Author Topic: Wall St  (Read 7748 times)

Kramer

• Repeal ObamaCare
    • View Profile
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 0
Wall St
« on: October 16, 2011, 10:20:33 PM »
If Wall Street is a big problem then why didn't Obama, Pelosi and Reid do something about it when they had full control of all 3 institutions?

Plane

• View Profile
  • Liked:
Re: Wall St
« Reply #1 on: October 17, 2011, 01:04:22 AM »
  They did a lot, of rescuing , bailing out and tarping.

This ensured that the giant corperations that had been poorly run would not die.

Perhaps giving a compeditive edge to poorly run companys for years to come.

Xavier_Onassis

• View Profile
  • Liked:
« Reply #2 on: October 17, 2011, 09:22:19 AM »
The companies the bailed out are not failing, please note.

Many have paid back the money borrowed in full.
"Time flies like an arrow; fruit flies like a banana."

Michael Tee

• View Profile
  • Liked:
« Reply #3 on: October 17, 2011, 11:29:08 AM »
<<If Wall Street is a big problem then why didn't Obama, Pelosi and Reid do something about it when they had full control of all 3 institutions?>>

Because they are wholly indebted to Wall Street.  It owned them then just as it owns them now.  The only difference is that a lot of people, most of whom are Obama's former base, are really starting to see the light and are very upset with Wall Street.  This leaves Obama, Pelosi and Reid with a big problem:  how to APPEAR to be "doing something" about Wall Street without really doing anything.

This reminds me of a scene from The Prince of Foxes, where the good guy gets his eyes gouged out by the bad guy's executioner.  I couldn't stand to watch the scene, so I missed how the executioner only pretended to gouge out the guy's eyes in the arena, but palmed off a couple of skinned grapes instead and held them up to the emperor while the good guy bellowed in fake pain.  I didn't get the rest of the movie because the good guy only seemed blind when he was with other people but OK when he was alone.  When he took his revenge on the tyrant, I was like Huh?  How can a blind guy split heads like that?  Obama has the Nice Executioner's Dilemma - - how can he appear to be chopping heads on Wall Street while at the same time doing no real harm to them?

sirs

• View Profile
  • Liked:
« Reply #4 on: October 17, 2011, 11:36:47 AM »
As I said, I sure do hope that messers Obama & Pelosi run on a campaign of being right there with the OWS folk.  Best thing that could happen for this country
"The worst form of inequality is to try to make unequal things equal." -- Aristotle

Xavier_Onassis

• View Profile
  • Liked:
« Reply #5 on: October 17, 2011, 11:47:05 AM »
I am pretty sure that one thing they will not do is take advice from sirs.
« Last Edit: October 17, 2011, 12:37:16 PM by Xavier_Onassis »
"Time flies like an arrow; fruit flies like a banana."

sirs

• View Profile
  • Liked:
« Reply #6 on: October 17, 2011, 12:22:26 PM »
Good thing no one expects them too.  Only twits would actually think such and opine as such
"The worst form of inequality is to try to make unequal things equal." -- Aristotle

Kramer

• Repeal ObamaCare
    • View Profile
  • Liked:
« Reply #7 on: October 17, 2011, 12:36:13 PM »
I am pretty sure that one think they will not do is take advice from sirs.

Well said you dolt, NOT REALLY. Who taught you how to make a sentence? If you are going to cut someone down it least make yourself look more intelligent than a 5 year old.

Michael Tee

• View Profile
  • Liked:
« Reply #8 on: October 17, 2011, 12:41:47 PM »
<<I am pretty sure that one thing they [Pelosi and Obama] will not do is take advice from sirs.>>

I wish they would, those two-faced, double-dealing, lying hypocrites, I would love to see them taking sirs' advice on everything they do.

But this does not mean that sirs' career as a political advisor is a non-starter.  He could probably get hired on by the Herman Cain campaign.  I hear that they are now busily scouring old Superman comics to see if they can figure out Superman's plan of attack against Lex Luthor.

sirs

• View Profile
  • Liked:
« Reply #9 on: October 17, 2011, 12:58:34 PM »
But at least we know what can bring down Superman's super ability at dealing with facts, contrary  to his already bedrock conclusion of what is, is

Michael Tee

• View Profile
  • Liked:
« Reply #10 on: October 17, 2011, 01:18:41 PM »
<<But at least we know what can bring down Superman's super ability at dealing with facts, contrary  to his already bedrock conclusion of what is, is>>

THERE ya go, sirs.  Something you can bottle and sell.  Take it to the Herman Cain campaign and you're a cinch to be hired.  Better yet, take it to Obama and Pelosi first, and offer them a first right of refusal.

sirs

• View Profile
  • Liked:
« Reply #11 on: October 17, 2011, 01:42:52 PM »
Boy, I'd love to take it to Obama & Pelosi, but Xo is convinced they won't listen to me.  Go figure

Kramer

• Repeal ObamaCare
    • View Profile
  • Liked:
« Reply #12 on: October 17, 2011, 03:00:32 PM »
OK so let me see if I understand. The protesters are protesting Wall St, which includes the banks, and their answer is to reelect Obama and to have even bigger government in order to fix the problem with banks and Wall St.

If that is what they are protesting then why are they so unhappy? Didn't TART bale out Wall St and the banks? And TARP was a couple of $Trillion Dollars, and that was government money, right? Which is bigger government, which is what they want. And Obama pushed TARP, along with fears to all Americans that is the banks weren't baled out, with taxpayer money, they would fail and we would all be out of work and eating from dumpsters.

So if the government didn't step in and bale out Wall St and the markets had reacted properly the institutions supposedly would have failed; banks would have failed, Wall St would collapse and the free markets would have done what free markets do minus the government getting involved.

Am I missing something here? Aren't these protesters kinda mixed up, confused, uneducated, ignorant, dumb and silly?
« Last Edit: October 17, 2011, 03:11:32 PM by Kramer »

sirs

• View Profile
  • Liked:
« Reply #13 on: October 17, 2011, 03:50:17 PM »
OK so let me see if I understand. The protesters are protesting Wall St, which includes the banks, and their answer is to reelect Obama and to have even bigger government in order to fix the problem with banks and Wall St.

I presented that very question in my "Riddle me this thread". Obama, Pelosi, & Reid were all for, and behind the bailouts, sticking the bill on the taxpayers.  Currently, Obama has his buddies at Solyndra are getting most, if not all of his tax payer money back, before the tax payer.  And they now have the gall to try and ride that wave that they themselves spearheaded??

And where's the MSM??   Shhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh

Is it any wonder neither XO nor Tee can come up with even 1 "accomplishment" that the Dems can hang their hat on, with campaign commercials, and say "4 more years gets you this!!"

Michael Tee

• View Profile
  • Liked:
« Reply #14 on: October 17, 2011, 04:00:39 PM »
<<Is it any wonder neither XO nor Tee can come up with even 1 "accomplishment" that the Dems can hang their hat on, with campaign commercials, and say "4 more years gets you this!!">>

Hey leave me outta this!  I'm first to admit that Obama is a disappointment and a failure, a liar and a hypocrite.  I don't give a shit what happens to him.