Author Topic: Sarah, Ignorance is Bliss, Palin  (Read 2723 times)

BSB

Sarah, Ignorance is Bliss, Palin
« on: January 29, 2013, 01:32:25 AM »
Fox canned Palin, finally. Even Fox knows that the GOP can't overcome it's image as the party of dumb unless it changes it's ways.

BSB

sirs

• View Profile
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 0
Re: Sarah, Ignorance is Bliss, Palin
« Reply #1 on: January 29, 2013, 01:53:42 AM »
Yea....that has to be it      ::)
"The worst form of inequality is to try to make unequal things equal." -- Aristotle

Xavier_Onassis

• View Profile
  • Liked:
« Reply #2 on: January 29, 2013, 11:50:20 AM »
My guess is that Fox looked at the books and the viewership and decided that Sarah was being paid too much, and offered her less and she quit in a huff, like the diva she is. That would be consistent with her modus operandi.

Odds are that if she has a good financial adviser, she can invest the money she made on her two awful books and her speaking engagements and retire in comfort, probably in some place warmer than Wasilla. I hear she bought a house in Arizona.

I wonder who financed the rental of her bus during the first part of the primaries, and what was her purpose. I imagine that she was hoping for several hundred thousand 'bagger buddies like Kramer and sirs would rise up and support her for president, but discovered that her 15 minutes of fame had expired.
"Time flies like an arrow; fruit flies like a banana."

BT

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • DebateGate
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 3
« Reply #3 on: January 29, 2013, 05:17:47 PM »
Seems to me the left is pretty dumb labeling everyone on the right as dumb. Just saying, never underestimate the enemy.

sirs

• View Profile
  • Liked:
« Reply #4 on: January 29, 2013, 05:18:21 PM »
If she won the GOP primary, I'd support her in a heartbeat
"The worst form of inequality is to try to make unequal things equal." -- Aristotle

Xavier_Onassis

• View Profile
  • Liked:
« Reply #5 on: January 29, 2013, 08:39:41 PM »
Palin is and was undeniably ignorant, and unwilling to learn as well. There is ample evidence of this in what those charged with handling her campaign have written about her.
"Time flies like an arrow; fruit flies like a banana."

BT

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • DebateGate
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 3
« Reply #6 on: January 29, 2013, 09:16:57 PM »
Palin is and was undeniably ignorant, and unwilling to learn as well. There is ample evidence of this in what those charged with handling her campaign have written about her.

Right.  Palin is dumb, Bush is dumb, Reagan is dumb. Dumb to call them that.

Plane

• View Profile
  • Liked:
« Reply #7 on: January 29, 2013, 09:30:55 PM »
Large collection of Sara Palin articles ....
http://www.foxnews.com/topics/us/sarah-palin.htm 

Excerpts froma long recent article , mentions Arazona house and several potential new venues for Sara Palin
http://abcnews.go.com/Politics/end-sarah-palin/story?id=18344313   
Reporters Notebook: By SHUSHANNAH WALSHE (@shushwalshe)

Jan. 29, 2013

Sarah Palin's break up with Fox News should not have been, well, breaking news, as she had publicly complained in August on Facebook that the network had canceled her appearances at the Republican National Convention. And going back even further, Palin didn't give Fox the scoop in October 2011 when she announced she wasn't going to run for president. Still, the news of the Fox split overtook Twitter and the news cycle by storm.......

I, for one, did think Palin would lose her relevancy when she quit the Alaska governorship, and also when she didn't run for president. But in both cases, people who both love her and hate her just couldn't get enough information about her, and she still got an incredible amount of news coverage. Her voice was heard loud and clear, even if it blasted only from her Facebook posts. That's just another example of what she's been able to pull off that others who've come before or after just haven't. Palin's been written off from Day One, but like a boomerang, she just keeps coming back.

Yes, she wasn't really helpful to Mitt Romney's campaign, but she also never really explicitly backed him. And what an odd pair they would have made if she had. In her interview last weekend with Steve Bannon, the executive chairman of Breitbart News who made "The Undefeated," the positive 2011 movie about her, she said, "The problem is that some on the right are now skittish because of the lost 2012 election. They shouldn't be. Conservatism didn't lose. A moderate Republican candidate lost after he was perceived to alienate working-class Reagan Democrats and independent voters." Not a sign that she wants to rethink some of her policy points, or that she will retreat into the shadows.

