Author Topic: I wish they would get the story straight  (Read 4140 times)

BT

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • DebateGate
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 3
Re: I wish they would get the story straight
« Reply #30 on: May 14, 2011, 06:51:43 PM »
What could he say?

Wouldn't that depend on what he was asked? Financial networks, communications channels, state supporters.

But we won't know what he could contribute now.

If he is in fact dead.

Would he be read his Miranda rights?

Are you being facetious?

Plane

• View Profile
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 0
« Reply #31 on: May 14, 2011, 07:17:13 PM »
What could he say?

Wouldn't that depend on what he was asked? Financial networks, communications channels, state supporters.

But we won't know what he could contribute now.

If he is in fact dead.

Would he be read his Miranda rights?

Are you being facetious?

Partly, what could he be offered and what could he be threatened with that would result in his giving usefull info to us?

Recently three Bin Laden widows were interviewed , with a Packistani chaparone.

What could you ask them , what sort of answer could you expect? It was silly to ask for the interview.
[][][][][][][][][][][][][][][][][][][][]     
Interviewer... " Mrs. Bin Laden"

Mrs. Bin Laden 1...Yes
 Mrs. Bin Laden 2.... Yes
  Mrs. Bin Laden 3... Thats my name don't wear it out!

Interviewer...   So ,... Mrs. Bin Ladens ,um.... the shooting of your husband , the father of your children and one of your sons.... aside from  that , how was your evening?

[][][][][][][][][][][][][][][][][][][][][][][][][][][][][][][][][][]

Try to imagine being the lead man in the raiding party and OBL is in your sights, and you have been breifed that he is likely to blow himself up with a bomb belt. What can you do that would make his capture reasonably safe for yourself and your teammates?

Imagine that you have captured OBL and tossed him into a helicopter trussed up tight.

Now what?

BT

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • DebateGate
  • Liked:
« Reply #32 on: May 14, 2011, 07:42:22 PM »
Why would OBL be walking around with a bomb belt on?

Plane

• View Profile
  • Liked:
« Reply #33 on: May 14, 2011, 07:58:02 PM »
Why would OBL be walking around with a bomb belt on?

You consider it unlikely?

From the raiding partys POV , would it be safe to consider it unlikely?

OBL had a few minutes warning, he could have grabbed a bomb if he had one.

Frankly I am dissapointed in OBL being so poorly prepared, he didn't even manage to get away from his wife and children so that they wouldn't get shot.

With wepons at hand he didn't really put up much fight, nor did he really surrender.

I would have certainly had a bomb belt on my mind , and I would have made az head shot.

BSB

« Reply #34 on: May 14, 2011, 08:19:25 PM »
Bin Laden would have considered himself above using a suicide belt. That's for the worker bees. Remember, he was an aristocrat. Just look at where they found him. Not exactly a cave in the mountains. 

BSB

BT

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • DebateGate
  • Liked:
« Reply #35 on: May 14, 2011, 08:20:55 PM »
I think OBL felt safe in the knowledge that the appropriate officials had been bribed and he would have had ample warning to get away if needed.

sirs

• View Profile
  • Liked:
« Reply #36 on: May 14, 2011, 08:28:52 PM »
Agreed
"The worst form of inequality is to try to make unequal things equal." -- Aristotle

Plane

• View Profile
  • Liked:
« Reply #37 on: May 14, 2011, 11:02:00 PM »
Bin Laden would have considered himself above using a suicide belt. That's for the worker bees. Remember, he was an aristocrat. Just look at where they found him. Not exactly a cave in the mountains. 

BSB
I think OBL felt safe in the knowledge that the appropriate officials had been bribed and he would have had ample warning to get away if needed.

With the advantage of hindsight and knoledge of the situation as it was that is availible now, you are both probably right about this.

But Osama having a personal bomb for the purpose of making his capture alive impossible  was possible and discussed as likely , if I had been there I would have been ready to shoot quick just because of this risk.

Captureing Osama alive would have required that he be in a posture of unmistakable surrender , or subdued with no difficulty at all, perhaps by catching him napping.

