Author Topic: Obama throws Israel under the Bus  (Read 128212 times)

Xavier_Onassis

• View Profile
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 0
Re: Obama throws Israel under the Bus
« Reply #300 on: May 28, 2011, 04:10:03 PM »
The syntax of your sentence is so confused that it makes no sense.

The West Bank is heavily populated. There is no way to put space between cities there.

If there are two states in this area, there is no way either will have "invasion proof borders".

Any country can be invaded with aircraft and drones.
"Time flies like an arrow; fruit flies like a banana."

sirs

• View Profile
  • Liked:
« Reply #301 on: May 28, 2011, 04:35:35 PM »
Hopefully the clarity and common sense applied, cleared up your confusion

And no, no one is claiming anything of the kind, as it relates to a "invasion proof border".  That would be referred to as........drum roll........a deflection.  The issues is that the further one's boundry is from one's population center, the better defended that population center becomes. 

Think of it, this way, that even someone as uninformed in military doctrine & tactics, as even you appear to be, its harder to kill civilians when you're launching rockets miles upon miles away, vs few hundred yards.  Its harder to kill civilians period when you're kept further away from them.  Not to mention its easier to defend from higher positions, then from a low position.  Its why you'd want to have look-out posts and defensive shooting positions up high, and now down at ground level
« Last Edit: May 28, 2011, 05:27:40 PM by sirs »
"The worst form of inequality is to try to make unequal things equal." -- Aristotle

Xavier_Onassis

• View Profile
  • Liked:
« Reply #302 on: May 28, 2011, 07:21:49 PM »
Just look at a map of Israel and the West Bank. There can be no borders more defensible there  than between Massachusetts,  Rhode Island and Connecticut. Netanyahu is just sending up another of the smokescreens that he uses to avoid any real negotiations.

This is, as I pointed out, because he is a dickhead.

sirs

• View Profile
  • Liked:
« Reply #303 on: May 28, 2011, 07:44:26 PM »
The issue isn't about a defensible vs a non-defensible border, NEAR as much as what is a better defensible border.....1 that is close to population centers, like Jerulesem, or one that is farther away?  One that is right next to it, or one that is on much higher ground as well as farther away?

For those with faulty logic circuits, it would be the latter

When the Palestinans get Hamas to remove from its charter the death of the state they wish to "co-exist" with, then real negotiations can start

And last time I looked, RI wasn't lobbing any rockets into Connecticut either.  If they were, Connecticut would want their own version of a West Bank, to push the launching of those rockets further away
"The worst form of inequality is to try to make unequal things equal." -- Aristotle

BT

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • DebateGate
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 3
« Reply #304 on: May 28, 2011, 08:47:36 PM »
I think Israel should cling to what lands it holds in anticipation of the UN vote declaring Palestinian statehood, so that when they finally do negotiate they do so with a weakened hand.

Xavier_Onassis

• View Profile
  • Liked:
« Reply #305 on: May 28, 2011, 09:00:37 PM »
As I said, if Israel does not negotiate, it is doomed.

Plane

• View Profile
  • Liked:
« Reply #306 on: May 29, 2011, 12:07:12 AM »

If it does negotiate it is doomed?

What about negotiation would prevent doom?

Xavier_Onassis

• View Profile
  • Liked:
« Reply #307 on: May 29, 2011, 02:01:00 AM »
If Israel can negotiate a peace with the Palestinians, there will not be a likelihood that Arabs outnumber them in the territory they control.Palestinians are among the best educated Arabs and the West Bank is becoming rather prosperous as a result of their labor. When people become prosperous,they want to send their children to college, which is expensive, so they tend to have many fewer children.

Of course, the idea of a state based on one religion is a really bad idea, and is just as bad for the Israelis as it is for the Muslims, so I do not see this persisting for more than another 50 years or so.

Negotiation would bring harmony and cooperation, a decrease in the birthrate,and less of a depletion of water and other resources.

Plane

• View Profile
  • Liked:
« Reply #308 on: May 29, 2011, 10:21:31 AM »
I think you had it when you pointed out that the two nations will be theocratic .

Both theocracys think that possession of Jeruslem is important.

I don't understand why you think that diplomacy can serve for birth controll, that hasn't been my experience with b.c. at all.

sirs

• View Profile
  • Liked:
« Reply #309 on: May 29, 2011, 02:24:11 PM »

Actually, the reality is if the Palestinians don't negotiate, Peace is doomed

Xavier_Onassis

• View Profile
  • Liked:
« Reply #310 on: May 29, 2011, 02:50:52 PM »
If Israel becomes an unfit place to live,the Israelis, being prosperous, will simply leave, one at a time, like the Israeli mechanic that fixes my car. Palestinians have a lesser chance of doing this, because they lack money and connections.

Most years, more Israelis come to the US from Israel than vice versa. I think that this is also true of Canada, Chile and Australia.

sirs

• View Profile
  • Liked:
« Reply #311 on: May 29, 2011, 03:04:22 PM »
If Israel becomes an unfit place to live,the Israelis, being prosperous, will simply leave, one at a time, like the Israeli mechanic that fixes my car.

Anything's possible.  I wouldn't recommend you betting the farm on that one though

Most years, more Israelis come to the US from Israel than vice versa. I think that this is also true of Canada, Chile and Australia.

*snicker* many of whom come for a "wretched capitalist healthcare"  Go figure

Xavier_Onassis

• View Profile
  • Liked:
« Reply #312 on: May 29, 2011, 04:00:57 PM »
I do not think many, and certainly not most, come here for health care.
Israel, being a Jewish country, does not lack for good doctors. If you are a relative, I am sure you can get a really good deal.

I have know Israeli-Americans who have gone to Tel Aviv for heart surgery and facelifts.They came back more frisky and pretty, too.

It might be that more go there for medical treatment than come here. It is cheaper there.

sirs

• View Profile
  • Liked:
« Reply #313 on: May 29, 2011, 05:05:49 PM »
Given my connection with the Healthcare industry, its far more likely that more come here for their medical treatment, than go there.  It's better, more comprehensive, and faster here

Xavier_Onassis

• View Profile
  • Liked:
« Reply #314 on: May 29, 2011, 06:09:24 PM »
That does not mean that more Israelis come here than go there. Medical care in Israel is free to citizens. We do not do free here. I question that Israelis come here to see you in sufficient quantities to tip the balance.