Author Topic: Republicans and evangelicals  (Read 37225 times)

Lanya

• View Profile
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 0
Re: Republicans and evangelicals
« Reply #120 on: October 19, 2006, 01:06:30 AM »
This is a very interesting train of thought.

What I'm wondering is this: If someone simply decides they are straight, and marries, and has sex with the wife, BUT fantasizes about men during the act....Is he straight?  Or is he living a lie?   God knows....
Planned Parenthood is America’s most trusted provider of reproductive health care.

sirs

• View Profile
  • Liked:
« Reply #121 on: October 19, 2006, 01:20:25 AM »
If someone simply decides they are straight, and marries, and has sex with the wife, BUT fantasizes about men during the act....Is he straight?  Or is he living a lie?   God knows....

Bingo    8)
"The worst form of inequality is to try to make unequal things equal." -- Aristotle

Lanya

• View Profile
  • Liked:
« Reply #122 on: October 19, 2006, 02:58:45 AM »
So is that an acceptable resolution to the problem of a, let's say, a woman who wants to please her family, and society, by marrying and fitting in?  Even if she knows she is attracted to women, she marries  a man, promises to love him and cherish him.
And she does this by some mental gymnastics that I don't understand, but I know some men who found out their wives were gay. I know women who found out their husbands were gay. 
If marriage is a sacrament, doesn't this just really wreck it?   
I know the Catholic church has provisions for annulment in such cases.   
Why someone would put their spouse through such helll:  Because it's socially acceptable.   That is not a good reason. 
Planned Parenthood is America’s most trusted provider of reproductive health care.

sirs

• View Profile
  • Liked:
« Reply #123 on: October 19, 2006, 08:56:03 AM »
So is that an acceptable resolution to the problem of a, let's say, a woman who wants to please her family, and society, by marrying and fitting in?  Even if she knows she is attracted to women, she marries  a man, promises to love him and cherish him.
And she does this by some mental gymnastics that I don't understand, but I know some men who found out their wives were gay. I know women who found out their husbands were gay. 
If marriage is a sacrament, doesn't this just really wreck it?. 

Not sure where you're trying to go with this "train of thought.  As you've already referenced Lanya, only God knows what's in their hearts. 
"The worst form of inequality is to try to make unequal things equal." -- Aristotle

_JS

• Salaires legers. Chars lourds.
    • View Profile
  • Liked:
« Reply #124 on: October 19, 2006, 09:07:34 AM »
Apparently JS is blind

Apparently JS recognizes bullshit when he sees it.

I happen to think Rosario Dawson and Connie Nielsen are both very attractive. Do I know them personally? No. Do you know Phoebe Cates? I doubt it. In fact, your attraction is based entirely on her physical appearance, which is why you keep responding with the "blind" comments. I notice you aren't jumping up and down about your attraction to Liz Torres.

So, do you view Phoebe like a puppy dog or a work of art? No. This isn't "appreciation," it is physical attraction with all the biological impulses implied therein.
I smell something burning, hope it's just my brains.
They're only dropping peppermints and daisy-chains
   So stuff my nose with garlic
   Coat my eyes with butter
   Fill my ears with silver
   Stick my legs in plaster
   Tell me lies about Vietnam.

_JS

• View Profile
  • Liked:
« Reply #125 on: October 19, 2006, 09:10:14 AM »
If marriage is a sacrament, doesn't this just really wreck it?   
I know the Catholic church has provisions for annulment in such cases.   
Why someone would put their spouse through such helll:  Because it's socially acceptable.   That is not a good reason.

Marriage is a sacrament Lanya and should not be entered into in this case (in my opinion). Being socially acceptable or feeling that one has a social duty is not enough to make a marriage.
   Coat my eyes with butter
   Fill my ears with silver
   Stick my legs in plaster

sirs

• View Profile
  • Liked:
« Reply #126 on: October 19, 2006, 12:08:10 PM »
Apparently JS is blind
I happen to think Rosario Dawson and Connie Nielsen are both very attractive. Do I know them personally? No. Do you know Phoebe Cates? I doubt it. In fact, your attraction is based entirely on her physical appearance, which is why you keep responding with the "blind" comments. I notice you aren't jumping up and down about your attraction to Liz Torres.
So, do you view Phoebe like a puppy dog or a work of art? No. This isn't "appreciation," it is physical attraction with all the biological impulses implied therein.