Fourty guys and a dog is a big team for Seals, they tipicly work in smaller groups , I take this to mean that they were prepared for a bigger fight than they found. That of course being a lot better than finding the other way around.

BSB

« Reply #38 on: May 15, 2011, 12:23:26 AM »
plane

Yes, my take on bin Laden and a suicide belt is in hindsight. But, it wouldn't have been for the SEALS. They knew where he lived, and how he was living. The CIA had been watching him for a long time from a house on the same street, I think.

The large number of SEALS? To fight their way out in case the local police and Paki Army arrived.

BSB

BSB

« Reply #39 on: May 15, 2011, 01:29:11 AM »
I haven't been giving this all that much thought because historically with this kind of thing you never get anywhere near the truth for a long long time. In fact often you never get it. But, if you want to get into conspiracy theories, how about how much of the mistrust between the US and the Pakistani Intelligence Service is a ruse? Who would talk to their Intelligence Service if they though they were in bed with us? How much easier is it for them to operate under the guise of us animosity? For just how long have we been observing bin Laden? How long did it take us to milk it for all it was worth, and then just decide, ok, he has out lived his usefulness, lets kill him? And then of course we had to do it. The Pakistani Intelligence Service, or the Pakistani Army, couldn't because of their internal politics.

I'm not saying all of their intelligence people are in bed with us, not at all, but enough important people that can keep the left hand from knowing what the right hand is doing.

BSB

BT

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • DebateGate
  • Liked:
« Reply #40 on: May 15, 2011, 01:48:00 AM »
So it's possible OBL was under house arrest the whole time. A game within a game.

BSB

« Reply #41 on: May 15, 2011, 03:40:58 AM »
The trapper, the trap, and the trapped, all at the same time. With all the different layers of need to know represented by the people involved. Compartmentaliztion is the coin of the realm so no one can put the whole picture together. After the operation is shut down all the records are destroyed so no one ever knows what it all looked like when it was up and running.  Not the president, not the head of the CIA, not the joint chiefs, no one.

BSB

« Last Edit: May 15, 2011, 03:47:54 AM by BSB »

Kramer

• Repeal ObamaCare
    • View Profile
  • Liked:
« Reply #42 on: May 15, 2011, 11:48:29 AM »
I haven't been giving this all that much thought because historically with this kind of thing you never get anywhere near the truth for a long long time. In fact often you never get it. But, if you want to get into conspiracy theories, how about how much of the mistrust between the US and the Pakistani Intelligence Service is a ruse? Who would talk to their Intelligence Service if they though they were in bed with us? How much easier is it for them to operate under the guise of us animosity? For just how long have we been observing bin Laden? How long did it take us to milk it for all it was worth, and then just decide, ok, he has out lived his usefulness, lets kill him? And then of course we had to do it. The Pakistani Intelligence Service, or the Pakistani Army, couldn't because of their internal politics.

I'm not saying all of their intelligence people are in bed with us, not at all, but enough important people that can keep the left hand from knowing what the right hand is doing.

BSB

If you really think this theory thoroughly through (examining all the potential possibilities) it would be impossible because people within UBL's organization would have figured it out and the chatter would have been deciphered by any good intelligence gathering operation i.e. France, Israeli, British, Russian, Chinese, etc. The secret would not be much of a secret for very long.

BSB

« Reply #43 on: May 15, 2011, 05:34:54 PM »
The problem with your theory about my theory is they have already said they did basically what I'm talking about from August of last year until the day they killed him. If that's true, I'm not buying the August start time. You don't think they're giving us the whole story out of the goodness of their heart do you? The question is just how long were they watching him?

BSB

Plane

• View Profile
  • Liked:
« Reply #44 on: May 15, 2011, 05:41:20 PM »
The question is just how long were they watching him?

BSB

Long enough for the CIA to rent a flat around the corner and down the block.

Once they were pretty sure that OBL was present the decision had to be made , raid or precision bombing?

I am happy with the results in total, so I don't want to second guess too much.