Author Topic: A little early....didn't think Obama would stoop this low, so soon  (Read 12063 times)

sirs

• View Profile
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 0
Re: A little early....didn't think Obama would stoop this low, so soon
« Reply #45 on: August 01, 2008, 04:43:24 PM »
Let's actually make it even simpler:

McCain...ZIP racist attacks or even references on Obama
Obama....paraphrased; "McCain & company will try to convince you to not vote for me because I'm black"

Race card played, McCain: 0, Obama: big fat 1

Pretty deep paraphrasing there.  No chance you could post the real comment and see if people can make up their own minds? 

If you had grasped the initial post to this thread, that I posted, you wouldn't have had to ask......but for those who didn't pay attention to the initial post: "Nobody thinks that Bush and McCain have a real answer to the challenges we face.  So what they're going to try to do is make you scared of me. You know, 'He's not patriotic enough, he's got a funny name.' You know, 'He doesn't look like all those other presidents on the dollar bills."'
« Last Edit: August 01, 2008, 05:43:33 PM by sirs »
"The worst form of inequality is to try to make unequal things equal." -- Aristotle

Plane

• View Profile
  • Liked:
« Reply #46 on: August 01, 2008, 05:20:22 PM »
FYI for those leftists, talk show hosts aren't the ones running for office, nor are they connected to the McCain camp.  So the continued grossly obvious misrepresentation efforts, are pretty transparent for all to see.  Just so you know

=======================================
Rush and Hannity and the rest of these clowns are doing what they are paid to do: defend the Oligarchy. They are npot entertainers, they are propagandists.

Just so you know.

It hardly matters to McCain why people vote for him or against Obama. He is desperate. This is his last, futile gasp. After this, there is only the golf course, the old folks' home and Arlington Cemetery. He must prevail, and will do so with as little personal damage as possible.

Every day, Obama's campaign offices are bombarded with racist slurs and death threats, and none of this being reported, but it is being received and noted.

The swiftboaters will float in, like unwelcome turds in a punchbowl, after the boost that Obama gets from his nominating convention.

So Obama is responsible for what you and MT say here as if he had said it himself?

_JS

• Salaires legers. Chars lourds.
    • View Profile
  • Liked:
« Reply #47 on: August 01, 2008, 05:43:16 PM »
"Nobody thinks that Bush and McCain have a real answer to the challenges we face.  So what they're going to try to do is make you scared of me. You know, 'He's not patriotic enough, he's got a funny name.' You know, 'He doesn't look like all those other presidents on the dollar bills."

So...what is incorrect about this? I'd say this is probably a true statement.

Don't get me wrong, the Democrats aren't above scare tactics either, but the Republicans will certainly use them and Patriotism, "Hussein" (which is an ancient Arabic name), and Obama's race will all be part of the mudslinging with dead certainty. Politics is Machiavellian to the core - why wouldn't they use these notions? And yeah, McCain won't actually say them - that's why you have teams of people and an entire political party behind you.
I smell something burning, hope it's just my brains.
They're only dropping peppermints and daisy-chains
   So stuff my nose with garlic
   Coat my eyes with butter
   Fill my ears with silver
   Stick my legs in plaster
   Tell me lies about Vietnam.

sirs

• View Profile
  • Liked:
« Reply #48 on: August 01, 2008, 05:48:42 PM »
How's it feel to to boldly support injecting a racist statement, accusing the McCain camp with zip evidence, simply to claim it, then pretend it's the McCain camp pulling the race card.  Pretty disengenuous if you ask me.  Almost to the point of being intellectually dishonest, especially with the efforts in rationalizing such racist commentary
"The worst form of inequality is to try to make unequal things equal." -- Aristotle

ZoSo

« Reply #49 on: August 01, 2008, 05:59:38 PM »
Yea, the race card has been played, DIRECTLY BY OBAMA.  Can't say the same about McCain, outside of your invalid, unsubstantiated 7degrees of supporter seperation

Not true. McCrazy played the race card when he approved the ad that included Obama & the two white bimbos McCrazy considers "international celebrities". He then made a pre emptive strike and accused Obama of "using the race card" with a familiar quote  first used by Obama months ago.

"Of all the famous celebrities they could have compared Obama to, why not Tom Cruise? Or Arnold Schwarzenegger, or Donald Trump, or Oprah Winfrey? Why Britney Spears and Paris Hilton? Why two white blond bimbos?

Only one reason. It's a somewhat tamer version of the white bimbo ad used so successfully against Harold Ford in Tennessee. In juxtaposing Barack Obama with Britney Spears and Paris Hilton, the McCain campaign is simply trying to plant the old racist seed of black man hitting on young white woman. Not directly, but subliminally and disgracefully.