Of course she's physically attractive.  Still doesn't equate with me wanting to have sex with her, now does it.  Get the diff, yet?  Or are you trying to tell me anyone you find even mildy physically attactive you "want to do her"? ...or him for that matter?
« Last Edit: October 19, 2006, 12:41:23 PM by sirs »

_JS

• View Profile
  • Liked:
« Reply #127 on: October 19, 2006, 01:24:39 PM »
Of course she's physically attractive.  Still doesn't equate with me wanting to have sex with her, now does it.  Get the diff, yet?  Or are you trying to tell me anyone you find even mildy physically attactive you "want to do her"? ...or him for that matter?

I'm saying that a component of physical attraction has to do with biological reproduction, especially for men. Look at Scarlett Johansson. Why might one find her attractive? Now, if she were sickly would you find her as attractive?

If Phoebe Cates had HIV, would you find her as attractive?

It isn't a matter of wanting to "do her" (nice language by the way). It is simple biology. I noticed Phobe Cates is not an elderly woman. Are you attracted to any women over age 80?
   Coat my eyes with butter
   Fill my ears with silver
   Stick my legs in plaster

kimba1

• View Profile
  • Liked:
« Reply #128 on: October 19, 2006, 01:32:55 PM »

(Reminds self to tear up those credit card offers real good...)

Actually a very good idea for everybody.
it real dangerous for anyone to just toss those in the trash
I shred mine and dispose them in two seperate bins.
if they can recover them from that then they earned it.
but it`s areal good gamble it`s not gonna happen.

kimba1

• View Profile
  • Liked:
« Reply #129 on: October 19, 2006, 01:45:06 PM »
Marriage is a sacrament Lanya and should not be entered into in this case (in my opinion). Being socially acceptable or feeling that one has a social duty is not enough to make a marriage.

but social duty is the very foundation of marraige.

it`s a good bet very few people have not heard the phrase your not getting any younger.

very little requirement with emotional connection.
 the common thing I hear from engaged women is he wants kids.
not once I hear he`s very nice or anything really positive about the guy

sirs

• View Profile
  • Liked:
« Reply #130 on: October 19, 2006, 02:11:06 PM »
I'm saying that a component of physical attraction has to do with biological reproduction, especially for men. Look at Scarlett Johansson. Why might one find her attractive?   It isn't a matter of wanting to "do her" (nice language by the way). It is simple biology.

Ahh, so for you personally, you do want to do those you find physically attractive. (biologically speaking of course).  Well, then you'd be the one failing Jesus' requirements to not covet another man's wife.  I'll pray for you

kimba1

• View Profile
  • Liked:
« Reply #131 on: October 19, 2006, 02:42:59 PM »
I`m guilty of that.
covet is a desire not a action.
so it really shouldn`t be a problem til it`s made an action.
I covet all over the place and i still don`t see a problem
i covet at least a dozen times a day.
I covet soo much It really is impossible to list
it`s just a matter of degree
I`m not gonna or want to do anything about who I covet.
maybe it`s because they`re so many i can`t do anything
that could be the answer covet soo many I won`t obsess over one.
moderation is the key to
I just covet right now.

_JS

• View Profile
  • Liked:
« Reply #132 on: October 19, 2006, 02:48:07 PM »
Ahh, so for you personally, you do want to do those you find physically attractive. (biologically speaking of course).  Well, then you'd be the one failing Jesus' requirements to not covet another man's wife.  I'll pray for you

That's awfully callous ("you do want to do").

Do I think about some women in a sexual way? Absolutely. I'm a man. I'm not going to lie about that.
   Coat my eyes with butter
   Fill my ears with silver
   Stick my legs in plaster

sirs

• View Profile
  • Liked:
« Reply #133 on: October 19, 2006, 03:09:17 PM »
That's awfully callous ("you do want to do").
Do I think about some women in a sexual way? Absolutely. I'm a man. I'm not going to lie about that.

Callous = accurate?  You're the one implying this "biological need" to reproduce.  I'm simply indicating how one can find others attractive and not be obligated to "covet them" and want to have sex with them, despite some underlying "biological need" as you claim

_JS

• View Profile
  • Liked:
« Reply #134 on: October 19, 2006, 03:18:41 PM »
No the use of callous is in reference to your language.

You don't "indicate" anything. You just keep repeating the same line as if it were true. You don't even bother to answer questions that are asked.
   Coat my eyes with butter
   Fill my ears with silver
   Stick my legs in plaster