Author Topic: Beautiful  (Read 12078 times)

Michael Tee

• View Profile
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 0
Re: Beautiful
« Reply #30 on: November 06, 2011, 08:45:09 PM »
<<Is it more bizzaro to be against racism, or to use racism against racism?>>

Well, since your Bizarro World definition of "racism" includes calling out Uncle Toms and excludes the  real examples of racism such as the GOP, Tea Party and their supporters, I'm just going to refer back to my earlier post on "upside-down" or Bizarro World logic of the conservative mind and not get further embroiled in your endless circular arguments.

<<You have not done anything that establishes your lack of racism as far as I can tell, you have simply stated disgust with certain sections of racism, an attitude I am familiar with from the other racists I know.>>

TRANSLATION:  I (MT) don't agree with your Bizarro World definitions of racism, therefore I'm a racist like all the other racists you know. 

OK, got it.  Thanks for your opinion.  Thassall, folks.

Kramer

• Repeal ObamaCare
    • View Profile
  • Liked:
« Reply #31 on: November 06, 2011, 08:50:36 PM »
Thassall

Is that supposed to be some kinda weird jive speak?

Michael Tee

• View Profile
  • Liked:
« Reply #32 on: November 06, 2011, 09:09:50 PM »
Kramer you bastard are you making fun of the way I speak?

Kramer

• Repeal ObamaCare
    • View Profile
  • Liked:
« Reply #33 on: November 06, 2011, 09:17:47 PM »
Kramer you bastard are you making fun of the way I speak?

No Doot Aboot It

Plane

• View Profile
  • Liked:
« Reply #34 on: November 06, 2011, 09:35:46 PM »
<<Is it more bizzaro to be against racism, or to use racism against racism?>>

Well, since your Bizarro World definition of "racism" includes calling out Uncle Toms and excludes the  real examples of racism such as the GOP, Tea Party and their supporters, I'm just going to refer back to my earlier post on "upside-down" or Bizarro World logic of the conservative mind and not get further embroiled in your endless circular arguments.

<<You have not done anything that establishes your lack of racism as far as I can tell, you have simply stated disgust with certain sections of racism, an attitude I am familiar with from the other racists I know.>>

TRANSLATION:  I (MT) don't agree with your Bizarro World definitions of racism, therefore I'm a racist like all the other racists you know. 

OK, got it.  Thanks for your opinion.  Thassall, folks.

How does your definition of racism leave something so plainly racist as calling someone an "Unkle Tom" out?

It must be a pretty convoluted definition if you can decide that a person is an inappropriate type for his race to be and not consider it racist.

Remember all I ever know of you is what you say, the strength of our knoledge or logic is the main thing, I can't tell if you are smiling when you say something racist.

So your lack of racism isn't established by your race, religion or place of birth as far as I am concerned, in fact considering a northern birthplace to confer virtue is merely another brand of racism as far as I can tell.

I like this definition of racism, it is valueless, and this makes it quite apt to the real world.
http://www.goblinscomic.com/10142005/

"The catagory you place the creature in makes more diffrence to you than the individual creature."

Michael Tee

• View Profile
  • Liked:
« Reply #35 on: November 06, 2011, 09:39:47 PM »
It's OK with me, Kramer, because "Thassall" is something I stole from an old Robert Crumb strip in ZAP COMIX, "Schuman the Human," where Schuman, a seemingly middle-aged balding Jewish hippie, is cornered by two white-coated black attendants in the midst of an extremely bizarre acid-fueled rant and hauled off to a waiting ambulance from the local bug-house.  In the final frame, one of the black guys pushing him into the ambulance says, "Thassall, Shoomin."

Kramer

• Repeal ObamaCare
    • View Profile
  • Liked:
« Reply #36 on: November 06, 2011, 09:46:55 PM »
Shoomin

Is that Hebrew or Yiddish?

Michael Tee

• View Profile
  • Liked:
« Reply #37 on: November 06, 2011, 09:51:06 PM »
<<How does your definition of racism leave something so plainly racist as calling someone an "Unkle Tom" out?>>

Very simply, there's nothing "plainly racist" in calling someone an Uncle Tom.  If the shoe fits . . .   In fact, and to the contrary, it's plainly ludicrous that an anti-racist, denouncing a black man whoring for Whitey as an Uncle Tom, is being called a "racist" by the same white racists who are employing the Uncle Tom for their own racist purposes.  That's just pure Theatre of the Absurd.

<<It must be a pretty convoluted definition if you can decide that a person is an inappropriate type for his race to be and not consider it racist.>>

That's ridiculous.  Black people have group interests and a black person who goes against them and whores for white racists is going way beyond "inappropriate."  Most blacks and whites understand this.  That's why "Uncle Tom" is such effective short-hand - - everyone gets its meaning at once.  Cain's only explanation for the condemnation he receives from the majority of blacks is that they are "brainwashed."  That is ridiculous.

Michael Tee

• View Profile
  • Liked:
« Reply #38 on: November 06, 2011, 09:56:26 PM »
Schuman is a Yiddish name and it means "shoemaker."  "Shoomin" was Crumb's way of writing how the black ambulance attendant would probably have said the name, but it's pretty much the same pronunciation.

Plane

• View Profile
  • Liked:
« Reply #39 on: November 06, 2011, 10:48:10 PM »
<<How does your definition of racism leave something so plainly racist as calling someone an "Unkle Tom" out?>>

Very simply, there's nothing "plainly racist" in calling someone an Uncle Tom.  If the shoe fits . . .   In fact, and to the contrary, it's plainly ludicrous that an anti-racist, denouncing a black man whoring for Whitey as an Uncle Tom, is being called a "racist" by the same white racists who are employing the Uncle Tom for their own racist purposes.  That's just pure Theatre of the Absurd.