One thing for sure. This isn't the John McCain we first saw in 2000, running a campaign on the issues. And this isn't the positive McCain campaign he himself promised us for 2008. This is a campaign that, from the beginning, is nothing but negative, personal, dirty and, yes, racist."

Bill Press

ZoSo

« Reply #50 on: August 01, 2008, 06:07:16 PM »
Sex celebs: Why Britney and Paris?

We just got off a conference call with Camp McCain, defending their new ad comparing Barack Obama to Paris Hilton and Britney Spears.

They said they thought the ad was legitimate because Obama is a big celebrity (which happens to be what John McCain was, too, when he came home from Vietnam and started to build his political career), and Britney and Paris were Number 2 and 3.

The problem: Anyone with even a vague sense of pop culture knows that Britney and Paris are yesterday's news. Here's a link to Forbes' Celebrity 100. Paris and Britney don't even make the list any more.

Instead, the top 10, in order: Oprah Winfrey, Tiger Woods, Angelina Jolie, Beyonce Knowles, David Beckham, Johnny Depp, Jay-Z, The Police, JK Rowling, Brad Pitt.

So, they didn't pick other big celebrities, who were either men, or black, or married.

What they picked was two sexually available white women.

But it must have been a coincidence, because we know John McCain wants to run an elevated campaign focusing on the serious issues that America faces.

Newsday

Amianthus

• Bring on the flames...
    • View Profile
    • Mario's Home Page
  • Liked:
« Reply #51 on: August 01, 2008, 06:16:43 PM »
No link.
Do not anticipate trouble, or worry about what may never happen. Keep in the sunlight. (Benjamin Franklin)

Plane

• View Profile
  • Liked:
« Reply #52 on: August 01, 2008, 06:24:28 PM »
http://www.wikio.com/discussion/676572

http://weblogs.newsday.com/news/local/longisland/politics/blog/2008/07/sex_celebs_why_britney_and_par.html

I wonder how Brittany and Spears feel about being used as a prop ?

this is very directly an "empty suit " or "no Beef" ploy , it is really reaching to consider it a stubtle racist ploy.

The Empty Suit himself didn't think of this the same day it came out , if it takes 24 hours for someone with his intelligence to crack that code , how long will it take those who are not as stubtle and intelligent? A code that the enemy can decode faster than you can was one of the problems that handicapped Imperial Japan.
« Last Edit: August 01, 2008, 06:39:20 PM by Plane »

_JS

• View Profile
  • Liked:
« Reply #53 on: August 01, 2008, 06:36:20 PM »
How's it feel to to boldly support injecting a racist statement, accusing the McCain camp with zip evidence, simply to claim it, then pretend it's the McCain camp pulling the race card.  Pretty disingenuous if you ask me.  Almost to the point of being intellectually dishonest, especially with the efforts in rationalizing such racist commentary

I still don't see what's wrong with it.

You doubt that there will be racist comments or ads? I was here in TN when the RNC ran their infamous racist ad against Harold Ford Jr. Mind you, the GOP candidate (now Senator) Bob Corker vociferously opposed the ad, yet the GOP refused to pull it at Corker's request. Eventually they did remove it, but not until it had run long enough for effect.

We could debate all day about the candidates (truth be told, Corker was to the left of Ford and they both sucked). Yet, the ad was absolutely racist and it left little room for doubt. The RNC ran it, even after their candidate publicly asked that it be pulled.

So, you can play on the high-horse, but real life politics is played where the pigs wallow. There is no doubt that the GOP will use race where polls indicate it will benefit them.

Why?

Simple. There's not a dime's worth of difference between the two parties. That's why there's so much venom on this forum around election time. Everyone has to post articles with titles like "A little early....didn't think Obama would stoop this low, so soon". There's no real policy difference (especially at a level on which the public bothers to care) so the alternative is to sling mud.

So how do you size up your candidates?

Barrack Hussein Obama gets linked to Islam, and every possible negative connotation that can carry. He also gets linked to African-Americans and every possible negative connotation that can carry. Put him with Sharpton, Farrakhan, militant Islam, Iran, Palestinians, then associate him with every possible stereotype imaginable. He's a bit better off than Ford because Ford was a bachelor and made the mistake of attending a Superbowl Party at Hugh Hefner's home. I'd put Obama with union leaders, who are still very maligned in much of the South and Midwest. I'd see if I can find old colleagues to try and Swift Boat him - they're worth the money. Make sure he's seen as a posh elitist and absolutely make sure you get your evangelicals out by making Obama into a very anti-Christian, pro-gay, abortionist.

