Author Topic: Obama perfect?  (Read 56237 times)

Plane

• View Profile
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 0
Re: Obama perfect?
« Reply #30 on: July 01, 2008, 09:24:30 PM »
   As far as I can tell the "change" is an ephemeral promise. The political record of Senator Obama is severely leftist so the real manifestation of change is simply going to be the same platform the Democrats have had for decades.

As if we are finally going to give Jimmy Carter his second term.

I could be surprised I suppose but what is the reason for being vague?

On the upside , a coupple oif years of bad liberal changes was really good for the Republican party between 92 - 94, even the bad Democratic president got the message of the Republican revolution and adopted as much of the Republican platform as he could rip off.

Things trailed off and the chargeing trumpeting Elephant heard got mired in the slough at foggy bottom, can they learn that the people really don't want more of the same if a cupple of years of really bad government under another charming and vaguely promiseing Democrat must happen again? This sort of teaching is expensive.

Xavier_Onassis

• View Profile
  • Liked:
« Reply #31 on: July 01, 2008, 10:04:31 PM »
At the very least, the GOP deserves to lose big and sit one out.

Carter meant well but was betrayed by his own countrymen, notably Kissinger.

Juniorbush didn't stand for anything except favored for fatcats until 9-11 gave him a chance to demonstrate how utterly incompetent, foolish and stubborn he could be. The worst president since Jefferson Davis.

Only time will tell whether he surpasses Davis by escaping the White House disguised as a chambermaid.
"Time flies like an arrow; fruit flies like a banana."

Christians4LessGvt

• View Profile
    • "The Religion Of Peace"
  • Liked:
« Reply #32 on: July 01, 2008, 11:31:16 PM »
"Mr. Gorbachev, tear down this wall!" - Ronald Reagan - June 12, 1987

Cynthia

« Reply #33 on: July 01, 2008, 11:40:00 PM »

Funny.

but, these comic strips you and Zozo send our way(albeit "one trick" photos on the part of Zozo)..whether left or right....mean little in the world of OUR FUTURE!!

Bush has screwed this country to the wall. I am sad about that.
He was never smart enough to lead this world. We are, afterall THE WORLD'S BEST!

If anything, Obama has the intelligence, as does McCain.

If anything that might be the answer after all.....who's smart enough to see those trees.

Plane

• View Profile
  • Liked:
« Reply #34 on: July 01, 2008, 11:44:20 PM »

Funny.

but, these comic strips you and Zozo send our way(albeit "one trick" photos on the part of Zozo)..whether left or right....mean little in the world of OUR FUTURE!!

Bush has screwed this country to the wall. I am sad about that.
He was never smart enough to lead this world. We are, afterall THE WORLD'S BEST!

If anything, Obama has the intelligence, as does McCain.

If anything that might be the answer after all.....who's smart enough to see those trees.

The one and only positive thing I know about Barak Obama is that he speaks well.

Plane

• View Profile
  • Liked:
« Reply #35 on: July 01, 2008, 11:45:57 PM »

Carter meant well but was betrayed by his own countrymen, notably Kissinger.

I have noticed you saying this before.

But I have no idea what you mean by it.

Christians4LessGvt

• View Profile
    • "The Religion Of Peace"
  • Liked:
« Reply #36 on: July 01, 2008, 11:52:39 PM »
but, these comic strips you and Zozo send our way(albeit "one trick" photos on the part of Zozo)..
whether left or right....mean little in the world of OUR FUTURE!!

Yeah sure Cynthia as if the Michael Tee F-Bombs, the XO's "Bush & Cheney are Hitlers",
or you pretending a Harvard and Yale graduate is not smart as a way to cheaply demonize
a political opponent are really meaningful for OUR FUTURE!! Your "selective high horse" is
laughable!  ::)

"Mr. Gorbachev, tear down this wall!" - Ronald Reagan - June 12, 1987

Cynthia

« Reply #37 on: July 02, 2008, 12:53:27 AM »
but, these comic strips you and Zozo send our way(albeit "one trick" photos on the part of Zozo)..
whether left or right....mean little in the world of OUR FUTURE!!

