Author Topic: so, if the Dems "really" believe "Bush lied-people died"...  (Read 8896 times)

sirs

• View Profile
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 0
Re: so, if the Dems "really" believe "Bush lied-people died"...
« Reply #15 on: November 09, 2006, 03:20:03 PM »
For going to war?

If it was founded on a littany of lies, and that our men & women in uniform who were put at risk and died as a result of such lies, not to mention all the collateral death, why wouldn't it?

What would you charge someone with for that, if you actually believed it were true?

Let's ask Tee & Brass

Some people said that about Clinton and Kosovo as well.

I wasn't one of them
"The worst form of inequality is to try to make unequal things equal." -- Aristotle

Brassmask

• View Profile
  • Liked:
« Reply #16 on: November 09, 2006, 03:21:41 PM »
Isn't Lying to Congress a crime?

Wouldn't it at least be considering a "misdemeanor" as in "high crimes and..."?

Mucho

« Reply #17 on: November 09, 2006, 03:22:13 PM »
For going to war?

What would you charge someone with for that, if you actually believed it were true?

Some people said that about Clinton and Kosovo as well. Jay (wonder where he is now) who used to be around and then ran that blog with Jane used to have a litany of reasons why Kosovo was a war Clinton lied us into. Even if you believe it, what charge are you going to use?

My old buddy, Jay < gave up political blogging (probly cause he was never correc, but alway right) and the last time I heard gone into sports blogging. He is the reverse Keith Olberman.

Brassmask

• View Profile
  • Liked:
« Reply #18 on: November 09, 2006, 03:34:56 PM »
I think Jay gave up on political blogging because he didn't have the stomach that RR and Sirs have for carrying the GOP's garbage.

sirs

• View Profile
  • Liked:
« Reply #19 on: November 09, 2006, 03:41:32 PM »
I think Jay gave up on political blogging because he didn't have the stomach that RR and Sirs have for carrying the GOP's garbage.

Left's lies of the right's garbage is the world's reality       :-\
"The worst form of inequality is to try to make unequal things equal." -- Aristotle

Amianthus

• Bring on the flames...
    • View Profile
    • Mario's Home Page
  • Liked:
« Reply #20 on: November 09, 2006, 04:09:07 PM »

Maybe he just got sick of being called a Nazi and decided to avoid those slinging insults?
Do not anticipate trouble, or worry about what may never happen. Keep in the sunlight. (Benjamin Franklin)

Brassmask

• View Profile
  • Liked:
« Reply #21 on: November 09, 2006, 04:16:44 PM »
Maybe he just got sick of being called a Nazi and decided to avoid those slinging insults?

You mean, he became a liberal?

Amianthus

• Bring on the flames...
    • View Profile
    • Mario's Home Page
  • Liked:
« Reply #22 on: November 09, 2006, 04:17:42 PM »
You mean, he became a liberal?

I didn't say he wanted to become one of those people slinging insults. Where did you get that from?

8)
Do not anticipate trouble, or worry about what may never happen. Keep in the sunlight. (Benjamin Franklin)

_JS

• Salaires legers. Chars lourds.
    • View Profile
  • Liked:
« Reply #23 on: November 09, 2006, 04:32:29 PM »

He must not comment on College Football in the South then.
I smell something burning, hope it's just my brains.
They're only dropping peppermints and daisy-chains
   So stuff my nose with garlic
   Coat my eyes with butter
   Fill my ears with silver
   Stick my legs in plaster
   Tell me lies about Vietnam.

BT

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • DebateGate
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 3

BT

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • DebateGate
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 3
« Reply #25 on: November 09, 2006, 04:46:25 PM »
How fast should we expect to see Impeachment proceedings?  1st week.  1st month at the latest right? 

They won't impeach and they won't end the war.

They will simply change vendors.

Brassmask

• View Profile
  • Liked:
« Reply #26 on: November 09, 2006, 05:20:24 PM »

They will simply change vendors.

See, now I don't really believe that either.  The people who were elected, a goodly number of them, were anti-war.  I don't think that impeachment really is the goal for a lot of them but I DO think that they will startmaking some real decisions on how to get out of Iraq.  And if they can't think of a way out, they won't say it.  Expecially if they're running for re-election.

larry

« Reply #27 on: November 09, 2006, 05:33:25 PM »

BT, I agree. The total number of congress is fixed at 435. Only 31 have been replaced. Of the upper house there are 100 and only six of those have been replaced. The fact is the greater majority of both houses voted to grant Bush his ever desire. I'd say everyone on the hill is terrified of the possible domino effect if Bush is impeached. I believe, President Bush will be protected by those who were corrupted by the Bush Administration. I believe, The New World Order, has undermine the U.S. Constitution and both parties, Dems and Reps are guilty of duplicity. I also believe, this is no longer a "conspiracy theory" there is overwhelming evidence that will show foreign governments and multinational corporations are dictating to the house. The 37 new representatives are freshman, they will have little to no influence in the new congress. We need oversight, if the Democrats fail to deliver that oversight, we need to hang one lantern in the old north church in Boston.

sirs

• View Profile
  • Liked:
« Reply #28 on: November 10, 2006, 01:39:32 AM »
One of the main fellas that led the Bush lied us into war diatribes apparently doens't think it's a big deal now.  I guess it really was simply to score political points.  Can't get much more disgustingly pathetic, in my book

Howard Dean to Jon Stewart: We Won't Impeach Bush

By E&P Staff
Published: November 08, 2006

NEW YORK Appearing on Comedy Central's "The Daily Show" tonight, Democratic Party chief Howard Dean told host Jon Stewart, "I know half your audience wants us to impeach the president" -- this drew wide cheers -- "but it's not going to happen."

Stewart apologized to Dean, and admitted he was wrong, for telling him on a previous appearance that the Democrats could not possibly win unless they staked out a clear policy on Iraq and other issues. (sirs; which is apparent that they didn't, and which also helps validate that this wasn't so much the Dems that beat the Republicans, it was much more that the Republicans who beat themselves)

He also noted the two key breakups announced Wednesday: Britney and KFed and Bush and "DFeld," as Stewart called Donald Rumsfeld.

Stewart also said that President Bush seemed a bit humbled during his press conference today and perhaps was ready to compromise and work with the Democrats. Dean reminded him that this was the same person who brought us "Rumsfeld and Cheney."

Later, on the Colbert Report, host Stephen Colbert noted the election success enjoyed by nearly everyone who had appeared on his show this year, such as Rep. Eliot Engel of New York -- who had let him comb his moustache.

John Hall, who won a stunning upset, also in upstate New York -- after getting what Colbert called "The Colbert Bump"-- returned to the show and the two sang a rousing version of "The Star Spangled Banner." They had done the same in Hall's first visit, but it was cut from the show-- but ended up on YouTube. So this one was for everyone. Hall is the former leader of the rock group Orleans.

http://editorandpublisher.com/eandp/news/article_display.jsp?vnu_content_id=1003379813&imw=Y

« Last Edit: November 10, 2006, 11:44:14 AM by sirs »

Xavier_Onassis

• View Profile
  • Liked:
« Reply #29 on: November 10, 2006, 03:37:59 AM »
It is beyond obvious that Juniorbush and Cheney both lied like orange shag throw rugs to get the US into this useless and unwinnable war. Both of them deserve impeachment, conviction, removal from office and major prison time for all the evil crap they did as well as  their gross incompetence.

But they will probably get away with their crimes, simply because what the country needs is an end to this foolish war and a return to decent democratic government.

"Time flies like an arrow; fruit flies like a banana."