John McCain is ancient, was a member of the Keating Five, is known for his quick temper, and is also routinely loathed by the right wing of his own party. Link him to scandal and make sure that everyone knows who Charles Keating was and why the S&L collapse did so much damage (McCain and Glenn were actually found innocent, but condemned for using "poor judgment" but make him defend his actions). I'd tie him so close to Charles Keating that you'd think they were married. Then I'd explain how much money McCain & Keating cost taxpayers. Next, I'd make McCain look like a friggin' old nut. Have as many people as you can to come out and say what a crazy temper the guy has and that he'll go off for no reason at a moment's notice. Would you trust him at a G8 Summit? Lastly, in more of a stealth campaign, make sure that the right wing knows that your guy is a moderate and McCain is no "true believer." He's a big government spender and no friend of evangelicals either.
   Coat my eyes with butter
   Fill my ears with silver
   Stick my legs in plaster

Plane

• View Profile
  • Liked:
« Reply #54 on: August 01, 2008, 06:44:06 PM »
How's it feel to to boldly support injecting a racist statement, accusing the McCain camp with zip evidence, simply to claim it, then pretend it's the McCain camp pulling the race card.  Pretty disingenuous if you ask me.  Almost to the point of being intellectually dishonest, especially with the efforts in rationalizing such racist commentary

Shouldn't he have waited for it to happen , so that it would be more truthy?

Jumping the gun like this reveils how much BHO is depending on his race , to win the race, if he were light complected there would be no reason to prefer him to Kuchinich or Edwards.

If the McCain Campaign behaves itself too much , Obama should drag race in becausee he needs the victomhood , even if he has to make it himself.

_JS

• View Profile
  • Liked:
« Reply #55 on: August 01, 2008, 06:55:15 PM »
I'm still at a loss for why y'all think this is such a big deal.

So Obama uses his race? He shouldn't? You seem to think that this is some 18th century gentlemanly dispute. I'd have thought that the godless, no holds barred, election of 2004 would have cured y'all of this fairytale.
   Coat my eyes with butter
   Fill my ears with silver
   Stick my legs in plaster

sirs

• View Profile
  • Liked:
« Reply #56 on: August 01, 2008, 07:20:17 PM »

Why of course not.     ::)    More rolling in the grave by the great MLK.  In case you missed the point, it's the utter transparent "no problemmo" of racist commentary that would get a Republican lynched by not just the MSM, but likely by his own party, that Obama gets a complete pass for.  You think McCain would get away with anything remotely resembling, "Obama's gonna make you scared of me because I'm white"  Or anything even resembling a racist statement??

Plane

• View Profile
  • Liked:
« Reply #57 on: August 01, 2008, 07:35:02 PM »
I'm still at a loss for why y'all think this is such a big deal.

So Obama uses his race? He shouldn't? You seem to think that this is some 18th century gentlemanly dispute. I'd have thought that the godless, no holds barred, election of 2004 would have cured y'all of this fairytale.

Who said that John Kerrys style was admirable?

Xavier_Onassis

• View Profile
  • Liked:
« Reply #58 on: August 01, 2008, 09:35:47 PM »
The swiftboaters will float in, like unwelcome turds in a punchbowl, after the boost that Obama gets from his nominating convention.

So Obama is responsible for what you and MT say here as if he had said it himself?

===================================================
Compraring me to a swiftboater, really.

No way I am going to actually pay bazillions, or even tens, of dollars to say naughty things about McCain.
But if the swiftboaters appear, they will appear with the consent of McCain, or if he refuses, the support of the Republican National Committee, probably covertly, so no one can prove it until December or so.

I will blame McCain for all the racist crap and swiftboat crap that comes up, do not beileve that I won't. But I will probably just piss and moan about it on the free channels of information open to me.

"Time flies like an arrow; fruit flies like a banana."

Plane

• View Profile
  • Liked:
« Reply #59 on: August 02, 2008, 02:46:07 AM »

===================================================
Compraring me to a swiftboater, really.

No way I am going to actually pay bazillions, or even tens, of dollars to say naughty things about McCain.
But if the swiftboaters appear, they will appear with the consent of McCain, or if he refuses, the support of the Republican National Committee, probably covertly, so no one can prove it until December or so.

I will blame McCain for all the racist crap and swiftboat crap that comes up, do not beileve that I won't. But I will probably just piss and moan about it on the free channels of information open to me.

I don't think that any of the Swift Boat Veterans , except Kerry himself spent Millions.

Or found any millions either.