Author Topic: Poll: 80 Percent Oppose Sanctuary Cities!  (Read 7077 times)

Christians4LessGvt

• View Profile
    • "The Religion Of Peace"
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 0
Poll: 80 Percent Oppose Sanctuary Cities!
« on: February 22, 2017, 02:47:41 PM »
Americans overwhelmingly oppose sanctuary cities

An overwhelming majority of Americans believe that cities that arrest illegal immigrants for crimes should be required to turn them over to federal authorities.

The poll shows that President Trump has broad public support in his effort to crack down on sanctuary cities.

A survey from Harvard-Harris Poll provided exclusively to The Hill found that 80 percent of voters say local authorities should have to comply with the law by reporting to federal agents the illegal immigrants they come into contact with.

http://thehill.com/homenews/administration/320487-poll-americans-overwhelmingly-oppose-sanctuary-cities
"Mr. Gorbachev, tear down this wall!" - Ronald Reagan - June 12, 1987

Christians4LessGvt

• View Profile
  • Liked:
Re: Poll: 80 Percent Oppose Sanctuary Cities!
« Reply #1 on: February 22, 2017, 02:48:13 PM »

sirs

• View Profile
  • Liked:
« Reply #2 on: February 22, 2017, 03:12:40 PM »
But do you see this reported with any mainstream authority?  Of course not.  There's a template that must be adhered to, much like with abortion....blanket the coverage with stories about the "repercussions" of such policy...as if that's the norm
"The worst form of inequality is to try to make unequal things equal." -- Aristotle

kimba1

• View Profile
  • Liked:
« Reply #3 on: February 22, 2017, 03:39:07 PM »
Thats more likely due to the perceptions of a sanctuary city. I read data they are overall very safe but it only takes one incident to ruin the rep for all sanctuary cities. Notice how little we hear incidents. San francisco had a very famous homicide and has since very lttle happened. Im not too crazy about it but suspect this topic is very biased against it.

sirs

• View Profile
  • Liked:
« Reply #4 on: February 22, 2017, 05:09:48 PM »
A misrepresented perception, pushed by leftists & the media.  And last I looked, messers Los Angeles, San Francisco, & Chicago are hardly "1 incident" safe spaces
"The worst form of inequality is to try to make unequal things equal." -- Aristotle

Christians4LessGvt

• View Profile
  • Liked:
« Reply #5 on: February 22, 2017, 05:28:23 PM »
I wonder how the Left would respond if conservative cities decided to be "sanctuary cities" for fed tax evaders,"sanctuary cities" from fed gun control laws, "sanctuary cities" fed crazy snail darter epa rules, "sanctuary cities" from federal housing laws?

Christians4LessGvt

• View Profile
  • Liked:
« Reply #6 on: February 22, 2017, 05:33:32 PM »
SIRS.....I am sure these Top 10 Most Wanted in LA are all native born American citizens!...Ha Ha

http://www.lapdonline.org/top_ten_most_wanted

kimba1

• View Profile
  • Liked:
« Reply #7 on: February 22, 2017, 06:19:56 PM »
Those three cities are still very thriving tourist destinations so obviously it can't be that serious yet.

sirs

• View Profile
  • Liked:
« Reply #8 on: February 22, 2017, 08:32:04 PM »
Yea, they have areas that are good tourist attactions....and they have areas you wouldn't be caught dead in

kimba1

• View Profile
  • Liked:
« Reply #9 on: February 24, 2017, 12:50:51 AM »
I can only speak about san francisco but it`s going through a constant internal struggle on multiple issues and it`s sanctuary status is not that big a priority. the one advantage is labor which it seriously need since nobody can afford to live here. this might be why it`s it`s sanctuary status.

sirs

• View Profile
  • Liked:
« Reply #10 on: February 24, 2017, 03:00:10 AM »
Of course its not.  None of those sanctuary cities consider that status a priority to deal with.  Quite the opposite in fact, in which their fighting to ignore federal law.  I did read that the area once known as a great tourist area, up & down Market Street has completely devolved to a point, no tourists would want to traverse thru there, unless they were getting from point A to point B, and had to go thru there

kimba1

• View Profile
  • Liked:
« Reply #11 on: February 24, 2017, 04:35:04 AM »
Market street has been a tourist spot for decades . Only recently its starting to cleanup due the presense of twitter and  by finally getting funds to get it clean. The nimby people are fighting it but its hard to argue about aclean market street.  I mention how much cleaner chinatown is compared to the business district but nobody want to talk about it. I'm a landlord and im kinda consider the enemy of san francisco . Not many is more critical about san francisco than me

sirs

• View Profile
  • Liked:
« Reply #12 on: February 24, 2017, 01:12:05 PM »
I'm sure Frisco, as does LA, as does Chicago, as does Detroit, as does a host of other "sanctuary cities" have their upsides.  The reality is the proportion of up is degrading with the rise of the down, perpetuated by the horde of criminal element that the sanctuary status is pulling in.  I just heard a news report not 1 week ago, discuss just how far Friso had fallen, especially in the Market District.  And don't even go near Golden Gate park after the sun sets

kimba1

• View Profile
  • Liked:
« Reply #13 on: February 24, 2017, 03:34:07 PM »
Really? I never had problem in golden gate park and I work in deyoung museum in the very center of it . My only problem is when its dark im scared of tripping. Market street is getting cleaner due to more businesses and less empty stores. The serious problems there has nothing to do with illegals but the homeless and they do not give the impression thier from another country. Funny thing they also hate illegals and feel threaten by them.

I do agree it was an issue in the past which san franciscans refuse to talk about . We used to have serious holloween parties in the gay area call castro but it shut down by violence of certain people. They refuse to say it gang related and of a certain ethnic type which tend to be illegal. But later on the feds had to get involved and take out the largest gang in the city. But we still can't have holloween in the castro.

It seems simple capitalism is expensively fixing san francisco whether they like it or not

sirs

• View Profile
  • Liked:
« Reply #14 on: February 24, 2017, 03:48:29 PM »
Yea, really.  Just reading and listening to the myriad of news reporting the status of crime in these locations.....increasing exponentially with their sanctuary status compared to cities that don't have or push such a status