Author Topic: 1st Presidential Debate  (Read 3481 times)

Brassmask

• View Profile
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 0
Re: 1st Presidential Debate
« Reply #30 on: September 27, 2008, 03:17:24 AM »
Hey, dude, did I say anything like "next time, he better come out and do so and so or I'm voting McCain or not voting?"  No, I didn't.  I stated my hopes.  I stated I believe he held his own.

Hmm I don't believe i said you would get all dejected and vote for McCain. So who is doing the projecting, dude?

McCain will just attack, attack, attack because that's the only way he can control the news cycles and by the third debate, everyone be saying that McCain had it comin' when he's laying on the floor with his back broken.

Perhaps i misread this. This is not what you hope he will do next time?

Figuratively speaking, I do hope he does that but that doesn't mean I am going to email the campaign and make that suggestion nor do I hope that a bunch of other people rush in with advice and push him into that position you described re: Gore.  I just hope he does it and it is part of their plan.  That is the outcome that I would find most satisfying narrative-wise, mostly because I think it might win him a landslide victory in November.

I was talking about my own personal wishes, observations and hopes not what I think he should do in order to keep my vote.

BT

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • DebateGate
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 3
« Reply #31 on: September 27, 2008, 03:45:37 AM »
I was talking about my own personal wishes, observations and hopes not what I think he should do in order to keep my vote.

So this is what you would do if you were in his shoes?

Knutey

« Reply #32 on: September 27, 2008, 10:37:53 AM »
hey bth got theyr message across and that was good for BigO. McCain pushed his experience which is what lost it foe Hillary and O his judgement which won the nomination for him. McCain managed to come off not as a doddering old geezer and hot head, but did nearly lose it at one point . O will only need to needle him a little m ore next time for McCain to show his shriveled ass to the world again.

Brassmask

• View Profile
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 0
« Reply #33 on: September 29, 2008, 07:40:35 PM »

So this is what you would do if you were in his shoes?

I doubt it.  I imagine I would try to be as presidential as possible.  Maybe not as much body-slamming as I'd enjoy as a Obama-supporting voter/debate viewer.