Author Topic: Obama perfect?  (Read 56238 times)

Cynthia

Obama perfect?
« on: June 26, 2008, 12:48:13 AM »
I have been listening to O'Reilly tonight. The Miller Time guy is on...Dennis, for short.

Ok, he makes a good point.

Are we in danger of criticizing a potential President Obama at the risk of being called a racist?

Sounds silly, but isn't this an honest point during this time in our growth as a country---

I am all for Obama...although I wanted Hillary for Prez, but are we in danger of walking on thin glass when Obama becomes our first African American president?

I realize that I am saying "when". . .but I believe we are going to see this man in office.

So, I ask the board a critical and honest question......

Will Americans be able to criticize, make fun of in SNL, etc etc if our leader is a black man?

hnumpah

• You have another think coming. Use it.
    • View Profile
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 0
Re: Obama perfect?
« Reply #1 on: June 26, 2008, 12:54:49 AM »
Will Americans be able to criticize, make fun of in SNL, etc etc if our leader is a black man?

Why not? For the last 5+ years we've been able to make fun of a mentally handicapped president.
"I love WikiLeaks." - Donald Trump, October 2016

Plane

• View Profile
  • Liked:
« Reply #2 on: June 26, 2008, 12:57:54 AM »
The campaign trail is tough, we still have some time to get to know Senator Obama.

We definately need to know that he can handle the job , if he cannot ,then being the first Black skinned president might be his sole accomplishment .

That would not be enough.

Cynthia

« Reply #3 on: June 26, 2008, 01:08:02 AM »

Why not? For the last 5+ years we've been able to make fun of a mentally handicapped president.

ah, but HP, your response is too quick in terms of an honest thought provoking response. You have not given enough time to ponder on the question, I have to say.

This is a BLACK MALE...not an idiot, like Bush.

Your point holds little water.  Think, man think......we are not talking about a man who was an idiot and a buffoon.... like BUSH.

Perhaps it is too soon to elect a man of color in the times in which we live.....because by doing so, will we not send him in the arena as the lamb to be slaughtered based on race?   IMO, Obama  just might become the most eloquent president since Lincoln, but I will never jump to judge him as we have done so with past presidents, like Bush, no matter what decisions he makes as our leader.

WHY? BECAUSE of his race. I want him to win as a liberal AND competent BLACK MALE.
I am being honest for now, that is. Let's just see if the average American will either hate him because of race or love him too much because of race.

« Last Edit: June 26, 2008, 01:13:21 AM by Cynthia »

Christians4LessGvt

• View Profile
    • "The Religion Of Peace"
  • Liked:
« Reply #4 on: June 26, 2008, 08:27:29 AM »
"I want him to win as a liberal AND competent BLACK MALE"

I want him to lose because he is super liberal and believe (regardless of color) he is not competent to be
President of the United States. I agree with the former Democratic VP nominee that said about Barack Hussein Obama: if he "was a white man, he would not be in this position....He happens to be very lucky to be who he is......"
« Last Edit: June 26, 2008, 09:15:12 AM by ChristiansUnited4LessGvt »
"Mr. Gorbachev, tear down this wall!" - Ronald Reagan - June 12, 1987

Xavier_Onassis

• View Profile
  • Liked:
« Reply #5 on: June 26, 2008, 09:14:03 AM »
I want him to WIN because it will be a major step against racism that holds everyone back in my country. I want an end to Juniorbush's unwinnable war, and a government that cares more about the Americans people than the shareholders of Blackwater, Halliburton, Big Oil, Big Pharma, and others profiteering from wars and the stupidity and incompetence of the oligarchy.

No party has ever deserved punishment so much as the asshole Republicans. They seem to have accomplished their goal of outdoing the corruption and incompetence of Nixon.
"Time flies like an arrow; fruit flies like a banana."

Christians4LessGvt

• View Profile
  • Liked:
« Reply #6 on: June 26, 2008, 09:18:00 AM »

"asshole Republicans"

Boy I bet the uniter Obama would be really proud!  :D

Xavier_Onassis

• View Profile
  • Liked:
« Reply #7 on: June 26, 2008, 10:15:24 AM »
But they are assholes.

They should repent.

I do not work for Obama, jerk.

Christians4LessGvt

• View Profile
  • Liked:
« Reply #8 on: June 26, 2008, 10:52:01 AM »
But they are assholes.

I am an "asshole" because I study an issue and arrive at a different conclusion than you do?
LOL yeah thats real bright XO.

