So what? That doesn't affect its accuracy as a description of the enemy! However, he continued, not using the word `Islamic' "obfuscates the issue (and) neuters our understanding" of Islamic terrorism -- "however perverted it might be." Hayden added: "This is in no way a comment on the Islamic faith."

But it is in some way a comment on American intelligence. Political correctness stymies it.

Of course, NCTC Director Michael Leiter was quick to insist "there was no PC-ness" on his watch. "If someone is inspired by Islamic ideology --" he began, then stopped. "Let me rephrase that: al-Qaida ideology ..."

Poor baby.

Later, I had an opportunity to ask Leiter what he thought about the FBI bringing Mustapha into NCTC.

"Ask the FBI," he suggested, helpfully. But isn't NCTC your shop? I asked.

"Actually," he explained, "the building isn't owned by us. Three organizations have offices there. ..."

When I pulled myself up off the floor, he was still talking: "It's more complicated -- talk to the FBI. They've got a lot more information than I do."

The FBI better be good, right? After all, on taking my Mustapha question, FBI Director Robert Mueller, the conference's final speaker, said he'd been briefed to expect it. "I'm not sure I agree with the predicate of your question," he said, "and we're not going to debate it here."

He continued, discussing the Citizen's Academy program, which he described as "exposing the FBI to a variety of communities."

"Exposing" is right.

He, too, said he wouldn't discuss individuals, but added, meaningfully: "We do look into the individuals that we invite into the Citizen's Academies."

I think the man who pulled the plugs had spoken.

Outreach, my eye
"The worst form of inequality is to try to make unequal things equal." -- Aristotle

Christians4LessGvt

• View Profile
    • "The Religion Of Peace"
  • Liked:
« Reply #16 on: October 07, 2010, 07:33:54 PM »
"If you are comfortable with your prejudices, who am I to blow against the wind"

LOL....well I was partly giving you hell BT.

But yeah I am comfortable not being comfortable with
devout Muslims guarding us against devout Muslim kooks.

They need to actually just rename the Dept Of Homeland Security
to the "Department Against Muslim Kooks Trying To Kill Everybody They Disagree With"

BTW did you say you had Muslims or a Muslim working for you?

Yeah and you should hear these two guys.
I mean seriously I would love to have you sit down over a few beers with these guys
It is amazing listening to their experience
They are both from Morocco.
And yeah I know they don't speak for all Muslims or Middle Easterners
But still it is amazing to see their utter disdain for the Middle East and "Pushy Muslims".
Abdul and Adil....some of the best.
They say
"when were were kids the people cheered when some of those Islami st nutcases
with long beards would be hauled away by the King's men...never to be heard from again
"

They said the King before the current one didn't put up with any of that IslamistWhackjob bullshit.

They say it's a war and in war you don't play nice.

They also say Morocco was much better off under the French.

"Mr. Gorbachev, tear down this wall!" - Ronald Reagan - June 12, 1987

Kramer

• Repeal ObamaCare
    • View Profile
  • Liked:
« Reply #17 on: October 07, 2010, 07:45:41 PM »
"If you are comfortable with your prejudices, who am I to blow against the wind"

LOL....well I was partly giving you hell BT.

But yeah I am comfortable not being comfortable with
devout Muslims guarding us against devout Muslim kooks.

They need to actually just rename the Dept Of Homeland Security
to the "Department Against Muslim Kooks Trying To Kill Everybody They Disagree With"

BTW did you say you had Muslims or a Muslim working for you?

Yeah and you should hear these two guys.
I mean seriously I would love to have you sit down over a few beers with these guys
It is amazing listening to their experience
They are both from Morocco.
And yeah I know they don't speak for all Muslims or Middle Easterners
But still it is amazing to see their utter disdain for the Middle East and "Pushy Muslims".
Abdul and Adil....some of the best.
They say
"when were were kids the people cheered when some of those Islami st nutcases
with long beards would be hauled away by the King's men...never to be heard from again
"

They said the King before the current one didn't put up with any of that IslamistWhackjob bullshit.

They say it's a war and in war you don't play nice.

They also say Morocco was much better off under the French.

Muslims are trying to kill us so I have a problem with them being in areas where it can make their jobs easier.

Christians4LessGvt

• View Profile
  • Liked:
« Reply #18 on: October 07, 2010, 09:18:55 PM »
This is what a mistake might get ya!
« Last Edit: October 07, 2010, 09:28:18 PM by ChristiansUnited4LessGvt »

BT

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • DebateGate
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 3
« Reply #19 on: October 07, 2010, 10:21:24 PM »
It's called an inquiry.  Often seen in a debate forum

Looked more like an statement to me.

