Author Topic: Obama throws Israel under the Bus  (Read 127998 times)

sirs

• View Profile
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 0
Re: Obama throws Israel under the Bus
« Reply #360 on: May 31, 2011, 11:26:47 AM »
Sweet cartoons..........if only they were true      :-\
"The worst form of inequality is to try to make unequal things equal." -- Aristotle

Xavier_Onassis

• View Profile
  • Liked:
« Reply #361 on: May 31, 2011, 01:22:00 PM »
They are not untrue. Thanks Henny. I assume that these are from the Jordanian press?

The US and Israel are directly responsible for the eternal blockages of traffic from one part of the WB to another.
Children are not prejudiced, especially if they know one another and can play with one another. This does not happen if there is a wall between them.

If two children had treehouses above the wall, they would almost certainly be torn down by the Israelis, so that one is untrue. And Palestinians children to not blow bubbles at soldiers who aim rifles at their heads, but that one is more of a mood piece.

And the wall will fall. It will not require the return of Reagan to cause this, either.
"Time flies like an arrow; fruit flies like a banana."

sirs

• View Profile
  • Liked:
« Reply #362 on: May 31, 2011, 01:33:15 PM »
They are not untrue.

Yea, they are.  Soldiers aren't targeting and assasinating children blowing bubbles.  Palestinian children are being taught, IN SCHOOL, that Israel is evil, that it doesn't really belong where it currently sits. 

"The worst form of inequality is to try to make unequal things equal." -- Aristotle

Xavier_Onassis

• View Profile
  • Liked:
« Reply #363 on: May 31, 2011, 01:39:36 PM »
And Israeli children are being taught that God gave them "Judea and Samaria" ie the entire West Bank.

As I said, the soldier and the bubbleboy are  a mood piece. Neither IDF soldiers nor Palestinians kids are dumb enough to take the position in the cartoon. The idea that there is an armed threat to a peaceful, innocent childhood, however is certainly true.

sirs

• View Profile
  • Liked:
« Reply #364 on: May 31, 2011, 02:11:40 PM »
I love the rationalizations you're providing, which then validates my point all the more, i.e. not true, as far as the cartoons go, and the point that Palestinian children are still being fed propoganda on the evils of Israel, and how it that state doesn't exist in their school books.

Xavier_Onassis

• View Profile
  • Liked:
« Reply #365 on: May 31, 2011, 02:39:18 PM »
So the Palestinian children deserve to be punished for life as third class citizens because of what is in their schoolbooks?

Israeli children are also indoctrinated. Americans are also indoctrinated as well.

Nothing validates your silly points outside of the mythical Land of Sirs.

sirs

• View Profile
  • Liked:
« Reply #366 on: May 31, 2011, 02:45:36 PM »
No, the Palestinian children should be taught that Israel exists, that it is not "evil", that the 2 countries can live together, recognizing EACH OTHER's right to exist.

Instead of the current status quo of Anti-israel propoganda, and the perpetuation of no peace, in their lifetime, or that of their childrens'

Henny

• View Profile
  • Liked:
« Reply #367 on: June 01, 2011, 12:33:23 AM »
Sweet cartoons..........if only they were true      :-\

They are true to the people living there. This is their life, not yours. You've never even set foot in the region, so I beg to differ with your perception of "true" based on the U.S. media.

Henny

• View Profile
  • Liked:
« Reply #368 on: June 01, 2011, 12:36:13 AM »
They are not untrue. Thanks Henny. I assume that these are from the Jordanian press?

The US and Israel are directly responsible for the eternal blockages of traffic from one part of the WB to another.
Children are not prejudiced, especially if they know one another and can play with one another. This does not happen if there is a wall between them.

If two children had treehouses above the wall, they would almost certainly be torn down by the Israelis, so that one is untrue. And Palestinians children to not blow bubbles at soldiers who aim rifles at their heads, but that one is more of a mood piece.

And the wall will fall. It will not require the return of Reagan to cause this, either.

XO, they are from a new book called Graphic Palestine - all art by Palestinian artists.

Excellent analysis on the bubble blowing - as I said below, true to the people living there and a deeper piece that can be interpreted in many different ways. Except for a blunt analysis of course - no kid is going to walk up to an Israeli soldier and blow bubbles at him.

Henny

• View Profile
  • Liked:
« Reply #369 on: June 01, 2011, 12:39:02 AM »
They are not untrue.

Yea, they are.  Soldiers aren't targeting and assasinating children blowing bubbles.  Palestinian children are being taught, IN SCHOOL, that Israel is evil, that it doesn't really belong where it currently sits.