Yeah sure Cynthia as if the Michael Tee F-Bombs, the XO's "Bush & Cheney are Hitlers",
or you pretending a Harvard and Yale graduate is not smart as a way to cheaply demonize
a political opponent are really meaningful for OUR FUTURE!! Your "selective high horse" is
laughable!  ::)

A Harvard grad does not make a brilliant president, Christians.
Our Future?
It is NOW.
Look at it!!!

Plane

• View Profile
  • Liked:
« Reply #38 on: July 02, 2008, 01:34:04 AM »
One positive effect of an Obama presidency might be to make President Bush look good in contrast.

And I don't mean a little bit either!

Any slacking on the pressure on terrorist forces , followed by a terrorist attack of large scale, would force Obama to prove he isn't soft on terrorism, perhaps a small terrorist success would force President Obama to knock some heads together just to get the international community to pay attention to him.

Europe loves the President Obama idea already , this is going to be hard for him to overcome, worse than a French or English leader being seen as an American lapdog. If he doesn't get out from under the cloud of Euro love he will be vilified as Kerry only got half of.

President Obama has the wrong thing in common with President Kennedy , Youth and a perceived weakness and inexperience. After the first mistake (inevitable for any president to make one pretty soon) Foolish leaders of foreign lands will try to exploit his gullability and cowardace as Kruchev tried to do Kennedy.

The President isn't really in controll of the economy , but even if it is unfair he gets a lot of credit for its condition. The excellent economy ,that has been our good fortune for the last decade and a half,seems like it may have peaked , making it likely for us to see a severe down turn . It is unfair to blame Hoover for the great Depression , but refugee camps sprang up everywhere and were named "Hooverville" , "Obamaville" has a ring to it doesn't it? If we have a year of 10% unemployment Social security will fail right there, there is no defense against it even possible, so will President Obama draw the short straw the way Hoover did?

No Child Left Behind is one of the most bipartisan programs that we have seen recently , this didn't make it a total success, but whether President Obama decides to scrap it or keep it , he doesn't have any improvement on it ready to talk about yet. Nor is there any improvement available that doesn't step on some toes that he doesn't want to stomp on till after his second term election.

Being elected totally on charm and vague promises of hope and change , maximises the number of people who will feel betrayed with every decision he makes . Every wink and intentional vagueness is taken as a coded promise by both sides of every question as he makes an election success of being every thing to every body. What is he going to do as President when he actually has to sign some bills?

And of course he is black , to all of the world the USA will have seemed to have turned a corner and expunged its oldest shame. Getting rid of Affirmative action and never electing another politician for being black won't hurt us after President Obama takes office , but breaking the color line was not the only accomplishment of Jackie Robinson , he also played great baseball. Senator Barak Obama needs very much to be a good president , not just a placeholder till the next election . This isn't going to be easy , and I know nothing about his courage and fortitude.
« Last Edit: July 02, 2008, 01:40:09 AM by Plane »

BT

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • DebateGate
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 3
« Reply #39 on: July 02, 2008, 01:53:28 AM »
One positive effect of an Obama presidency might be to make President Bush look good in contrast.

And I don't mean a little bit either!

Any slacking on the pressure on terrorist forces , followed by a terrorist attack of large scale, would force Obama to prove he isn't soft on terrorism, perhaps a small terrorist success would force President Obama to knock some heads together just to get the international community to pay attention to him.

Europe loves the President Obama idea already , this is going to be hard for him to overcome, worse than a French or English leader being seen as an American lapdog. If he doesn't get out from under the cloud of Euro love he will be vilified as Kerry only got half of.

President Obama has the wrong thing in common with President Kennedy , Youth and a perceived weakness and inexperience. After the first mistake (inevitable for any president to make one pretty soon) Foolish leaders of foreign lands will try to exploit his gullability and cowardace as Kruchev tried to do Kennedy.

The President isn't really in controll of the economy , but even if it is unfair he gets a lot of credit for its condition. The excellent economy ,that has been our good fortune for the last decade and a half,seems like it may have peaked , making it likely for us to see a severe down turn . It is unfair to blame Hoover for the great Depression , but refugee camps sprang up everywhere and were named "Hooverville" , "Obamaville" has a ring to it doesn't it? If we have a year of 10% unemployment Social security will fail right there, there is no defense against it even possible, so will President Obama draw the short straw the way Hoover did?