Big brave guy on the computer!  ::)

hnumpah

• You have another think coming. Use it.
    • View Profile
  • Liked:
« Reply #9 on: June 26, 2008, 10:53:31 AM »
ah, but HP, your response is too quick in terms of an honest thought provoking response. You have not given enough time to ponder on the question, I have to say.

Your point holds little water.  Think, man think......we are not talking about a man who was an idiot and a buffoon.... like BUSH.

I did think. If we can poke fun at idjits, why not poke fun at a black man? Not because he's black, but because he's scrawny (maybe Michelle can't cook), has big ears, who knows what other reasons might come up - hell, in office, there is even the chance he might prove even less intelligent than the current contestant, though that would be a stretch. Just because he might be the first black president is no reason to give him a pass.

Perhaps it is too soon to elect a man of color in the times in which we live.....because by doing so, will we not send him in the arena as the lamb to be slaughtered based on race?   IMO, Obama  just might become the most eloquent president since Lincoln, but I will never jump to judge him as we have done so with past presidents, like Bush, no matter what decisions he makes as our leader.

WHY? BECAUSE of his race. I want him to win as a liberal AND competent BLACK MALE.
I am being honest for now, that is. Let's just see if the average American will either hate him because of race or love him too much because of race.

So you are one of those who want him to win just because he is black? I wouldn't care if he was purple, but if he's not competent to hold the position, I don't want him there. Just being black isn't enough.
"I love WikiLeaks." - Donald Trump, October 2016

Cynthia

« Reply #10 on: June 26, 2008, 01:03:30 PM »
But they are assholes.

I am an "asshole" because I study an issue and arrive at a different conclusion than you do?
LOL yeah thats real bright XO.

Big brave guy on the computer!  ::)

Why CU4, who knew? You look like a man ready for the World Record book.
 ;)

Cynthia

« Reply #11 on: June 26, 2008, 01:19:11 PM »

Your point holds little water.  Think, man think......we are not talking about a man who was an idiot and a buffoon.... like BUSH.

I did think. If we can poke fun at idjits, why not poke fun at a black man? Not because he's black, but because he's scrawny (maybe Michelle can't cook), has big ears, who knows what other reasons might come up - hell, in office, there is even the chance he might prove even less intelligent than the current contestant, though that would be a stretch. Just because he might be the first black president is no reason to give him a pass.

Perhaps it is too soon to elect a man of color in the times in which we live.....because by doing so, will we not send him in the arena as the lamb to be slaughtered based on race?   IMO, Obama  just might become the most eloquent president since Lincoln, but I will never jump to judge him as we have done so with past presidents, like Bush, no matter what decisions he makes as our leader.

So you are one of those who want him to win just because he is black? I wouldn't care if he was purple, but if he's not competent to hold the position, I don't want him there. Just being black isn't enough.

No, I actually wanted Clinton (sans her hubby if that was at all possible) and not because she is a woman, but because she is a strong liberal candidate with more experience in world affairs tha nObama. I think Obama supports change and cares about more of the nation's ills than McCain.

Just because he might be the first black president is no reason to give him a pass.

He will not be given a free pass if elected into office. It goes without saying most presidents find themselves  the subject of parody on SNL,  in political comic strips, etc. It will be interesting to see how the race card is called when Obama begins the very needed readjustment of government as president.

Michael Tee

• View Profile
  • Liked:
« Reply #12 on: June 26, 2008, 04:37:13 PM »
Does it really look like anybody is going to give Obama a pass?  So far, we've heard he's a Muslim, a bosom buddy of terrorists AND crooked developers, an incompetent, inexperienced ignoramus who thinks there are 57 States and he wasn't even born in Hawaii because his birth certificate was faked.  Now just wait till the campaign gets into its final weeks.

Plane

• View Profile
  • Liked:
« Reply #13 on: June 26, 2008, 06:16:54 PM »
Does it really look like anybody is going to give Obama a pass?  So far, we've heard he's a Muslim, and he wasn't even born in Hawaii because his birth certificate was faked.

Probly not true.

a bosom buddy of terrorists... crooked developers, an incompetent, inexperienced ignoramus who thinks there are 57 States
Proven true , this was self inflicted damage.
  Now just wait till the campaign gets into its final weeks.

I am looking forward to it , lots of amusement watching the truth being mixed with untruth both to expand the accusation and to destroy the credibility of the accusations.

Xavier_Onassis

• View Profile
  • Liked:
« Reply #14 on: June 26, 2008, 07:54:13 PM »
This 57 state thing is no longer a problem. I am pretty sure he knows that there are just fifty by now.

He was tired and meant to say that he had visited 47 states of the fifty.