<<It must be a pretty convoluted definition if you can decide that a person is an inappropriate type for his race to be and not consider it racist.>>

That's ridiculous.  Black people have group interests and a black person who goes against them and whores for white racists is going way beyond "inappropriate."  Most blacks and whites understand this.  That's why "Uncle Tom" is such effective short-hand - - everyone gets its meaning at once.  Cain's only explanation for the condemnation he receives from the majority of blacks is that they are "brainwashed."  That is ridiculous.

You are missing your own point when you make it.

White people have group intrests, what is the proper term for a white person who places some other value above this group intrest?

Do you really think any white person who doesn't fall into step with the KKK is a whore and shill for antiwhite intrests?

You may have prooven to your own satisfaction that you are anti racist, but you make no logical case for this, it seems you assume this for yourself that you just cannot be racist so you don't bother to make a real case for it .

sirs

• View Profile
  • Liked:
« Reply #40 on: November 06, 2011, 11:47:40 PM »

Very simply, there's nothing "plainly racist" in calling someone an Uncle Tom.  If the shoe fits . . .   

"The worst form of inequality is to try to make unequal things equal." -- Aristotle

Michael Tee

• View Profile
  • Liked:
« Reply #41 on: November 07, 2011, 01:17:52 AM »
<<White people have group intrests, what is the proper term for a white person who places some other value above this group intrest?>>

Well, that's a very good question.  Since whites are the group holding the most power in the society already, we have to define what are white interests?  I think it's in the interests of whites to establish a genuinely egalitarian society.  To dominate other groups is NOT in the whites' interest, since the domination leads to resentment, and the resentment can be acted out.  So I guess it's in whites' interests to liberate others in their community from domination or white power, to (a) eliminate injustice for its own sake and (b) to remove a source of resentment and possible retaliation.

<<Do you really think any white person who doesn't fall into step with the KKK is a whore and shill for antiwhite intrests?>>

No, I think the KKK's interests are illegitimate and in fact counter-productive to the legitimate interests of white people.  Same as the Jewish settlers on the West Bank are counter-productive to the interests of the Jewish people generally.  Any group which thinks that its interests lie in dominating and oppressing another group are actually doing a disservice to the group, because they are creating enemies and raising bad karma which can come back and bite them  in the ass.

<<You may have prooven to your own satisfaction that you are anti racist, but you make no logical case for this, it seems you assume this for yourself that you just cannot be racist so you don't bother to make a real case for it>>

I've always been anti-racist, my mum and dad were always anti-racist and so were all my aunts and uncles.  My teachers were anti-racist even in elementary school.  My grade 4 teacher taught us about lynchings in the South and they were some of the most sickening things I ever heard.  I actually used to wish I'd never heard them.  I don't give a shit if you believe me or not.  I am the most anti-racist guy you will ever know.  Believe it or not.  I can't prove it because all I can do is put words on a keyboard, but I don't have to prove it.  I know what I am, and you can think whatever you like, it won't change who I am by one atom in my whole body..

BT

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • DebateGate
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 3
« Reply #42 on: November 07, 2011, 01:28:32 AM »
I am the most anti-racist guy you will ever know.

Seems you harbor some anti-Japanese bigotry, if memory serves.

Xavier_Onassis

• View Profile
  • Liked:
« Reply #43 on: November 07, 2011, 01:45:40 AM »
Being a Nazi in the Third Reich was clearly not something that benefited the  people of Germany, Austria and the rest of the Reich. About 20 million died, more civilians than military.

The term "Uncle Tom" comes from the rather melodramatic novel "Uncle Tom's Cabin", written by Harriet Beecher Stowe in the 1850's. Uncle Tom was an elderly Black man who always agreed with the Massa on the Plantation. It is a term well known and used by African Americans to describe a Black man who always agrees with the White man. Which is precisely what Thomas, West, Keyes, and the rest of the right wing African-Americans do routinely. As such, I do not consider it to be any sort of racist term., any more than "Mista Charlie" or "Miss Anne" are racist terms.

I think everyone has a way of seeing the world from their own perspective, so everyone has to some degree a bias in favor of their group. I can agree with my Taiwanese friend Ying that chicken feet must be delicious, but I cannot bring myself to eat a chickenfoot, and it bothers me to watch anyone eat a chicken foot, for example. I never felt all that comfortable with the emotional preaching style of many Black preachers, who frequently say things as Gospel that are nowhere in the Bible, and to hear the entire congregation holler back "Amen brother".

I would not think of telling my friend to not eat a chicken foot in front of me, nor could I say anything to correct the preacher. To do so would perhaps be racist on my part. I don't see using the term Uncle Tom to describe Cain, Sowell, West or Thomas as racist: it is simply a correct description. They have a right to be Uncle Toms that I can acknowledge.
"Time flies like an arrow; fruit flies like a banana."

Michael Tee

• View Profile
  • Liked:
« Reply #44 on: November 07, 2011, 01:48:33 AM »
<<Seems you harbor some anti-Japanese bigotry, if memory serves.>>

Those fucking bastards cut off my neighbour's tongue.  How is that bigotry?  I gotta accept them cutting off a guy's tongue because it's bigoted to hate their fucking guts for it?  Are you out of your fucking mind?