Author Topic: Quote of the year , already  (Read 15014 times)

Mucho

Quote of the year , already
« on: January 06, 2007, 10:56:21 AM »
What gross hypocrits you Repubs are:

"What we really expect out of the Democrats is for them to treat us as they would liked to have been treated."
Representative JOHN BOEHNER of Ohio, the new House minority leader

http://www.boston.com/news/globe/editorial_opinion/oped/articles/2007/01/06/quotes_of_note/

BT

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • DebateGate
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 3
Re: Quote of the year , already
« Reply #1 on: January 06, 2007, 12:57:38 PM »
Would Pelosi also be hypocritical as she had spelled out in a letter how she would like to see the minority party treated, and is now not treating them that way?

Mucho

« Reply #2 on: January 06, 2007, 02:57:12 PM »
Would Pelosi also be hypocritical as she had spelled out in a letter how she would like to see the minority party treated, and is now not treating them that way?

Not to worry , you Repubs will be given a lot of chances to delay and obfuscate, like you want to now, in the future. Right now the Dems are keeping a more important promise to the people by getting things done. The promise to include you must wait until they keep THAT one.

http://www.newshounds.us/2007/01/03/republicans_can_break_all_the_rules_they_want_but_democrats_must_keep_their_promises.php

BT

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • DebateGate
  • Liked:
« Reply #3 on: January 06, 2007, 03:53:45 PM »
So whe is being hypocritical. Thanks for your agreement. I know it must have been very difficult for you to do that.

Lanya

• View Profile
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 0
« Reply #4 on: January 06, 2007, 05:55:21 PM »
Tough noogies, Boner.  You reap what you sow.
Planned Parenthood is America’s most trusted provider of reproductive health care.

BT

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • DebateGate
  • Liked:
« Reply #5 on: January 06, 2007, 06:07:26 PM »

Which has little to do with Pelosi's hypocrisy quotient, she who advocates one thing , then does another.

If Boehner is a hypocrit, so is Nancy.

Mucho

« Reply #6 on: January 06, 2007, 06:16:55 PM »

Which has little to do with Pelosi's hypocrisy quotient, she who advocates one thing , then does another.

If Boehner is a hypocrit, so is Nancy.

I am Shocked I tell you SHOCKED that any politician would be hypocritical. You ARE such babies.

BT

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • DebateGate
  • Liked:
« Reply #7 on: January 06, 2007, 06:19:09 PM »
I am Shocked I tell you SHOCKED that any politician would be hypocritical. You ARE such babies.

Somehow i am not shocked that both and lanya give nancy a pass.  must be that "its ok if you are a dem" syndrome.

Mucho

« Reply #8 on: January 06, 2007, 06:57:22 PM »

Somehow i am not shocked that both and lanya give nancy a pass.  must be that "its ok if you are a dem" syndrome.

One diff is that Nancy is a smart and subtle hypocrit while Boehner is a stupid and obvious one like most Repubs
« Last Edit: January 06, 2007, 07:07:29 PM by Mucho »

Lanya

• View Profile
  • Liked:
« Reply #9 on: January 06, 2007, 07:12:24 PM »

She offered this to the House Republican leader 2 years ago (I think) and he did not deign to respond. 

I'm sure he regrets his decision now, but tsk tsk, should have thought of that 2 years ago, when it seemed that the Republican Reign of Corruption would go on forever.
Planned Parenthood is America’s most trusted provider of reproductive health care.

BT

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • DebateGate
  • Liked:
« Reply #10 on: January 06, 2007, 08:36:40 PM »
She offered this to the House Republican leader 2 years ago

Yes she did , in a letter, and now that she is in a position to give what she had requested to recieve , she doesn't.

Hypocritical, to say the least.

and while we are on the subject of corruption, has Nancy done anything concerning Murtha. Mollohan (set to oversee the FBI budget, the same FBI that is investigating him, Jefferson, Conyers and even she has a questionable trip to Puerto Rico paid for by lobbyists.

I guess if you are going to make grand claims about draining the swamp, it is important to have dirty first hand knowledge of that same swamp.

sirs

• View Profile
  • Liked:
« Reply #11 on: January 06, 2007, 08:55:20 PM »

She offered this to the House Republican leader 2 years ago (I think) and he did not deign to respond.  I'm sure he regrets his decision now, but tsk tsk, should have thought of that 2 years ago, when it seemed that the Republican Reign of Corruption would go on forever.

You do grasp what you are justifying, right Lanya?  No longer looking to advocate fairness and bi-partisanship?  No longer looking to strike some form of minority rights within the House/Senate?  Guess what, I kinda figured Pelosi's rhetoric was hollow, as was yours.  Just want power to push your agenda and damn anyone else.  Pretty much right along the lines of that thread of advocating Bi-partisanship when in the minority.  Pelosi had no intrerest in it, and neither do you.  Just power, and now that the Dems are in charge, it's screw you......ironically the very condemnations you were leveling at the GOP when they were in power.  So, how does it feel to be an official power hungry corrupted Republican?
"The worst form of inequality is to try to make unequal things equal." -- Aristotle

BT

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • DebateGate
  • Liked:
« Reply #12 on: January 06, 2007, 08:58:51 PM »
So, how does it feel to be an official power hungry corrupted Republican?

You left off hypocritical.

Mucho

« Reply #13 on: January 06, 2007, 11:42:07 PM »

She offered this to the House Republican leader 2 years ago (I think) and he did not deign to respond.  I'm sure he regrets his decision now, but tsk tsk, should have thought of that 2 years ago, when it seemed that the Republican Reign of Corruption would go on forever.

You do grasp what you are justifying, right Lanya?  No longer looking to advocate fairness and bi-partisanship?  No longer looking to strike some form of minority rights within the House/Senate?  Guess what, I kinda figured Pelosi's rhetoric was hollow, as was yours.  Just want power to push your agenda and damn anyone else.  Pretty much right along the lines of that thread of advocating Bi-partisanship when in the minority.  Pelosi had no intrerest in it, and neither do you.  Just power, and now that the Dems are in charge, it's screw you......ironically the very condemnations you were leveling at the GOP when they were in power.  So, how does it feel to be an official power hungry corrupted Republican?

It is sooo good to see you finally admitting that you Repubs are corrupt, but everyone knew that already.

BT

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • DebateGate
  • Liked:
« Reply #14 on: January 07, 2007, 12:18:28 AM »
It is sooo good to see you finally admitting that you Repubs are corrupt, but everyone knew that already.

Like the true moron you are, once again you get it wrong.

What you won't have a problem finding is when corrupt republicans are discovered, they are either asked to step down or they resign on their own.

And that seems to be a different modus operandi than the dems.