No Child Left Behind is one of the most bipartisan programs that we have seen recently , this didn't make it a total success, but whether President Obama decides to scrap it or keep it , he doesn't have any improvement on it ready to talk about yet. Nor is there any improvement available that doesn't step on some toes that he doesn't want to stomp on till after his second term election.

Being elected totally on charm and vague promises of hope and change , maximises the number of people who will feel betrayed with every decision he makes . Every wink and intentional vagueness is taken as a coded promise by both sides of every question as he makes an election success of being every thing to every body. What is he going to do as President when he actually has to sign some bills?

And of course he is black , to all of the world the USA will have seemed to have turned a corner and expunged its oldest shame. Getting rid of Affirmative action and never electing another politician for being black won't hurt us after President Obama takes office , but breaking the color line was not the only accomplishment of Jackie Robinson , he also played great baseball. Senator Barak Obama needs very much to be a good president , not just a placeholder till the next election . This isn't going to be easy , and I know nothing about his courage and fortitude.

Typing with a pencil hasn't hurt your analysis one bit.

Xavier_Onassis

• View Profile
  • Liked:
« Reply #40 on: July 02, 2008, 01:53:59 AM »
This isn't going to be easy , and I know nothing about his courage and fortitude.

So what you don't know disqualifies Obama from being a good president?

Aren't there a lot of things you don;t know about McCain as well?

I am wondering if there was anything you didn't know about Juniorbush.
"Time flies like an arrow; fruit flies like a banana."

Cynthia

« Reply #41 on: July 02, 2008, 01:59:15 AM »
"No Child Left Behind is one of the most bipartisan programs that we have seen recently , this didn't make it a total success, but whether President Obama decides to scrap it or keep it , he doesn't have any improvement on it ready to talk about yet. Nor is there any improvement available that doesn't step on some toes that he doesn't want to stomp on till after his second term election."

Well, I'll tell you what....when  he is elected, I can bet the farm that he will improve this ill called the NCLB act....because it's wrong for children.

The left has always been in support of children. More so than the conservative right.

This NCLB act is insane. Never have I seen such a poorly planned approach to support education.  It might sound as though there are opportunities to help children in the long run, but it has only proven to be a political bandaid to support BUSH.

If Obama even attempts to put some sort of common sense into the mix, we will see a better system all the way around.  He is aware of the problem, so he will listen to the people. That's  all  we want, afterall. Bush has done nothing but toot his arrogant horn. HE had his chance. Look at where we are as a nation in the grand scheme of things.

The PS system needs support. Bush isn't about support for the average PS system. I am convinced fo that.  If Obama has any intelligence, he will see that the ACT which was put in place in order to help the children in this country was nothing more that an attempt to rule the world according to BUSH.

XO is spot on .....when it comes to Bush and his over ruling. Damn this Bush was a huge mistake.

I stand by that now more than ever.

Interesting....how folks think that we have yet to be attacked as a nation from the terrorists of the world, but look at the attacks and broken down military personel , "innocents" who have been terrorized.

My god.

BT

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • DebateGate
  • Liked:
« Reply #42 on: July 02, 2008, 02:05:54 AM »
NCLB is NOT about Bush, it is about the children and their future.

Do your job and do it well.

Cynthia

« Reply #43 on: July 02, 2008, 02:16:39 AM »
NCLB is about an act to avoid the truth about children, BT.
Do your job well, and realize that.

You are wrong on this issue and you always will be.

I will not argue with you anymore. YOu are ignorant in this arena.

"NCLB is NOT about Bush, it is about the children and their future."

You are wrong. BUsh is about this NCLB act...along with Kennedy.

Children have a future if the system works for them. This act has only shoved testing down their throats, BT. No encouragement to do our job.
But of course, you do not know this. You are not in the classroom.

« Last Edit: July 02, 2008, 02:21:53 AM by Cynthia »

BT

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • DebateGate
  • Liked:
« Reply #44 on: July 02, 2008, 02:23:56 AM »
NCLB is about an act to avoid the truth about children, BT.

And what truth is that? That they can not be educated? That the soft bigotry of low expectations is acceptable and should be embraced?

What nonsense.