No school required for them to be taught anything. They are learning realities on the ground. Do you think that they might otherwise consider their occupiers benevolent? Stockholm Syndrome, perhaps? And did you not consider what Israeli children are learning in their schools, that is probably unnecessary based on the situation on the ground?

And damnit, that is an interpretive piece. No offense, but art museums must not be your thing.

Henny

• View Profile
  • Liked:
« Reply #370 on: June 01, 2011, 12:40:33 AM »
I love the rationalizations you're providing, which then validates my point all the more, i.e. not true, as far as the cartoons go, and the point that Palestinian children are still being fed propoganda on the evils of Israel, and how it that state doesn't exist in their school books.

These are not children's cartoons. These are from an adult book. And really, you can't be any way but lopsided - you should see some right wing Israeli newspaper cartoons.

Henny

• View Profile
  • Liked:
« Reply #371 on: June 01, 2011, 12:48:31 AM »
If I had a million dollars...

No, not the Barenaked Ladies song. My own song.

If I had a million dollars and a magic wish, I would pick up a group of ya'll and dump you right in Gaza and let you live the reality for a few weeks. To see things how they really are. To live with the "benevolent" occupiers.

After that you could cross over into Israel and see how you feel about everything.

I also understand now why BSB and others have asked BT to delete them from the group and block them. I keep walking away, practically screaming, and then coming back in a few days later to see the responses that I know will upset me because they are so horribly misguided, skewed and misinformed.  :-\

Plane

• View Profile
  • Liked:
« Reply #372 on: June 01, 2011, 01:03:06 AM »

If I had a million dollars and a magic wish, I would pick up a group of ya'll and dump you right in Gaza and let you live the reality for a few weeks. To see things how they really are. To live with the "benevolent" occupiers.

After that you could cross over into Israel and see how you feel about everything.

Being generous with your point of view is as good as anyone can do.

You may not be buying us all airline tickets , but the peice of your mind is valuable too.

Don't worry about , we arn't converted , ephipanys arn't easy.

What we gain in spite of all  the dehumanised are depicted as people

Through little holes poked in our illusions.

Henny

• View Profile
  • Liked:
« Reply #373 on: June 01, 2011, 01:23:24 AM »

Being generous with your point of view is as good as anyone can do.

You may not be buying us all airline tickets , but the peice of your mind is valuable too.

Don't worry about , we arn't converted , ephipanys arn't easy.

What we gain in spite of all  the dehumanised are depicted as people

Through little holes poked in our illusions.

Thanks, Plane.  :)

Christians4LessGvt

• View Profile
    • "The Religion Of Peace"
  • Liked:
« Reply #374 on: June 01, 2011, 10:45:12 AM »
Henny....do you not understand....this is war.
Like General Sherman in the US Civil War said..."war is hell"
There are two sides to every war....
Either side can surrender at any time....
The American Indian..finally gave up..& we now sit on & control the once disputed land
Most people in the world sit on land today that was once controlled by someone else
Israel has possession and control of the disputed land
Your side wants the land and control
Israel does not want to give up the land or control
It's happened a milllion times throughout human history
And will continue to happen
We don't need to visit to see how bad it is....
We already know "war is hell"
If I were Israel I would not give a single inch to anyone
whose stated goal is Israel's destruction....that would be defined as INSANITY.

I also understand now why BSB and others have asked BT to delete them from the group and block them. I keep walking away, practically screaming, and then coming back in a few days later to see the responses that I know will upset me because they are so horribly misguided, skewed and misinformed.  :-\
This is a joke? No?
That's what political discourse is......whats the point if everyone agrees?
You want people deleted (silenced) because you consider them "horribly misguided"?
You "walk away screaming mad" because there is a different opinion?
You get upset because in your opinion someone is "misinformed"?
You pretend we must visit to "really understand".
I don't have to jump off the Empire State Building to "really understand" how bad it would be.
Our opinions are of less value because we are Americans in the US?
But Iranian opinion is somehow more valued?

All the talk about how bad the Israeli's are....
Have the Egyptians been "well off" under one of their own?
Is there not massive poverty in Egypt?
Whose fault is that?
Are the Syrians being mowed down by one their own "well off"?
Besides a few oil kingdoms...where is all the wealth and innovation in anything?
Whats Iran's excuse for being so poor?
is it the boogieman again or that they are just piss poor at most things?
Where are the shining examples(plural) of freedom, voting, equal rights for women,
and innovation and non-oil wealth creation from that area of the world?

"Mr. Gorbachev, tear down this wall!" - Ronald Reagan - June 12, 1987