Kramer

• Repeal ObamaCare
    • View Profile
  • Liked:
« Reply #20 on: October 07, 2010, 10:27:00 PM »

Better there than here. Upside; it might keep them busy for awhile so they don't have time to regulate and control our lives.

sirs

• View Profile
  • Liked:
« Reply #21 on: October 08, 2010, 12:12:18 AM »

A statement that you, dare I say, "obviously" misconstrued, given the very polite and civil request connected to it
"The worst form of inequality is to try to make unequal things equal." -- Aristotle

BT

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • DebateGate
  • Liked:
« Reply #22 on: October 08, 2010, 01:20:44 AM »
Alikhan was recognized by the United States Department of Justice for his superior performance while serving as the first Chief of the Cyber and Intellectual Property Crimes Section at the U.S. Attorney's Office in Los Angeles.[8] Based on his work in Los Angeles, he was recruited to work in Washington D.C. to as a Senior Adviser to both Attorney General John Ashcroft and Attorney General Alberto Gonzales to handle cybercrime and intellectual property initiatives. Alikhan has received awards from numerous federal law enforcement agencies including the FBI, U.S. Secret Service, Defense Criminal Investigative Service, Immigration and Customs Enforcement, Bureau of Alcohol Tobacco and Firearms, and NASA Office of Inspector General.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Arif_Alikhan

And the Homeland Security Advisory Council is not even part of Homeland Security. It's an outside department group created by GW Bush in 2002. Shora was a political appointee based on his get out the vote work for Obama. He is a partisan liberal.

So apparently the only thing wrong with these guys is that they walk the walk when it comes to their religion. That they share the same religion as the 9-11 terrorists isn't relevant.

BTW do you know how many devout Catholics serve on the Supreme Court?
Did you know the IRA was majority Catholic?

Christians4LessGvt

• View Profile
  • Liked:
« Reply #23 on: October 08, 2010, 09:21:14 AM »
Alikhan was recognized by the United States Department of Justice for his superior performance

whooooop deeee dooooo!

Hezbollah Defender Arif Alikhan Appointed By Team Obama To DHS
October 8, 2009

By VINCENT GIOIA

San Francisco, CA - PipeLineNews.org - Purported non Muslim Barack Hussein Obama made a presidential appointment of Muslim Los Angeles Deputy Mayor Arif Alikhan for a top job at the federal Department of Homeland Security. In his new job Arif Alikhan will be Assistant Secretary for the Office of Policy Development at the Department of Homeland Security. Alikhan has been Deputy Mayor of Los Angeles, in charge of public safety for the city.

Why Muslim Alikhan at the Department of Homeland Security you might ask? DHS Secretary Janet Napolitano said Alikhan's "broad and impressive array of experience in national security, emergency preparedness and counterterrorism will make him an asset", yes, but on behalf of the US or Muslims? I am not sure what she is talking about and she probably doesn't know either. www.indiawest.com/readmore.aspx?id=1132&Sid=1

Alikhan says a big part of his job will be fostering communication between agencies. Alikhan, like Obama, also wants to help improve America's image with Muslims around the world. He will now set policy on security at the highest levels of the federal government. But what policies has the new Assistant Secretary embraced?

During his years in Los Angeles, Alikhan was responsible for derailing the Police Department's plan to monitor activities within the Los Angeles Muslim community, where numerous radical mosques and madrassas existed, and where some of the 9/11 hijackers had received support from local residents.

Alikhan is strongly anti-Israel; he has referred to the terrorist organization Hezbollah as a "liberation movement." Hezbollah is on the US official terrorist list while being an affiliate of the Muslim Public Affairs Council. Alikhan also opposed President George W. Bush's prosecution of the war on Islamic terror.

In 2007 Alikhan was instrumental in removing the Muslim terror tracking plan in LA. The Muslim 'Mapping' Plan of the Los Angeles Police Department is now "dead on arrival" according to Chief William Bratton. "It is over and not just put on the side," said Chief Bratton in a meeting with the Muslim leadership of Southern California at that time. The meeting was moderated by Arif Alikhan. Chief Bratton acknowledged the hurt and offense caused to Muslims and agreed to send a letter to the Muslim community announcing the official termination of the 'mapping' plan.

A major reason for the termination of the 'mapping' plan was the Muslim community's vociferous opposition and active civic engagement in making themselves heard beyond Los Angeles. Muslim organizations demonstrated a strong unity of purpose and message on the issue of 'mapping' that led to a position of strength for Muslims in the meeting. Those involved in the initial phases of this controversy were the Islamic Shura Council of Southern California http://www.shuracouncil.org/ and the Council on American-Islamic Relations http://www.cair.com/ , the Muslim Public Affairs arm.

Muslim Democrats welcomed Alikhan's appointment at a banquet/fundraiser for the Islamic Shura Council of Southern California recently where the first speaker was Arif Alikhan, a devout Sunni and the son of Pakistani immigrants, www.spiegel.de/international/world/0,1518,505573,00 .

