Author Topic: $700 Billion? OK, election's over. Obama wins.  (Read 3758 times)

Michael Tee

• View Profile
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 0
Re: $700 Billion? OK, election's over. Obama wins.
« Reply #45 on: September 23, 2008, 12:08:35 PM »
<<You have this absolute need to take a person's 1st quote, take it completely out of context . . . >>

I have asked you, probably three or four times by now, if I took the words out of context, SHOW ME THE CONTEXT in which the words were spoken, that would give them a different meaning than the totally plain and obvious meaning they have:  "The fundamentals of our economy are strong."

The words are plain and unambiguous.  There is NO WAY that they can be misunderstood.  Perhaps they were taken out of context.  OK - - SO SHOW US THE CONTEXT in which they were spoken.  Show us what words led up to those words.  Show us what words follow them.  Explain how the words spoken before and/or after those words (the context) give those words a different meaning.

You have failed each and every time I asked you to give us the context of the words.  Yet without giving any context at all, you continue to insist that the words were taken out of context.  sirs, you are just making yourself look ridiculous. 

<< . . .then proclaim, after processing it thru your twisted Bush is evil, McCain is evil, American military is evil, rant machine, procliam THIS is what so & so meant>>

No, sirs, I don't "proclaim" what the words meant.  That's your usual right-wing bullshit mind at work again, thinking that words can mean whatever you say they mean.  They can't.  Words DO have meaning, and you can't change history simply by claiming that words mean something else whenever you want to change what you or McCain has said.

"The fundamentals of our economy are strong" mean what they say, and I have absolutely no power to "proclaim" what they mean.  Neither do you and neither does John McCain.  Only in the Bizarro World of right-wing fantasy can you say one thing today and the very next day "proclaim" that your words of yesterday mean something entirely different today and in fact meant something entirely different yesterday.  It doesn't work that way and you should know that by now.

<< . . .  and you can forget any futher clarification>>

Clarification?  What clarification?  There was nothing unclear in what McCain said.  Words mean what they say.  "The fundamentals of our economy" mean "the fundamentals of our economy."  "The American worker" means "the American worker."  The one does not mean the other.  Not by any stretch of the imagination, not even McCain's, not even sirs'.

Your increasingly frantic, desperate and may I say frankly,ridiculous attempts to erase McCain's words from the record are starting to look like an old Joey Bishop comedy routine.  Joey Bishop's wife comes home unexpectedly one day to find Joey and some babe in their underwear under the covers in bed.  The wife starts yelling, "You bum!  You bastard! (whatever they permitted on TV at the time) "How can you do this to me?"  And all the time she's yelling non-stop, Joey and the babe don't say a word.  They jump out of bed immediately, pull their clothes on, make the bed perfectly, silently, all at top speed and the babe grabs her handbag and briskly walks out the bedroom door, and then Joey turns to the wife with this air of injured innocence and says, "What?  Whaddaya yellin for?  Whatsamadder?"

Well that's TV comedy.  In the real world, you can't undo something that was done and recorded.  McCain said what he said.  It meant what it meant.  All this "taken out of context" crap is just that - - crap.  You haven't shown any context it was taken out of that would have given it any different meaning.  You didn't even bother to show the context, because, obviously, it would have changed nothing.

I can say today, "America should be invaded by giant cockroaches and eaten up" and then say tomorrow that I MEANT to say "America has a cockroach problem" but that would be one big fucking lie, fooling nobody.  Same with McCain - - sure he SAYS he meant something totally different now from what he actually said then.  But that's just one big fucking lie, fooling nobody.  (Well, not nobody, obviously he's still got YOU fooled, but fooling ALMOST nobody, if what the polls indicate are accurate.)

<<Tee has spoken, and it is what it is.>>

Ahh, if only THAT were your problem, sirs.  Your problem is that MCCAIN has spoken and said what he said.  And everyone heard him.  And everyone (almost) knows exactly what the old fool meant.

sirs

• View Profile
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 0
Re: $700 Billion? OK, election's over. Obama wins.
« Reply #46 on: September 23, 2008, 01:18:28 PM »
Sorry if the follow-up clarifications completely destroy your continued lie on what YOU have concluded McCain was supposed to mean, and damn any follow-up which makes it even clearer, how wrong you were.  Then again, leftist SOP....Repeat that lie enough, and pray that the electorate is too dumb to realize it 
"The worst form of inequality is to try to make unequal things equal." -- Aristotle