Another Possible TV Home

I think more likely than her fading away (we all still cover every eyebrow-raising Facebook post of hers) is that she will possibly find an on-air home elsewhere, at somewhere like CNN. She told Breitbart.com that she "encourages others to step out in faith, jump out of the comfort zone, and broaden our reach as believers in American exceptionalism. That means broadening our audience. I'm taking my own advice here as I free up opportunities to share more broadly the message of the beauty of freedom and the imperative of defending our republic and restoring this most exceptional nation. We can't just preach to the choir; the message of liberty and true hope must be understood by a larger audience."

Later in the interview, she added, "I know the country needs more truth-telling in the media, and I'm willing to do that. So, we shall

In an interview with ABC News, Bannon, who remains close to Palin, said he didn't think she would go to another network, saying, "I don't anticipate she would ever do punditry again," but as we've all learned when it comes to Palin, "expect the unexpected."

"I think people underestimate her all the time," Bannon said. "She has two things the factotums in the Republican Party can't replicate. (A): charisma and (B): the ability to connect to working men and women in this country. Until the Republican establishment finds a way to appeal to working men and women in this country, they will remain the minority party."

Bannon also hinted at what could turn from a brewing argument to all-out war between "establishment Republicans" and Palin. It's a group she has criticized but has also clearly benefited from -- ever since her "discovery" by Bill Kristol to her position at Fox News.

"The Republican establishment fears Gov. Palin for one simple reason: She is somebody the grassroots movement and the populist part of the Republican Party looks to for leadership. ... It's time for her to look for other avenues, other venues," Bannon said.

One thing I've learned covering Palin so closely for so many years is the loyalty she inspires in her most devoted supporters. But she also inspires hate in a way that's hard to compare to other public figures, either politicians or celebrities.

It might be a small group of diehards, but they've made it clear since the Fox News announcement they aren't going anywhere, and I think we can expect them to stay loyal in whatever reinvention Palin does next.

BSB

« Reply #8 on: January 29, 2013, 10:05:02 PM »
"Just saying, never underestimate the enemy"

You can't underestimate the right nor how dumb it is. And from The looks of this forum I'd say the same goes for you BT.

BSB

sirs

• View Profile
  • Liked:
« Reply #9 on: January 29, 2013, 10:09:20 PM »
You can always tell when the gun barrel is empty     :-\

Plane

• View Profile
  • Liked:
« Reply #10 on: January 29, 2013, 10:12:31 PM »
I am reading "The Generals", only a few chapters in ,and already I can recommend it to anyone interested in WWII.

So Mountbatten really did think Eisenhower was a dummy. I thought that was just a story , but this book really makes the case for that attitude among many Europeans.

It might be very fortunate that American capability was strongly discounted, the Axis might have killed us more if they'dve had a better idea of our capability.

sirs

• View Profile
  • Liked:
« Reply #11 on: January 29, 2013, 10:52:24 PM »
I recall how lucky we were at Midway, when we knew the Japanese were coming, but from which direction and what was their primary target.  Limited to only 3 carriers ourselves and no battleships, add a good guess that the target was Midway to catching all the Jap carriers flush with loaded planes and bombs on their flight decks, and dive bombers coming straight in from above.........yes, best not underestimate the enemy

BSB

« Reply #12 on: January 29, 2013, 10:58:47 PM »
The Generals is a good book. When you're through I got another one you'll like. It's about the insurgency that took place within the Army during the Iraq/Afghan wars that lead to officers from Special Operations taking command of the wars. West Point has changed.

BSB

Christians4LessGvt

• View Profile
    • "The Religion Of Peace"
  • Liked:
« Reply #13 on: January 29, 2013, 11:01:36 PM »
You can always tell when the gun barrel is empty     :-\

Like Joe Biden?......lol
"Mr. Gorbachev, tear down this wall!" - Ronald Reagan - June 12, 1987

Plane

• View Profile
  • Liked:
« Reply #14 on: January 29, 2013, 11:31:31 PM »
The Generals is a good book. When you're through I got another one you'll like. It's about the insurgency that took place within the Army during the Iraq/Afghan wars that lead to officers from Special Operations taking command of the wars. West Point has changed.

BSB

I remember that you reccomended it.

Thank you

I have only a fraction of the reading time I used to have , so it helps to avoid wasting time reading drivel.

"The Generals " (so far) is a winner , with something new to me on almost every page.

Do you agree with the authors premise that General Marshall had a winning strategy for choosing commanders that has been lost in time since to the detriment of the Army?

That idea is almost all new to me , I have only a small Army experience and very small experience indeed with the politics of officerhood.