Other speakers included Professor Agha Saeed of the American Muslim Task Force (AMT) who spoke about "the struggle of the Muslim Community against the pervasive atmosphere of Islamophobia and hatred in the aftermath of 9/11.. It was a struggle against the tide, "a very strong tide" to prevent Muslims in America from being marginalized and silenced."

Professor Saeed issued five demands from Muslims to the Department of Justice. These demands included a cessation to the infiltration by spies of mosques and an end to the introduction of agents provocateur. In addition there was to be a cessation of attempts to undermine Muslim groups such as the Council on American Islamic Relations (CAIR). Un-indicted co-conspirator CAIR was thrilled at the appointment: www.us4arabs.com/content/view/1590/31/

Last week, Napolitano swore in Damascus-born Kareem Shora, the American-Arab Anti-Discrimination Committee (ADC)'s national executive director, to a position on the Homeland Security Advisory Council, an outside-the-department group of national security experts that advises the Secretary. Shora is the first Arab rights advocate on the panel. Shora has with ties to terror backers www.creepingsharia.wordpress.com/2009/06another-jihad-nominee-atdept-of-homeland-security/

One may wonder how does an obscure (but Democrat) bureaucrat and devout Muslim come to the position of Deputy Mayor of Los Angeles in charge of public safety for the city and now becomes Assistant Secretary to DHS under purported non Muslim Democrat President Barack Hussein Obama?

« Last Edit: October 08, 2010, 12:58:36 PM by ChristiansUnited4LessGvt »

Christians4LessGvt

• View Profile
  • Liked:
« Reply #24 on: October 08, 2010, 09:34:58 AM »
BTW do you know how many devout Catholics serve on the Supreme Court?
Did you know the IRA was majority Catholic?

Come on BT that is just more of the crap logic a.k.a. moral equivalence
that is not anywhere near a rational comparison

The IRA compared to Radical Islam....ha ha....do you know how stupid that really is?

Let me know when Catholics have a similar list as the link below...and this is just a mini "starter kit list"
doesn't even begin to tell the story.....like the 2 minute preview of a 72 hour movie.

BTW...And as soon as the Catholics do have a similar list....which they never will
because it's not a phony religion....but if they ever did
I wouldn't want them serving in National Security positions either.

I wouldn't let a son spend the night with a catholic Priest either....
sure lots of Catholic priests are not molesters
but enough are and enough damage has been done
where most people are not letting a son go on a camping trip with a Catholic Priest.
it's called gut instinct....and no matter how hard you try to politically correct spin BT
people wont buy it
but thats fine you got your right to your opinion
go right ahead BT use your PC logic and
send your 10 year old son on lots of over-nighters with a priest
LOL

http://www.thereligionofpeace.com/index.html#Attacks
« Last Edit: October 08, 2010, 10:08:31 AM by ChristiansUnited4LessGvt »

BT

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • DebateGate
  • Liked:
« Reply #25 on: October 08, 2010, 02:02:21 PM »
whooooop deeee dooooo!

Perhaps you missed the bit about where he was originally appointed to his Justice position by the Bush Admin.

Do you think they failed to do background checks on him prior to his appointment?

Christians4LessGvt

• View Profile
  • Liked:
« Reply #26 on: October 08, 2010, 03:25:56 PM »
Perhaps you missed the bit about where he was originally appointed to his Justice position by the Bush Admin.
Do you think they failed to do background checks on him prior to his appointment?

BT I disgree with lots of things Bush did.
Bush did some pandering to Muslims too.
Did Bush background checks stop Muslim terrorist Sharif Mobley from working at 3 U.S. nuclear facilities?
Bush did not enforce our border laws & most likely allowed Muslim Jihadist sleeper cells to enter the US.
Bush let Islamic Theorcracy Iran to get closer and closer to having nukes to point at Israel and Europe.
Bush did not manage the post Iraq invasion well and allowed Islamic Whackjobs to take-over.
Bush started all the bail outs.
Bush was the "lesser of two evils"....

BT

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • DebateGate
  • Liked:
« Reply #27 on: October 08, 2010, 03:41:38 PM »
Meanwhile you have two Muslims working for you. How do you really know they aren't sleepers?

Christians4LessGvt

• View Profile
  • Liked:
« Reply #28 on: October 08, 2010, 04:26:18 PM »
Meanwhile you have two Muslims working for you.
How do you really know they aren't sleepers?

I don't know 100%.
Often...really every day...we all have to make educated/informed guesses in life.
Only one of them is a practicing Muslim.
And neither are "devout Muslims"
And...they are not doing US National Security work for me
Sorry----->Apples to Oranges

So BT....would you or wouldn't you?
« Last Edit: October 08, 2010, 04:49:02 PM by ChristiansUnited4LessGvt »

BT

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • DebateGate
  • Liked: